SASS Wire Forum

Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington

Black Harris  #154

You folks be safe! We're prayin' for ya's!!

Straight line winds lifted a horse shed over our pipe fence and into the front of our barn today on our property in East Texas. So, we will be doing some repairs next week when I'm off.

Hopin' & prayin' all you folks from the DFW area came thru unscathed. I'm in NJ... no rain, very little cloud cover... but I gotta go that way to get home and sure that somewhere I'll be drivin' thru the remnants of it. Got a garbled msg from my son that the electricity was out... but that was all I could understand. Our phones don't work without the squirrels at the big plant across the lake runnin' full steam ahead, and their leashes connected up good. Cell service is spotty at best... I'm hopin' for the best.

T Bone, are you and the Bar 3 still there, looks like this storm is hanging around English Tx for a while. If you need to sacrifice something to the storm, I vote for the Chickens

Best place to hide from tornados touching down is in Cowboy stadiun, never a touchdown there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite right, but I heard there was a touch-n-go on the infield in the Ranger's Ballpark next door!

The bad-'n went east of my house, and the one that hit Arlington tracked near my office. Got to spend an hour locked in a stairwell.

HEAVY RAIN here, no strong winds yet! Everything has been north of us so far! BAd storms around BAR 3

Good one Jack! I too am saying prayers for all our pards there. Andy, Goldie, let me you're OK. That was some terrific winds. Stay down, please for God's sake don't be looking out to see how you are doing.

Thanks Jack for giving mr something I can piggy back on.

Howdy, Pards,

Called friends in Kennedale, TX, when I heard the twisters were headed toward that town. One twister (there are reports that there were actually eleven!!! :blink: ) apparently went between their house and the street! Tore two big trees out by the roots, took most of the shingles off their roof, but thank God no injuries! Saw the CNN (yeah I occasionally tune them in, just to see what the other bunch are up to) live report where a bunch of semi-trailers were literally flying through the air like a bunch of paper plates! :o

Godspeed to all those affected by these storms, and let's pray it lets up for the next round that is predicted! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your Pard,

The Judge and I send our thoughts and prayers to all in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area affected by the tornadoes. Hope the Dooleys are OK. Also Billy Boots, as I saw that Bogata was right in the path. Please ... area Pards and Pardettes ... let us know you are OK.

Kate

I appreciate the concerns for all of us here in the area. We were lucky and nothing but heavy rain here. Lots of homes and businesses destroyed all around the DFW area but so far I have not heard of any fatalities, Thank God for that!

I appreciate the concerns for all of us here in the area. We were lucky and nothing but heavy rain here. Lots of homes and businesses destroyed all around the DFW area but so far I have not heard of any fatalities, Thank God for that!

Thanks God indeed!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I live between Bogata and Hagansport, two places mentioned in some NETX warnings. I watched clouds part of the time never seeing any rotaton, my wife had me in a closet with her and the dogs some also. We did lose power for a while but I think it was very local and not for a long period.....two inches rain and some fair wind however all is well. Hope others had it as fortunate as we, sure looked and sounded scary for quite a spell.

I live between Bogata and Hagansport, two places mentioned in some NETX warnings. I watched clouds part of the time never seeing any rotaton, my wife had me in a closet with her and the dogs some also. We did lose power for a while but I think it was very local and not for a long period.....two inches rain and some fair wind however all is well. Hope others had it as fortunate as we, sure looked and sounded scary for quite a spell.

Good to hear Billy!! I watched the radar around you, it didn't look too good! They were showing alot of rotation between you and Hagansport!

Good to hear Billy!! I watched the radar around you, it didn't look too good! They were showing alot of rotation between you and Hagansport!

Jack, the problem (maybe not) in living amongst the trees as I do is one observes clouds mostly just up. If I could have seen more openly to the south (Hagansport), I might have gotten in the closet sooner. I suspect the bad stuff was in the clouds but fortunately not coming down in our area. Actually not even much hail, but plenty rain. Mustang creek by my house was already out when I went to work early this morning.

Well the one in southwest Arlington missed my house by several blocks, just lost a few shingles to wind, but probably lost the whole roof to the golfball sized hail!

I have personally heard from T-Bone, Honey Graceful, my niece, and cousins. All is well with them. Has anyone heard from NonStop and Goldie? Sure hope all is well with them.

Billy Boots: so glad ya'll are alright. Thanks for checkin' in.

God bless all who were affected by the storms.

Kate and Judge

Archived