SASS Wire Forum

1892 question

atascocita slim in texas

Just bought a beautiful winchester 1892 in 45 colt. It is a deluxe limited series (1 of 501, 1 of 251 in this caliber) take down model, 20" hex barrel. The rifle looks un fired and is in mint condition.It was made in Japan. My question is this, do I slick it up and use it or sell it and make a profit. I already have a rossi stainless 92 that I have slicked and shoots like a dream. Thanks for you input. Slim.

I don't think that anyone can answer that question for you. If you need money, sell it. If you don't collect guns and are not going to use it, sell it. I don't collect guns even though I've come into some nice collector guns over the years. That included a first year production Colt 1873, and some other early guns. I sold all of them and used the money for something that I wanted and would use. At this point in my life, I just don't have the time, desire, need to keep/add anything more to a already over crowded life and home. I keep some "Family" stuff and a few special items, but that's it.

Snakebite

Archived