SASS Wire Forum

Just When Things Were Looking Up!

Bama Red

Buck, this absolutely flared up outta the blue! In three days, I went from a minor pain in the upper chestto full blown acute pericarditis!

Not only that, but the Doc ain't sure what caused it. dry.gif

Top three causes are neoplastic, autoimmune, and viral.

Okie, Doc's seat of the pants diagnosis is that the cause is most likely viral.

Unfortunately, that's a very, very real possibility. I'll talk that over with him tomorrow prior to the procedure.

Unfortunately, that's a very, very real possibility. I'll talk that over with him tomorrow prior to the procedure.

I'm sure they'll do microscopics on the pericardial fluid, as well as cultures. They can tell from a gram stain under the microscope if they need to worry about bacterial infection.

Thanks a lot for all the info, Okie.

The nurse just popped her head in and said that they would be coming to get me any minute now.

Funny, the image of guys in white coats carrying straight jackets and butterfly nets comes to mind. They wouldn't be doing that to me would they? Would they?

Nah, must just be the morphine again.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!! :D

I got to watch the whole procedure on the monitor. The cardiologist pulled 700 Ml's (cc's?) out of the pericardial sac. To me, it just looked like blood - thick and dark red :blink: . It went off to the lab for all kinds o' tests and such. Tomorrow I'll get another ultrasound to make sure it hasn't started filling up again and then maybe get to go home. :wub:

Hi Red, hope the worst is over by now.

Put one of your new hats on while you are still in the hospital bed. It will ensure the nurses keep a close watch on you!

Have a speedy recovery Pard!!

Bama, I know you got a gun with you.

Don't shoot the Docs!

Keep your hands off the nurses!!

Get well soon!!!

More prayers goin' up fer ya pal!!!!

God bless,

Birdgun

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!! :D

I got to watch the whole procedure on the monitor. The cardiologist pulled 700 Ml's (cc's?) out of the pericardial sac. To me, it just looked like blood - thick and dark red :blink: . It went off to the lab for all kinds o' tests and such. Tomorrow I'll get another ultrasound to make sure it hasn't started filling up again and then maybe get to go home. :wub:

Ok . . . yu've survied so far . . . keep hoping for the best. Prayers Up. :)

OK, Pards and Pardettes, I am here.

Looks like all the prayers and good wishes have done their intended task and I am going home later today. Either that or they were afraid Lickskillet Charlie and the Ugly Bunch were gonna come back again tonight!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They ran me thru another echocardiogram this morning to make sure they got all the fluid and the heart was working as it is s'posed to and then the heart doc said "Git!"

I oughta be outta here in a couple o' hours and headed back to the lovely state of Tennessee! :)

J. Mark, Lickskillet Charlie was unable to get the party favors to come along with him. Something about "No pay, no play" or something like that! :o:lol::D

Archived