SASS Wire Forum

Could have gone nuts at the auction yesterday

Iron Pony

Sure was a ton of neat stuff going under the gavel yesterday at Amoskeag Acutions, fair number of cowboy shooters there as well. I wont refer to any of them by name, dont want to get them in trouble at home. Sat on my hands several times and followed my limits at others. Came away with one addition to the collection in my favorite non-cowboy caliber, another 10mm piece of tactical tupperware that might have to make a trip to the range today.

Some real good buys were to be had, seemed like the historic stuff went low while some of the new stuff went high. As always it was educational and fun.

I was at the same auction with Pony and a few other cowboy shooters and ended up behaving myself by only acquiring another shooter grade Colt 1903 Hammerless in .32 ACP. The prices for the guns that I thought were going to go cheap went for much more then I expected.

A number of used "black" rifles went for hundreds more then a functionally equivalent good quality copy would new.

Course I still have some low ball bids waiting on the silent auction results later this week to see what the final damage is.

Sir, I commend you on your will power, determination and self control......................................................................but................................., why? :unsure: :unsure:

Why hold back?:wacko: .

I was mostly looking for bargains to fill a niche "want", I wasn't going to pay a lot of money for a gun that was only going to get taken out once a year or so.

Chantry I took the glock aprt yesterday and would be willing to bet good money its unfired. That kind of makes up for the 10 round magazines I'll have to replace at somepoint. Probably get it to the range on Wed to put it on paper.

I wanted to go but couldn't get away.

How do they handle NIC checks at auctions like this. I know long guns and shotguns can be bought over state lines, but how are handguns handled?

Chantry I took the glock aprt yesterday and would be willing to bet good money its unfired. That kind of makes up for the 10 round magazines I'll have to replace at somepoint. Probably get it to the range on Wed to put it on paper.

You got a bargain. With a little luck I'll have the Colt by the weekend.

I wanted to go but couldn't get away.

How do they handle NIC checks at auctions like this. I know long guns and shotguns can be bought over state lines, but how are handguns handled?

Amoskeag has an FFL so for long guns, you pay them, fill out the paperwork and wait for the background check to get done while you are there. Handguns have to go through an FFL in your state. In both cases for me they did not charge extra for shipping. I am pretty sure that if you are in the same UPS shipping zone as they are, they do not charge extra for shipping on live auction firearms.

Roy another of our pards from MA has a C&R license, he can purchase and pick up all at the same time, no NICs or anything. If thats your area of interest then maybe it'd be worth the process.

Archived