SASS Wire Forum

Bye, Bye, Para!

About a year ago, I posted about a problem I was having getting the folks at Para Ordnance to repair my Slim Hawg under warranty.

They just plain put me on "forget"; no return calls, conflicting explanations for the delay, nasty attitude, and almost a year to resolve the problem. Frustrating times 10.

Well, it looks like I was not the only one; this message is now posted on the web site of one of the largest gun retailers in MA:

"We no longer sell Para Ordnance handguns and cannot in good business conscience order one for you knowing the history with this company's customer service department."

Crying shame. I was very pleased with the gun; it was the customer service that failed. Maybe they will get the message when they lose dealers, and get back on track.

LL

I never owned a Para, but I lusted after a few of their guns. But at the time I was concentrating on accumulating my SASS arsenal so other playtoys had to wait. In retrospect, it now seems like I lucked out.

I guess that they believe that Customers will continue to buy guns dispite their lack of real service. We hear how popular gun buying is these days, especially with self-defense minded and women.

I have to have a good reason to buy anything new other than Ruger, S&W, Taylor's. They have most everything that I want in new guns and have proven good service to me.

I never owned a Para, but I lusted after a few of their guns. But at the time I was concentrating on accumulating my SASS arsenal so other playtoys had to wait. In retrospect, it now seems like I lucked out.

Red:

Actually, I'd be real disappointed if I didn't get my Slim Hawg; it's my favorite carry gun, and my only 1911; like you, for me it was lust at first sight. I sincerely hope that the new owners straighten it out, and get them back where they belong.

LL

I bought one ah Para's GI Expert when it came out,

I broke a magazine follower the first night (my fault) and called Para's CS.

Within 5 minutes on the phone a friendly serviceman said they'd send me TWO followers at NO CHARGE :)

The GI stills shoots very strait an no further problems since.

I had no problems with Para's service dept. at all.

Archived