SASS Wire Forum

Plans for Friday.

Dorado

Well, I can't wait for tomorrow. I have the day off so I'm going to spend the day cooking. I've got 4 briskets I'm going to throw in the smoker and a six pack of Shinerbock to cool me off with a couple of good cigars to burn. I'm gonna get my lawn chair and cooler out and smoke away the day. ^_^:D :D

This morning is scheduled to be our first outdoor CAS practice for the year...naturally, early spring has returned to N.Illinois, so the temp at 7:30 is 29 degrees...we'll see how many hardy souls show up. Gloves for carrying cold steel will probably be a "hot" commodity! Of course the cool temps would lend themselves to yard mowing this afternoon...

CS

Grumpy, I mowed earlier this week. Already needs mowing again. I may mow some today. But first I need to load a couple of ammo boxes for Saturday, my brother and his fiance are coming in and they're going to go shoot with me, so I need more ammo. But for the most part all I'm going to do is smoke these briskets and relax.

CS, sorry to hear it's so cold up there. I think it's about 60 outside right now going to be 80 and it is beautiful! :D Have fun though.

This is a switch, I'm in the office today and you all are off! :D

After work I'll pick up pizza, then home and eat it. Not sure about the rest of the evening, may go to a Good Friday service at church. Tomorrow we head down South to meet with Miz Grizz's siblings about her mom's stuff, that should be an adventure.

CS, sorry to hear it's so cold up there. I think it's about 60 outside right now going to be 80 and it is beautiful! :D Have fun though.

38 degrees when we started, 45 when we finished...15 shooters today, which is a pretty good turnout for a Friday at 10:00AM...'course, it's mostly retired guys - and one grandson off for Good Friday. Interesting thing is, we did the first shoot of the season last Sunday at Fort Des Moines Rangers, where it was 86 degrees and dry...have to love spring weather!

CS

Spring weather is about as predictable as the lottery. You can make your best guess but in the end it all boils down to luck. Such as Tuesday. I believe that we had a 30% chance of rain and we got over 2" of rain and 14+ tornadoes.

Archived