SASS Wire Forum

Texas State Championship

Goatneck Clem

We are 4 weeks and counting from the Texas State Matches. All new for Side Match Day on Thursday. If you like to shot Clay Birds with your Cowboy Shotguns. Wow....We have a side Match for you!!!. International Wobble Trap thrown from a Trailer designed for Clay Birds. You could be the first Clay Bird State Champion in Texas. Bring plenty of shotgun shells and have loads of fun. Shoot as many rounds of birds that you want and shoot with a team member also.

See YOUALL May 3rd thru 5th @ Lone Star & C V V in Cleburne, Texas YOUALL come and see us now.

Well Griff a man and shooter of your means and Travels have not shot a wobble trap. It is the same as any Sporting Clays Trap with one execption. The wobble trap will hold between 3 and 400 clay birds. It moves like a trap at a trap range with one additional function. The wobble trap moves form left to right and right to left and up and down and throws the bird while in motion. The shooter has to be ready to shoot the clay bird at varing heights and angles. If you shoot with a team mate it can throw 20 or so birds in 40 seconds. Will you shoot a round with me?

Man-o-man I would like to try it, but I'll be tied up at the California State shoot. 20 birds in 40 seconds could keep a couple of guys with double guns busy! My SKB might be up to it, not sure about me though. Have to look into that locally.

Goatneck,

Texas Clay Bird State Championship ... dont sound rite.....

We need a catchy Name, Like the.... "Wobblin' Texas Prairie Chicken Champeenship" .... 'r sumpin'

Come on Folks We Need a Good Name !!!!

Man-o-man I would like to try it, but I'll be tied up at the California State shoot. 20 birds in 40 seconds could keep a couple of guys with double guns busy! My SKB might be up to it, not sure about me though. Have to look into that locally.

Actually it throws 20 birds in about 35 seconds, watching many shoot shotguns at "The Raid", you guys should love this game....

Sounds like fun to me! Count me in Goatneck.

Ghost

Cool! I'm in! +1 on "wobblin prairie chicken'

I spoke w/ Colorado Jackson (since it's his machine) and he seems to like "Wobblin' Prairie Chicken" too......

So that has the lead.... Any other Suggestions?

I spoke w/ Colorado Jackson (since it's his machine) and he seems to like "Wobblin' Prairie Chicken" too......

So that has the lead.... Any other Suggestions?

Since they are smaller like quail and CJ likes Bourbon... "Drunk Quail Shoot" !??!

Actually, the game you are referring to is a sporting clays format called a "FLUSH". WOBBLE TRAP is shot on a standard trap field with one trap that throws one target at a time on the shooters' call. The trap ossicilates right and left and up and down at the same time and the angles are wider and the target speed faster than American trap. The shooter gets two shots to break the target. Wobble trap is shot from the seventeen yard line.

Gunstock Smith

(a trapshooter for 52 years)

Actually, the game you are referring to is a sporting clays format called a "FLUSH". WOBBLE TRAP is shot on a standard trap field with one trap that throws one target at a time on the shooters' call. The trap ossicilates right and left and up and down at the same time and the angles are wider and the target speed faster than American trap. The shooter gets two shots to break the target. Wobble trap is shot from the seventeen yard line.

Gunstock Smith

(a trapshooter for 52 years)

One bird and TWO shots????? Must be a Yankee game. Oughta be two birds and one shot, now that's shooting!

Yep, this is going to be fun. We are going to do this to help raise money for the SASS Scholorship and Chapel Funds. Im bringing extra ammo so I can shoot this a bunch. This will be done on Thursday during side matches.

Speaking of side matches, we will have Plainsman that morning and Wild Bunch that afternoon so people can shoot both.

This year for speed matches we will shoot what is known as "Declaration". You can shoot all you want, but once your ready, you will "declare" to the TO that your ready to go (before you shoot)....good luck

Side match awards will be on the range Friday night in conjunction with a pot luck supper, so bring your best dish or dishes.

Lunches will be served on the range Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Shooters get two free lunches and Saturday night dinner.

Lots of door prizes are coming in. This year 1 lucky shooter will go home with a Rugged Gear Gun Cart. All shooters names will go in the drawing.

Anvil Al has donated an awesome belt buckle that will be given to one of the lucky shooters who shoot the match clean. Everyone who shoots clean gets their name in the drawing along with getting a nice lapel pin.

