SASS Wire Forum

Uprising at Swearing Creek

Howdy Cowgirls and Cowboys,

Time is getting short, less than 60 days to the start of the 2012 Uprising at Swearing Creek, 31 May-03 June 2012. The Board of NCCI would like to formally invite you to attend, what we consider, one of the best Cowboy Action Shooting matches available to attend. Now in the final stages of planning so this messages is to give you some information to help you plan for the match.

This year has added some fun as the theme of the match is : “Tales of Swearing Creek”. The story lines this year are about characters from Swearing Creek and their stories. I hear tell there might be some tales of some of the folks that you might know.

This year’s North Carolina SASS Black Powder Championship will be held on Thursday (side match day) and will consist of 6 stages and is scheduled from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Main Match is not required to shoot the BP Match.

There will be a Wild Bunch Side Match consisting of 4 stages that will begin as soon as the BP Match is over. (3:00pm?)

Side matches will be held the same as last year with 2 Blasts with one at 10:00am and the other at 01:00pm. Speed events and Long Range will start at 12:00 and run till 4:00pm.

If you are arriving on Thursday evening, you may Register and pick up your Shooter’s Packet at the Holiday Inn in the Hospitality Suite.

Additional information can be found at: www.ncstatematch.org

Thanks for your support of the Uprising

Carolina Jack

President, NCCI

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin forward to this match.

This is trully a classic match with some of the best host you can find anywhere.

Now as far as the stages being about some of those Carolina shooters, I hope Carolina Jack can find something 'printable' and not tooooooo embarrassing about some of those hombres that hide out in the N.Carolina mountains..... :lol:

See ya soooooon!

..........Widder

Dingo, Murphy, Charlie and I can't wait for the shoot. This will be a great warm-up for EOT.

If you have not been to this match you need to come on down. They do a great job, with fun, fast well written stages. They also have some great food vendors. Can you say "fried bologna sandwiches" cut thick to fill you up.....

See you the first weekend in June.

Sixgun Sallie :)

Yep,

Jonsey's will be there with their fried bologna sandwitches. :lol:

Round count for the match will be 100 rifle, 100 pistol, and about 50 shotgun.

Information on the Wild Bunch match will be forthcoming.

State Black Powder match will require 60 rifle, 60 pistol, about 30 shotgun.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

CJ

We are really looking forward to this shoot. Always have a great time and there is no better bologna sandwich anywhere.

Hope to be making a bunch of smoke.

Lucky :D

We're looking forward to seeing old and new faces this year. Jack always does a great job on the stories and stages so come on down!!! Good stages, good food, and parking close to the berms.

P.S. Stage One is about me and regardless of what Jack, or other so-called witnesses say, there were no animals involved. :wacko:

I look forward to this match every year.

You newer cowboys in and around NC would greatly enjoy this match. Yeh, the best shooters are gonna likely place high in the most popular categories but Carolina Jack and company set up a great match that is very shootable, very friendly and very well populated with good cowboys, cowgirls and vendors. If you have got your equipment and have only shot a couple of matches you might do better than you think. If you don't have all of your equipment, come to the match to watch the shooters and shop in the vendor tents. You can get ready for next year's match.

I went last year for the first time, and can't wait to get back again this year. Great shoot and great people. Hospitality was unbeatable. Hope to shoot with some of the good people I shot with last year.

Cactus Whiskey

I wouldn't mind except I would have to shoot against RRR and Harlon.....again.

I have already seen that movie and Ol' Yeller dies. It's not good.

Dang It.

aka Ol' #2.

I know you ain't skeeeered so come on up and hope for the best!!! :)

I wouldn't mind except I would have to shoot against RRR and Harlon.....again.

I have already seen that movie and Ol' Yeller dies. It's not good.

Dang It.

aka Ol' #2.

Hey Dang It Dan:

RRR, (I mean, Wed Wiver Way) can be easily distracted.

Last year, I flipped up the back portion of my hat brim to help create a 'spoiler' effect when I run, and ole Way laughed, got distracted, and got some penalties on that stage.

It was just too much for him to bare........... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Dan

One of the stages in this year's match is about Ray!!! :blink:

I am sure he will be distracted after reading it!! :lol:

CJ

Lets see, a stage about Ray....shoot as many guns as you can in 12 seconds, all rounds not fired are misses????

Tombstone,

To count all not fired as misses would be unfair to the shooter :(

Make half of them misses and half of the proceedurals :lol:

Then throw in a SOG for trying to get an unfair advantage :ph34r:

Come One, Come All

The Uprising is just around the corner.

Great match, great fun!!! :lol:

And the bestest darn Bologna sammiches anywhere.....right there on the range.

..........Widder

Dan, it may be based on the second day of shooting and you start holding you head with hand and you belly with the other :lol:

Stage about me?? Hmmm must be a still envolved LOL. OK saved enough to buy a stamp for my free entry will put it in tha mail this week.

Dan I sure wish you would come an shoot with us this year. Your a class act and add much to any match.

Big Fish

Stage about me?? Hmmm must be a still envolved LOL. OK saved enough to buy a stamp for my free entry will put it in tha mail this week.

Dan I sure wish you would come an shoot with us this year. Your a class act and add much to any match.

Big Fish

We'll be there to tone down the High Class atmosphere!

Here kitty, kitty...

Sparky

Kitty, Kitty nothin.

its more like Ashia and Kadisha, the Geisha twins that work in that high class, reputable Massage Parlor down on the hwy.

The other day, Ashia says: "Rida, haf you seen Wed Wiver Way lately. I told her 'NO' but I hope to see him in June, If not sooner in Georgia.

Well, Kadisha chimed in kinda jealous like and said "Way beta stay outa Jaw'gha". I think she misunderstood my meaning and I had to explain to her that it was a Cowboy Shoot in Georgia.

Anyhow, they may have to miss the NC State because they are scheduled to be special guest at some tractor pull and salt water taffey taste contest first part of June. Those Geisha twins sure get around.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up!

..........Widder

And the tractor pull/salt water taffy taste contest are scheduled for Friday evening behind the big tent.....................way behind!!!!! :)

Royal: obviously, you don't know the twins. These are respectable ladies who just happen to get a twinkle in their eye everytime the name of RRR or Korupt Karl is mentioned. :D

I'm just a good friend of theirs who understand their dilemma.

They have worked long and hard to become professional massage 'theropist'..... ;)

..........Widder

Royal: obviously, you don't know the twins. These are respectable ladies who just happen to get a twinkle in their eye everytime the name of RRR or Korupt Karl is mentioned. :D

I'm just a good friend of theirs who understand their dilemma.

They have worked long and hard to become professional massage 'theropist'..... ;)

..........Widder

I kin c this here Cowpoke shootin is serious bidness. No jokin roun Gist com pe tition! Lets keep it that a way!

My gawd ye got a ole re tired cop wid a har trigger, a SPOOK an a one eyed Gamer running one of tha best state shows there is. Then ye got a sliver haired silver bearded AL SWINGEN putin in his 2 cents worth. Its a good thing my feet are on solid ground.

RRR

Archived