SASS Wire Forum

CAS guns for sale - others too

No kidding! From now on, I will insert a caveat that prices may change with market values over the years!

OK, gents, I've located all three of the firearms, and they seem to be in more or less the same condition as when I originally listed them here nearly 2 1/2 years ago. :P

Missouri Marshal - the 625 HAS been shot a very few times over the past 2 1/2 years by prospective buyers, so if you feel an adjustment is in order after seeing it, don't hesitate to contact me.

Charlie, you are aware the M1 is a Universal, right? I'll be at the range with the .357 brass and the rifle Saturday, and you can take a closer look at it.

"Charlie, you are aware the M1 is a Universal, right? I'll be at the range with the .357 brass and the rifle Saturday, and you can take a closer look at it."

Yes,is that a down side? A lot of different companies made the carbines. Underwood, IH, Rockola, Inland and a bunch more. Universal made or I should say assembled theirs from surplus parts. Does it work ok? If so, I'm still interested. I have an original Winchester carbine that's had a total of 20 rounds put through it.

Universals have some different parts than the war-era USGI contracted carbines. The biggest design difference is they use two smaller recoil springs instead of one larger one. I've replaced the original springs with Wolff springs in this one. All I ever put through this one was some crappy lacquered Wolf ammo, and there were some failures to feed. If you have some decent .30 Carbine ammo, bring it along and try it out.

Archived