SASS Wire Forum

A video that I cannot post....

Just saw a video of a Muslim mob desecrating our WWII gravesites in Libya. Needless to say I am trying to hold back some feelings I have right now...

....I think about the world my daughter has to grow up in and just shake my head...and pray.

As an aside, We are TRULY blessed to live in this great nation and actually ENJOY the life that the Almightly has given us.

There is a distinction between us and them - I have firmly come to the realization that will never change and fight will continue indefinately....

G (depressed)G ~ :FlagAm:

It is a fight not of economic wants but of religious indoctrination. To be honest most of those people can't read and really have no idea what is really in the Koran. They only go off of what the "educated" people tell them. They blindly follow and believe with all their hearts that they are doing the right thing. That cannot be beaten. The only way is to educate or destroy them, and they're refusing the prior. This will only continue as long as their are people on opposing sides. But I do agree with you, We are blessed to be in country that allows us to be educated and have the freedom to live our lives. I pity these people for their plight, but I cannot pity their stupidity and would gladly drop a nuke on their @sses to end the fight.

I agree, we should sit idlely by and allow them under the mantle of cultural diversity to slowly destroy our country.

Won't happen? Look at France and where they are now.

"Destroy them"? I think not. Nor ought we to "drop a nuke" on the Libyans' "as$es".

People with that line of thinking got us where we are today. Buncha dang wimps. Kill em all and let God sort em out!!!

Gunner it makes me sick, just like it does you. The only thing that gives me hope for my daughter (and yours) is the youth in countries like Iran and Syria are continually finding ways to get information from outside sources(non govt. approved)and it is changing the way that they think and act. It might take a generation or two to truly change but you can see the seeds of unrest in the youth all around that part of the world. Unfortunately for them they will have one heck of a fight with the Hardline controlling parties currently in power.

I just believe that for there to be a clear victory for us, we would have to fight them on their own terms. They won't stop until there isn't a scrap of our way left. Total domination or annihilation is what their aiming for. For an enemy like that the only clear way to win is to destroy their will to fight. A massive show of force. We did that in WWII and brought a war to it's end. While I wish for peaceful solution, I know that for a CLEAR victory we must remove their will. Without the will to continue they will surrender. It's like having a bully at school, you don't want trouble but they do. The only way to stop them is to beat the tar out of them. Remove the will to fight and the fight will stop.

It is noble to be the bigger man and try to help them. But sometimes that costs more lives than what it is worth.

Gunner it makes me sick, just like it does you. The only thing that gives me hope for my daughter (and yours) is the youth in countries like Iran and Syria are continually finding ways to get information from outside sources(non govt. approved)and it is changing the way that they think and act. It might take a generation or two to truly change but you can see the seeds of unrest in the youth all around that part of the world. Unfortunately for them they will have one heck of a fight with the Hardline controlling parties currently in power.

Thanks pard....didn't think about that. Emotion just kinda set in quicker than the thought process for me (happens alot :rolleyes: )

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Wars are not won by the better man with a pen; wars are won by killing every sonofa***** that stands against you.

Unfortunately, the United States seems to have laws illegalizing its own sovereignty.

Don't know how much we send in foreign aid but I bets its enough to move the remains of those American soldiers back home.

Yup - bring 'em home...

Here's the story from two different sources ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106230/Insult-WWII-heroes-Graves-British-soldiers-smashed-desecrated-Libyan-Islamists-protest-U-S-soldiers-Koran-burning.html

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/libyan-mob-desecrates-christian-and-jewish-wwii-tombstones-apparently-over-koran-burning/

The idea that you can negotiate with these people is as stupid as thinking you can negotiate with the rats in your barn to not eat your grain.

Yup - bring 'em home...

Britain’s Mail on Sunday newsapaper, which reported the attacks on its front page on Sunday, said many of the graves cemetery belong to members of Britain’s 7th Armoured Division, known as the Desert Rats, who played a crucial role in the battle for control of Libya and Egypt between 1941 and 1943.

It said the Commonwealth graves there included servicemen from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and India.

Mostly not Americans. It still chaps my hide to see these animals acting like this to any ones grave. If I was there, I'd line them up

and ......well, you figure it out. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Britain’s Mail on Sunday newsapaper, which reported the attacks on its front page on Sunday, said many of the graves cemetery belong to members of Britain’s 7th Armoured Division, known as the Desert Rats, who played a crucial role in the battle for control of Libya and Egypt between 1941 and 1943.

It said the Commonwealth graves there included servicemen from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and India.

