SASS Wire Forum

Wow

Sad what money and greed will do to people.

Profession sports, in my opinion, have gone beyond entertainment, and into the gray world of

personal wealth and aggrandizement. Each and every one of those players take their pants down

in the outhouse just like you and me. I guess that in the matter of professional coaches and ball players, the outhouse might be a little grander, but it probably smells the same.

Pretty but totally lacking in class.

I think the bounty system sucks as well. It did not pay nearly enough. :blink::wacko:

...and I think that this type of behavior has been around for along time...

...the only reason coach had me on the basketball team was to go in ... oh well, that was a long time ago in a place far far away... <_<

If there was the promise of payment for causing injuries then all involved should be prosecuted for felony assault under the RICO act. They are nothing but thugs similar to Tonya Harding's bodyguard. I don't think a years suspension for Peyton is near enough punishment, deserves more like life in prison. Just my 2 cents.

The only beef I had was thet Wildcats's posters of Okie showed him in a ball cap. Outrageous!!

Badger, Okies being overly tacky. Can't you do something like in the Bible and sacrifice him or something? :)

Badger saw one of them Tarzan movies when he was a lad. They were sacrificing natives -- scared him so bad that he went home and hid under the bed for two days. Now whenever he hears the word 'sacrifice', back under the bed he goes. :blink::lol:

Badger saw one of them Tarzan movies when he was a lad. They were sacrificing natives -- scared him so bad that he went home and hid under the bed for two days. Now whenever he hears the word 'sacrifice', back under the bed he goes. :blink::lol:

...now that's funny!!!! :lol:

HEY! I got a stash of chips and beer under there. I don't need no steenkin sacrifice.

:rolleyes:

Besides, the last time we tried to get Okie on an alter for sacrifice, it collapsed.

They don't make stones like they used to.

HEY! I got a stash of chips and beer under there. I don't need no steenkin sacrifice.

:rolleyes:

Besides, the last time we tried to get Okie on an alter for sacrifice, it collapsed.

They don't make stones like they used to.

...iz Okie a candidate for weight watchers????

First of all I have been a Saints fan since the team was first formed.

Sean Peyton was not the man who thought up nor was he the person who made the payouts. He was how ever the head coach and when he learned of it he allowed it to go on. That is what is the prima facie evidence against him at this time.

We, who are sports addicts as I am hate it when this type of news comes out. If you think the Saints are the only team in football that has paid a bounty to knock out an opposing player then maybe it's best if you find another sport to follow.

You only have to look at the very sport we enjoy to find people who will do everything possible to become the best. We don't have money prizes per say but we do give away guns which may be converted to money. I'm not inferring that we have wide open cheating but I have seen a few of the go fast shooters who if checked for ammo performance at each match may be out in the cold as a result.

Look at the New England Patriots a few years back with the filming issue.

Baseball even had a World Series thrown for money. Sadly every sport has a black eye in it's history. We would like to see what we think is sportsmanship but the money for running second is way behind first.

Car owners in NASCAR have looked the other way when a crew chief does something that gives the car enough advantage to win but is outside the rule book.

So don't bash the Saints just to be on the band wagon.

It's very sad that all our sports, even little league baseball with fathers and coaches fighting in front of the kids has come to this.

A huge moral boost is needed by all.

Archived