SASS Wire Forum

Don't forget to bring extra ammo for the night shoot

Korupt Karl

http://www.cuttersraiders.com/PP/Stages/Stage01.htm This is stage one at Cutter's....the first of the three lighted stages for the BP shoot on May 11-13. When we shot the night shoot last year I saw veteran shooters smiling like they did on their first shoot. If you've never done it come try it.

Black Powder Guild of Indiana is the place to be.

KK

Hey Karl, the night shoot for me was not so much a competition as it was a glimpse into what a gunfight would have been like in an old West saloon (minus the return bullets). The building is probably real close to what a boom cow town saloon might have been and lights are dim like an oil lamp. When I got up to the line I channeled Hickok and on the beep I skinned both pistols, gunfighter style, full loads of Goex (the synthetics aren’t the same), and let loose! The fire balls and illuminated smoke was incredible; can you imagine the chaos of a gunfight in a saloon! Each shoot is like someone just took your pic with a flash and believe it or not the bullets make a spark when they hit the steel target. The shotgun going off is just awesome. Shooting real BP, in a cowboy atmosphere, after dark is something you got to try. :D

Spittoon

Hey Karl, the night shoot for me was not so much a competition as it was a glimpse into what a gunfight would have been like in an old West saloon (minus the return bullets). The building is probably real close to what a boom cow town saloon might have been and lights are dim like an oil lamp. When I got up to the line I channeled Hickok and on the beep I skinned both pistols, gunfighter style, full loads of Goex (the synthetics aren't the same), and let loose! The fire balls and illuminated smoke was incredible; can you imagine the chaos of a gunfight in a saloon! Each shoot is like someone just took your pic with a flash and believe it or not the bullets make a spark when they hit the steel target. The shotgun going off is just awesome. Shooting real BP, in a cowboy atmosphere, after dark is something you got to try. :D

Spittoon

But did you hit anything??

Waiting for my next 1,000 ..452 bullets to arrive. By the time I get those loaded I should be good to go. 44-40s already fill the shelf.

CR

But did you hit anything??

Waiting for my next 1,000 ..452 bullets to arrive. By the time I get those loaded I should be good to go. 44-40s already fill the shelf.

CR

I did hear some dings, but it may not have been from what I was aiming at!

Archived