Mostly not Americans. I still chaps my hide to see these animals acting like this to any ones grave. If I was there, I'd line them up

and ......well, you figure it out. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Even one American's grave upset is an issue for me. I hope those countries who's service members are buried there bring them home too.

Who are we talking about here? A "massive show of force" against the Libyans?

Seems this enemy has no borders...they are everywhere....:huh:

Well spoken Casey.

Infuriating. But worse has been done than this unfortunately.

As fantasy league CinC I'd wait to be sure I got the right hombres in the sights before recommending a carpet bombing campaign.

Talk about "these people" is reactionary and counter productive. If it were only as simple as that...but it's not.

Disgusting acts for sure carried out by extremists. Extremism always causes problems. And reaction to extremism sometimes causes more. Remember one Serbian extremist who popped off a couple of pistol rounds in 1914? The world still feels the effects of that.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Slowly... methodically... inexorably... the U.S.A.’s demonstration of capitalism... is spreading throughout the world. Look what has happened to Vietnam. Even China has capitulated into a hybrid form of capitalism. Capitalism is far from perfect... but capitalism is the best system thus-far devised by mortal man. Until we develop a better system... we need to pursue the best.

Freedom is infectious.

All we need to do... just be on constant guard... to preclude those among us from removing our freedoms...

And continue to show the world the wonderful bounties of our magnificent freedoms.

ts

Slowly... methodically... inexorably... the U.S.A.'s demonstration of capitalism... is spreading throughout the world. Look what has happened to Vietnam. Even China has capitulated into a hybrid form of capitalism. Capitalism is far from perfect... but capitalism is the best system thus-far devised by mortal man. Until we develop a better system... we need to pursue the best.

Freedom is infectious.

All we need to do... just be on constant guard... to preclude those among us from removing our freedoms...

And continue to show the world the wonderful bounties of our magnificent freedoms.

ts

Awesome! :)

Casey, we don't have a generation or two left.

Slowly... methodically... inexorably... the U.S.A.’s demonstration of capitalism... is spreading throughout the world. Look what has happened to Vietnam. Even China has capitulated into a hybrid form of capitalism. Capitalism is far from perfect... but capitalism is the best system thus-far devised by mortal man. Until we develop a better system... we need to pursue the best.

Freedom is infectious.

ts

Kinda like to see it spread back here again.

Capitalism combined with a free republic is a strong system. Russia, China, Vietnam and a few others are reaping the benefits of growing capitalism without a truly free society. Eventually this will cause problems for the ruling class when the people demand more than economic benfeits as it has in the Arab states.

That was way to close to a being a political post for me. :unsure:

I need a drink. :lol:

Now what was it that some American Marines IIRC were being accused of descecrating war dead by pissing on bodies?

If that is a war crime/ crime against humanity what is shown in the video is most certainly a crime against humanity.

On the flip side of all this is the thread that was titled "United Nations Speech" started by Ranger Clayton Conagher on 3/15/12.

Where an Iranian ambassador asked General Petreas about lack of muslims in Star Trek.

Both sides have instances of atrocities against each other in war. I guess the difference is that we put those who commit such acts on trial and punish accordingly. The enemy in this case promote this kinda thing. There's a difference...guess some don't see it.

GG

Who is the "enemy" we are talking about (a serious question, actually)?

T.S. is right on on this.

Read the news

but here's a primer for ya (specifically those that promote anti-US activities): http://www.cdi.org/t...rist-groups.cfm

Who is the "enemy" we are talking about (a serious question, actually)?

T.S. is right on on this.

This may shed some light

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid949801312001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACEco_Vk~,9bOat4XcfB_88ri1a3UMdKnLpH9aM8Fv&bclid=0&bctid=1271237687001

Both sides have instances of atrocities against each other in war. I guess the difference is that we put those who commit such acts on trial and punish accordingly. The enemy in this case promote this kinda thing. There's a difference...guess some don't see it.

GG

Correct. Atrocities committed by our side are not sanctioned nor excused by us. They on the other hand, commit atrocities not only against us but their own people and any one who they perceive as an enemy, either political, military, or religious. While the atrocities committed by these terrorist organizations may not be supported by many average Muslims, they are organized and supported by their internal hierarchy as well as governments such as Iran and N. Korea who supply and bankroll them. In their own twisted view, they do not even see them as atrocities but legitimate tactics.

UB

Have a couple on my tab , THANK YOU , for the tip on parts .

Got 3 on order , so there is an extra in the parts box :)

CB

You're welcome. Took me awhile to remember who was looking for scabbards. Hope they work out for ya.

Man, that's a lot of places for "a massive show of force"!

Kinda like trying to kill ants with a tack hammer. That's the problem.

Archived