SASS Wire Forum

Miakka Misfits The Reckoning at Turtle Flats

I would like to thank all of the shooters who came out this weekend and supported our match, We do this every year for all of you. The smiles on all of the faces that I saw showed that our team did it's job well again this year. I would also like to thank all of the volunteers who came out to the work days, set up days, got us new steel, and anything else that was needed to make this match a success. It has been a privilege to be the Match Director / TG for this club again this year and it never ceases to amaze me what a small handful of dedicated cowboys and cowgirls can achieve by working hard together.

Congratulations to Arcadia Outlaw our overall match winner and to Pistol Packin' Peanut (My Daughter :D ) as the Ladies overall champion! A big congratulations to all of the other category winners as well!

Well That's about all, I think I need about A week's rest to recover.

And if you are in the area next year come on down to one of the best little one day matches in Florida!

Deadlee Headlee

TG / Match Director Miakka Misfits

Yep this was a really good match ,fun stages with a nice mix of different things thrown at you,with a good amount of movement.

Instead of having speed rifle,pistol ,shotgun they had a shoot off set up for challenges alot of fun & a good warm up before match.

The food was great !

Really nice awards.

I had a great time. AO

I just wanted to say Thank you to all of the shooters that came out to shoot with us, also a BIG THANKS to all who helped out getting this event together! We had a great time and I'm excited for next year- if anybody still wants a shirt ,let me know we can order you one.

Thanks Serving Justice

Yup, had a good time and lernt another lesson,,duh,,,,

Shot SG, all's well, wint to pistols, pull both as usual, first one goes click, hmmm go ahead and continue,,ok,,get to 10th round, another click,,hmmm cock them both pull right trigger bang, cool....holster and take off tu rifle,,,feel left gun still cocked, hmmm decock it,,,hmmm shi....., stop tu tha amazement of all, SDQ, and pick up rifle an sg,,,,,...duh!

Still had a great time,,,,good food, good stages, great folk, great weather,,,great fun!

Cheyenne, pull the trigger dummy, Culpepper

Yup, a good match for sure, though I knew it would be after the rave reviews from last year.

Great job by Deadlee, Serving Justice, John E Law, Ima and the whole crew. Really good stages. Thanks y'all.

Hey Outlaw, I think the coconut water there at the end put you over the top. Congrats!!!

:lol:

And a big thanks to Sagebrush Kid for running our posse. Have a safe trip home (by way of Texas).

A really fun match and thanks to you all at Miakka for a great time. Stages had movement, targets were big and close, and even had a breeze! I could see the targets near all day.... :wub:

Food was great and really like your little pavilion where we could all relax ( and the coffee was really good out of that Keurig). See you all down the trail.

Thanks to all of the folks at Miakka for your hard work and dedication to the shooter. It really showed in this match. The stages were well thought out and alot of fun to shoot. Those new targets REALLY RING. The side matches, main match, door prizes, stages, awards and food were all top notch.

Congrats to Outlaw and Peanut for top overall, posse 3 rocked.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Sun

Well I may be a little biased, but I think The Miakka Misfits Annual is one of the best shoots. We may be small, but we host one he!! of a fun match. The challange Matches were great, the stages were fun and full of different sweeps and movement, there were really nice trophys, and the Food was Awesome yet again! For those who missed it this year you should really put this one on your calendar for next year as it will only get bigger and better.

Thanks to everyone who put in the time to help us put on this match and a big thanks to everyone who attended. We hope to have each and every one back again next year plus a bunch more.

Congrats to Arcadia Outlaw and Pistol Packing Peanut for Winning Top Guns!

John E. "Fingers" Law

Update:

I have updated the scores page and they are all posted. Also check our web page soon as we will have links to plenty of match pictures too!

Miakka Misfits

I had a great time, great match. My first big match as and RO I hope I did the club the proud. Had a great posse with good Cowboys and Cowgirls pards. I was glad to help with what I could since my job has taken away half my shooting. Great food, (italian) those BBQ's do get abit old. Thank you Cheyenne Culpepper and all the others for helping with the Posse also. Miakka is one of my favorite and considered my home club. This year I even finished all stages standing and got the 1st place Deulist catagory. The Shootoff or man on man is and always my favorite and the best way to warm up before the match, I like it better then any speed pistol, shotgun or rifle I ever done at any match. Looking forward to getting back there every chance I can for the monthly matches.The awards were really nice too.

This match was awesome period. The man on man was a blast, especially since it gave everyone an opportunity to be in shoot-off. I saw acouple of grudge matches going on.

