SASS Wire Forum

Calling all North Dallas Area Shootists!

Come On Christmas

Do you get tired of having to clean up 4 guns after a shoot? or feel guilty cause you don't?

Come shoot sporting clays or 5 stand with me at Elm Fork shooting range on Wednesday Night! The sprang leagues be a forming!

I am off on Wednesday nights and don't have to worry about grading the little peckerwood's papers anymo cause I be retired from teaching. No more I be, you be, they bees for me. I bees totally chillin' nowadays.

Come shoot with a SASS legend! Tell the wife you are at Wednesday night church! Or this will prevent you from getting Lap Dances at a local gentleman's bar.

Okay, maybe I am not a legend, but I knows how to have fun and I am imfamous and the womens always flock to yours truly. I will let you enjoy my culls.

Your obedient servant,

Shameless Womanizer, Esquire

Me and Colorado Jackson may be interested in this. We shot the skeet league there last year about this time and they are not doing skeet league this season.

Sounds like a hoot to me. 50 shots. I am always free on Wednesday Nights. Tell them you want to team up with Tom Craven.

Here is the info they sent me and prolly sent you.

The only league this spring will be the Sporting Clays league.

There will be no Skeet or 5-stand league.

Sporting Clays will be held on

Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Start time is 6pm. SHARP!

5-Man teams will be shooting 50 birds.

Just like last year, there will be no team scores, just individual scores. Everyone will be classed within the league according to the first two weeks of the league.

Any NSCA Master Class or AA shooters will be automatically classed within the top class of the league.

League rules are posted below or can be found on www.elmfork.com.

Cost: $30 trophy/admin fee (One-time fee per league)

Cash ONLY!

Due the first day of league, or you don't get to

shoot. No Exceptions.

$22 per week (50 targets)

$5 Cart Rental (if needed)

To sign-up: Email leagues@elmfork.com

Include: Name

Email

Night you would like to shoot (Wed or Thurs)

Preferred teammates (if any-if not, no worries)

Shooting will start at 6pm on April 4th and 5th (depending on what night you choose to shoot).

If you have any questions, feel free to email leagues@elmfork.com

I find it quite funny that they say

"Cost: $30 trophy/admin fee (One-time fee per league)

Cash ONLY!

Due the first day of league, or you don't get to

shoot. No Exceptions.

Several years ago Silver Sam and I shot about 5 or 6 leagues in a row, some skeet and some 5 stand there. I guess over the course of 2 1/2 to 3 years. They were constantly having to fix throwers, load birds in the middle of matches. They would not turn the lights on until it was almost dark, giving you fits as the vapor lights came slowly on and the darkness deepened. Birds were kept in the bunkers that would flood in the rain, giving birds that had been soaked and dried out. They would not break consistantly. No two fields were alike, as the birds would seemingly find their own pace. Not easy for us beginners to try and learn to shoot skeet that way.

The last straw was when they ended the league early one year. Sam and I had paid for the entire year at the beginning of the season, only to be told that they couldn't refund our money, only apply to the next season. I offered to let them choke on my money and have never been back.

I hope ya'll have fun, but if it is the same family of yahoo's running the place I tend to doubt they have changed.

Yep, they are disorganized. I remember that from when we shot together before.

I backed out cause it is a substantial monetary and time commitment.

I asked when I could shoot sporting clays on the weekends. They said anytime. So I will check them out. I think this part of the range is fairly gnu.

I also have not shot sporting clays at the Alpine Range in Fort Worth. I will go check them out. I have some other fun places I like to frequent in Cowtown.

Besides, now I can go to Church on Wednesday night with the wifey.

Not so - Shameless

Archived