SASS Wire Forum

got my Jimmy Spur skb today

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Just picked up my SKB from Jimmy today,,,,sliiiiiiiiiiiiiick! even the out of state transfer went off without a hitch, the gun shop down here said it was the first transfer that they had done without a wait put on it from the feds.

ran sum dummy rounds thru it, nice!

Was always a stoeger guy,, and I still appreciate a stoeger for what they are and can do, but I really appreciate a fine firearm....which the Ithaca SKB is.

Now just to get used to the skb, single trigger and all....

Cheyenne

Now just to get used to the skb, single trigger and all....

Cheyenne

First few stages suuuuuure are frustraiting after firing the first barrel and then searcing all over God's green Earth for that second trigger. :lol:

Just imagine:

A double barrel shotgun with one trigger and no hammers!

What is the world coming to?

Next thing you know somebody will invent a gun that cocks itself.

It just ain't right, I tell ya.:excl:

Waimea (simply appalled)

:FlagAm:

It sure was fun watching Korupt Karl shooting a stoeger and seeing how hard he was trying tu pull the fitst trigger tha second time, on a tw trigger stoeger....hehehe...."hey what's wrong with this?????????" "Pull the OTHER trigger dummy!" "OH....", boom....

I've been known tu luk fer the secund triggur wen tryun out a single.....mysef....

cheyenne

Hi Cheyene

Did you get a 100 or 200E i bought a 200E from Jimmy last year and it is sweet, took me a couple of matches to get use to it had to remember to keep it tight on m y shoulder as the second barrell would not cock but fter that it was okay.

Love it.

Conn Yankee

Congrats. I have a "dirt" gun...I dont think you will have any trouble getting used to the trigger..thats the beauty of it..the insanely quick shotgun split times and the less data space being occupied in shotgun instruction after the 40 point IQ loss that occurs when the timer goes off.

Please allow me to give you a couple of tips that may or may not apply to your gun but I learned the hard way.

1. some guns can be sensitive to the second shot reset particually in light BP loads..always tight against the shoulder helps..not a good gun for outlaw. for instance BP recoil is softer and less of a jerk..so 50 grains of 1F won't reset...50 grains of 2f..no problem as is just about any smokeless load with my gun as an example.

2. If the second barrel ever fails to reset..just like any double..dump both and reload..dont waste time under the clock trying to bump the stock and/or diagnose what is happening and such to reset the sear.

3. Mine has a barrel selector..it's real cool to KNOW which barrel fires first

4. Most Important tip here..I will not speak for Mr. Spurs but I am now very careful to NEVER get oil into the action. It will gum up with funk in a dirty enviroment like say EOT and ruin your day.. If my gun even thinks about being stupid I disassemble the stock and clean the action with brake cleaner and run dry..spraying oil into the firing pins hole is a recipe for disaster. Oh and I dry fire and set it up in safe closed so the sears are not sprung while it is sitting long term.

Im not trying to be a internet guru here..just the view from my saddle after I was told all of these things and I didn't listen...and as always, I had to learn the hard way.

I love my SKB so much I would go back to a hammer and shoot classic cowboy before I would go back to the double trigger. Have fun. One of my best purchases. I hope it is for you.

Congrats. I have a "dirt" gun...I dont think you will have any trouble getting used to the trigger..thats the beauty of it..the insanely quick shotgun split times and the less data space being occupied in shotgun instruction after the 40 point IQ loss that occurs when the timer goes off.

Please allow me to give you a couple of tips that may or may not apply to your gun but I learned the hard way.

1. some guns can be sensitive to the second shot reset particually in light BP loads..always tight against the shoulder helps..not a good gun for outlaw. for instance BP recoil is softer and less of a jerk..so 50 grains of 1F won't reset...50 grains of 2f..no problem as is just about any smokeless load with my gun as an example.

2. If the second barrel ever fails to reset..just like any double..dump both and reload..dont waste time under the clock trying to bump the stock and/or diagnose what is happening and such to reset the sear.

3. Mine has a barrel selector..it's real cool to KNOW which barrel fires first

4. Most Important tip here..I will not speak for Mr. Spurs but I am now very careful to NEVER get oil into the action. It will gum up with funk in a dirty enviroment like say EOT and ruin your day.. If my gun even thinks about being stupid I disassemble the stock and clean the action with brake cleaner and run dry..spraying oil into the firing pins hole is a recipe for disaster. Oh and I dry fire and set it up in safe closed so the sears are not sprung while it is sitting long term.

Im not trying to be a internet guru here..just the view from my saddle after I was told all of these things and I didn't listen...and as always, I had to learn the hard way.

I love my SKB so much I would go back to a hammer and shoot classic cowboy before I would go back to the double trigger. Have fun. One of my best purchases. I hope it is for you.

SKBs can be set to shoot lighter loads with ease. I have all our SKBs set up that way-just some trimming on the inertia springs. Each of these guns switches to the second trigger using my wife's Featherlights just holding the gun at my waist without having it against my shoulder.

Howdy Cheyenne

Was talking to AJ a week ago and he said he saw you and Karl a couple of weeks ago,which brought us around to talking about how Stinkin Hot it was at GOA 10 when we were all neighbors.

Congrats on the new Jimmy Spurs Special,I got a chance to try one he did Sweet. Adios Sgt. Jake

I know that I'm jealous, you got all the good stuff! I'm sure that it will be swell!!!

Archived