The match commitee did a great job with some sponsorship. There were enough door prizes, that I thought we would never get to the awards.

I also wanted thank posse 3 for making my job as the Posse Leader an easy one.

The Deadlee's, Fingers Law, Ima Pettifogger (also Laws Little Outlaw) and Serving Justice and many others did a bang clang job.

I will be back from Maryland again for this one.

Thank you Miakka Misfits for an excellent match.

One of my best last minute decisions. Glad I ran into Deadlee at Doodlehill !

The stages were some of the best I have seen anywhere; challenging, but straight forward, with no procedural traps.

Talk about steel that RINGS !

Excellent food, and awards are beautiful.

You guys deserve a real heap of credit !

Thanks again for a very memorable day !

Eusta

I had a great time at the match, even though Posse 3 had a yankee from Maryland running things ;) . The challenge matches prior to the main match were a lot of fun!

Things that I learned at the match:

1. If you want to see a lot of misses on big and close targets, have a man-on-man challenge with no spotters. :lol:

2. Italian food sure is good after a long day of Cowboy shootin'.

3. Lightning rifles can actually work. I was well ahead when I reached my rifle in a challenge match with Peanut, and she walked me down like she was shooting an Uzi. :o

4. Eusta B.Fast needs to lose the Eusta.

5. John E. Law needs to wear a thimble on his trigger finger when he shoots his rifle.

6. Picasso can shoot... although he needs to work on his cowboy duds.

7. The Miakka Misfits win the award for the loudest steel. RINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

8. The Miakka Misfits put on one heck of a good match!

I had a great time at the match, even though Posse 3 had a yankee from Maryland running things ;) . The challenge matches prior to the main match were a lot of fun!

Things that I learned at the match:

1. If you want to see a lot of misses on big and close targets, have a man-on-man challenge with no spotters. :lol:

2. Italian food sure is good after a long day of Cowboy shootin'.

3. Lightning rifles can actually work. I was well ahead when I reached my rifle in a challenge match with Peanut, and she walked me down like she was shooting an Uzi. :o

4. Eusta B.Fast needs to lose the Eusta.

5. John E. Law needs to wear a thimble on his trigger finger when he shoots his rifle.

6. Picasso can shoot... although he needs to work on his cowboy duds.

7. The Miakka Misfits win the award for the loudest steel. RINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

8. The Miakka Misfits put on one heck of a good match!

Well said Frank and all true. Just a few more observations...

I always knew Eusta B. was fast. I gotta ask, was that really Eusta? Not only was he fast, but he only had 1 miss. Also have to add that his wife Pat, deserves a "Cowboy/Girl Way" award. Not even shooting, yet picking up brass for virtually every shooter on our posse. Pat, you get a big YEEHAA from me.

- I need to make an investment in whatever brand of bandaids that John E. uses.

- Whenever Peanut wants to make that Lightning sing, I'm not sure which one sings faster - an Uzi or the Lightning.

- It was good to see that no good, varmit yankee Sagebrush again. That's twice this year.

- Not only can Arcadia Outlaw knock of some quick stages, that boy can put away some food quick too.

- Frank can shoot pistols and rifle pretty fast.......now, about that shotgun....

Sun

Well said Frank and all true. Just a few more observations...

- Frank can shoot pistols and rifle pretty fast.......now, about that shotgun....

Sun

Yeah, yeah... At least I know what I need to work on. :blush:

And I will second the big props for Pat who picked brass the entire match. This is the second straight week that I was lucky enough to have her on my posse. It is an incredible help to have someone picking brass; especially when it was so hot out there! Thank you!

Thanks to all at Miakka Misfits for a wonderful match, the stages were excellent. I really enjoyed the movement.

This year my wife and I tried the Man on Man, and I rely liked it, great warm up for the match. Great food and awesome awards.

Looking forward to next year.

Bronco man

The wife and I would like to thank John E Law and Ima Pettifogger for furnishing the entertainment !

We sure enjoyed watching that little cowboy of yours all day long !

Yeah "Law's Little Outlaw" had a really good time. He was either napping or smiling for most of the match. I don't want to rush it, but I can't wait until he can shoot! :wub:

Next year we'll have 2 little cowboys running around the annual. Buckshot Frank and Sassafrass Cass will have their new one by then.

He still needs an alias though. Going with their alias/real name theme I say "Sixgun Slade"!

You just gotta love those little ones,

JEL

Archived