SASS Wire Forum

93/97 shotguns

Smokin Gator SASS #29736

First of all, I know that the 93/97 shotguns aren't legal for regular SASS events. But they are for Wild Bunch, correct? How do they rate compared to the later 97 copies? I had read in the past here that the later guns (IAC 97's) were better than some of the earlier versions. I've always used a double barrel in SASS and have only shot a 97 a couple of times. I know that the ejection port is different and bigger. How is the action and reliability compared to the same companies 97's. I've seen one around locally and was wondering. Did they make enough of them that certain prefix models are more desirable than others? thanks, Smokin Gator

I don't know if there are different series or if one is better than another, but my 93/97 is a good gun. I bought it at Big 5 several years ago for $240.00. I've shot it a lot, and it has never failed to feed, extract, or eject.

Gator,

They were the best of the chinese shotguns with a heavier and thicker frame than their 97 counterparts (the frame hits my left hand when racking that doesn't happen with my 97). I owned 4 at one time and still have 2. They are noticeably heavier than my chinese 97s.

Fillmore

Archived