SASS Wire Forum

Info on Self Publishing on Kindel Books Please

I've got a couple of books I've written that I am thinking of self publishing on Kindle. If you have had any experience with this I'd like some advise. Pros and cons welcome as well as any advise you might have.

Thanks

Bugs

It's actually relatively easy. I've got all three of my books set up for Kindle, and I did it myself. Here's the link to everything you always wanted to know about publishing your book on Kindle, but were afraid to ask...

Kindle Direct Publishing

I would suggest that you start at the top of the link list and work your way down. It'll take some reading, but it'll be worth it. You'll also need to set up an account with Amazon if you don't already have one. The cool part of the whole thing is that once the book is set up, you just have to sit back and let Amazon throw money at you, a little at a time. Since you're going into this as a total unknown, just be careful that you don't set the price too high.

Good luck!

It's actually relatively easy. I've got all three of my books set up for Kindle, and I did it myself. Here's the link to everything you always wanted to know about publishing your book on Kindle, but were afraid to ask...

Kindle Direct Publishing

I would suggest that you start at the top of the link list and work your way down. It'll take some reading, but it'll be worth it. You'll also need to set up an account with Amazon if you don't already have one. The cool part of the whole thing is that once the book is set up, you just have to sit back and let Amazon throw money at you, a little at a time. Since you're going into this as a total unknown, just be careful that you don't set the price too high.

Good luck!

Thank you sir, I assume your experience has been positive.

Bugs

Thank you sir, I assume your experience has been positive.

Bugs

You are most welcome. My experience has been most positive. In fact, I was surprised at just how many copies of even the books that have been around the longest have sold. They've been Kindle books for just over a year, and there hasn't been a month go by without at least one sale.

How do you market a new, unknown book?

I have a website, Sisley Creek Press, set up with excerpts, etc. Once I get a pic of the cover, that sort of thing, on the website, I post links on the Wire, etc. and all of the other forum sites that I hang out on. I also have a Facebook page set up for my company, and post about my books on there and on my personal page. On top of those, I have a pretty good following locally, too, so word of mouth does a lot of advertising for me. Oh yeah, and I send press releases to the local papers whenever something new happens re. my books.

I self-published my book and my gun cart plans at www.lulu.com

It is FREE, you can do e-books or printed books. Books are printed and shipped fast, usually within a week.

You also get a "storefront" to sell your work.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=271595

Here's another one; If you self publish, does that mean that a mainstream publisher won't look at your book?

Actually, publishers search the self-publishing sites for new authors. After about 2 years Skyhorse publishing picked up my book.

Archived