Goatneck Clem, would you be so kind as to explain the story of the Goatneck for all our friends.

Don't forget, if you have not signed up, it's NOT to late, so send in the entries.

Look for more updates soon.....

Two Gun Johnnie

Maybe CJ will chime in here...

But as I understand this, it's a 2-man or woman team.

The team will stand up on a tower above the trailer and 20 birds will be released one at a time at 1.5 second intervals,

the birds are released in random directions, so the shooter will have to adjust on the fly.

The first shooter will engage the first two targets then

the second shooter will engage the next two while the first shooter is reloading

and you keep switching till all 20 are throw and (hopefully) hit.

Each shooter will shoot at 10 birds...

20 birds total for the Team and its all over in 30 seconds.

Should be Fast & Furious !!

Do it as many times as you want (or have shells for).....

We'll be taking the trailer out to LSFSC to try it out and work out any kinks, the 2nd weekend of this month... 14th & 15th

Yes, same weekend as Jailbreak.

So if you're not going to Jailbreak come out to LSFSC that weekend w/ plenty of shotgun shells.... B)

One bird and TWO shots????? Must be a Yankee game. Oughta be two birds and one shot, now that's shooting!

The way we are going to set this up, it will be a two man team event, each shooter will start with ten shells, when the first shooter calls "pull" the machine will start throwing non stop for twenty birds, the first shooter will shoot one time each at the first two targets, and while he is reloading 2 shells the other shooter will shoot at two targets, this goes back and forth for twenty birds which takes about 35 seconds. Only have to call pull once then the mayhem starts, it is very fast and alot of fun and extremely addicting. It should be great fun with Cowboy guns. I would suggest using regular target loads instead of the featherlites. I thought about this after seeing the side matches at Ft Parker, should be tons of fun, bring lots of shells.

P.S. Goody you might want to borrow someones 8ga. gun to give you a better oppertunity to actually hit one of the targets...Sam said you might need the help

You're Rite CJ... Goody will need all the help he can get !

You're Rite CJ... Goody will need all the help he can get !

If that don't beat all. Here I take you out, learn to shoot skeet. learn you to shoot 5 stand, learn you to shoot Sporting Clays. Show you wife what shotgun you would really like for Christmas. And for what? So's you can get on here and talk behind mt back. I am depressed.

Hey Goody, You shoot with me as a team and we show'em. I'll back you all the way........ and we will take on all the teams. Now we can't get to excited and fall off the trailer. The shooting platform is a good ways off the ground. What do you think.

Hey Goody, You shoot with me as a team and we show'em. I'll back you all the way........ and we will take on all the teams. Now we can't get to excited and fall off the trailer. The shooting platform is a good ways off the ground. What do you think.

goatneck this could also be called "assault of the 21's"

dusty

dusty

Dusty You read my mind......think anybody knows what we are talking about

Goatneck

dusty

If it's the same "21's" we assaulted the SC range with at WR it will be a very wild time! :lol:

I'm game. but I'm skeered of heights. Will you hold me Daddy?

Goody & Goatneck on a Team.... This is gonna be too Easy..........

CJ & Me will put a Bad Whuppin' on the two a you guyz....

Heck, Bear could most likely beat You Two singlehanded...... :P

Dont worry Goody, You wont have to take yer air sickness pills, we'll let you stand on the ground.

All I have to do is Finnish getting' ready. Gotta make some of the famous stuffed peppers,then I'm ready...

Ellie Gant is shooting Classic now. She needs a lightweight shotgun with hammers. If you have one or know of one please let us know....Thanks

Lone Dog

Bingo.......you guessed it. Now you get to buy the first round of drinks at the State. Its great to be a Winner.

Goatneck

Lone Dog

Bingo.......you guessed it. Now you get to buy the first round of drinks at the State. Its great to be a Winner.

Goatneck

Darn, I wuz hopin' it would be a flock of 21 yr old Hooters Girls..............

Darn, I wuz hopin' it would be a flock of 21 yr old Hooters Girls..............

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't see any around there while I was camped there. :D

I did look into Wobble Trap out here, no machine around here... I looked into the cost of one online and it looks like there won't be one in the foreseeable future.

Have fun!

Have ya got a pardner yet?

Have ya got a pardner yet?

NO... if we're going to partner then we'll have to do something about Goatneck and Dusty shooting long barrel Win 21's. GAMERS!

Archived