SASS Wire Forum

MAY is just around the corner....are you Comin?

Korupt Karl

Cutter's Raiders, Paradise Pass will be hosting the KORUPTION IN PARADISE Black Powder Shoot on May 11, 12,and 13th. http://korruptkarl.com/

HERE ARE THE AWARDS: http://s796.photobuc...Ksbadges001.jpg

We will be having the night shoot again this year on Friday night. Everyone enjoyed it last year. Fri and Sat nite meals included, Griswold Breakfast on Sun.

May 11th, 2012 Friday: Side matches....Night shoot 3 stages....evening BBQ included.

May 12th, 2012 Sat: 6 main match.....evening meal included.

May 13th, 2012 Sun: Griswold Breakfast-all are welcome at the fire to cook their favorite breakfast and share.

4 main match followed by awards. Most of us just come and eat...

BP Category Winners will receive a beautiful BADGE very similar to the SASS badge taylor made for the BP Shoot.

Questions: Ask Korupt Karl, Cowboy Rick, Prairie Dawg, Crazy Mingo, Travelin Kid or Pardre PW.

Thanks and I hope to see you there.

All this for $50....just like last year.

CATEGORIES:

Pale Rider

Pale Rider consists of main match cartridge pistols and lever action rifle of 40 Caliber and above (38-40 on up). For bullet weights of 200 grs or more, a black powder charge of 25 grs by volume (1.6 cc's) is required. For 38-40, a bullet weight of 180 grs is permitted; however, the black powder charge is increased to a minimum of 30 grs by volume (2.0 cc's). 12 gauge shotgun only; minimum charge is 60 grs (4.0 cc's) and 1 1/8 oz of shot.

Pale Rider is shot gunfighter style, although a duelist category may be offered, depending on the number of entries for the match.

Plainsman

Plainsman consists of Cap & Ball revolvers, shot duelist style, a lever-action or double barrel shotgun, and a single shot pistol or rifle caliber rifle. Please do not load heavy rifle rounds to minimize damage to the match targets. Plainsman will fire approximately half of the otherwise required stage rifle rounds.

Josey Wales

Josey Wales participants will shoot 4 SASS main match revolvers and a double barrel or lever action shotgun. No rifle is required for this category. Revolvers may be shot duelist or gunfighter, 10 shots at the pistol targets and 10 shots at the rifle targets. Gunfighter style may only be utilized from revolvers secured in straight hang holsters from opposite sides of the body, or safely staged on props.

Renegade

Renegade consists of pistols and shotgun (no 97's) and a rifle caliber rifle shot from the shoulder. Like Plainsman, rifles will fire approximately half of the otherwise required stage rifle rounds. No heavy rifle loads, please!

Wild Bunch

Wild Bunch shooters will substitute a 1911-style pistol and 2 magazines loaded with 5 rounds each for their main match revolvers. An 1898 Krag-Jorgenson rifle may be used in lieu of a rifle caliber rifle (5 shots required) or main match pistol caliber rifle (10 shots required). Any SASS legal main match shotgun may be utilized.

Frontiersman

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

Frontier Cartridge Duelist

Frontier Cartridge Outlaw

Frontier Cartridge

Frontier Cartridge Ladies

SMOKELESS:

Master Gunfighter: Shooters may shoot any style at any time including gunfighter. Any sass legal caliber. No costume requirements.

Men's Duelist

Buckaroo

Ladies Master Gunfighter: As above, ladies only

We will possibly have to adjust categories when the numbers are below three in a category. We will be flexible and will include more categories if you can muster up at least three to compete with you. We will do our best to be flexible.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why darn tootin I'ma comin! Don't think I would miss this match do ya? Folks, I am not an avid black powder shooter. I shoot 2 to 3 BP matches a year. This little match is one great time! I went to it last year for the first time, not expecting much, and was blown away! I had a blast! The folks up there really made me feel welcome, the stages were great, the food was great and I am going back for sure. What is more, I am taking some friends with me! If there is any way you can swing going to this one, do it! :ph34r:

You know I plan on being there Karl. I can't hardly wait! My 44 bisly Vaqueros are all ready for those rifle targets. Now I just need to learn how to chew Tobacco and spit on que. If I remember right the last time I tried that was about 35 years ago and it didn't work out so well. Dixie and I Will be celebrating our wedding aniversary on that weekend again and really love the fact we will be there to party and play. Its one of our favorite shoots of the year. For what you get for your money it can't be beat! Better start practisen your long range pistol shootin. You know I will! :D

I haven't missed one yet!

I'm gonna try & keep up with ya Frenchy.

Maybe give a little back of what you gave me last year :lol:

See y'all soon.

--Dawg

For those of you who don't have it,

here is a link to the Korruption in Paradise Webpage, Application, & etc.

Link

See ya in May!

--Dawg

Heee Haaa P Dawg..You know that I'm goin ta be there.. ^_^ You know that everybody that was a kickin sand in my face last year gots a little payback a comein.. :huh: check and see ifin the "Duck of Death" is a comein.. He has beeen awlful quite sence last year.. -_- Whats up with that :excl: The NEW Crazy Mingo is comein ta Paradise Pass and I'm bringin Hell with me.. <_< The meanist,low down,dawg kickin outlaw,the pass has ever seen.. :angry:

Heee Haaa crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Mingo...I have to admit that I've seen you at your meanest.....primarily at the Criswold Breakfast if someone is tryin to take too much food.

Look forward to seeing you. Will you be at the April shoot? Cowboy Rick, Travelin Kid and Dawg will be there.....and I appreciate your input as we put the finishing touches on.

I received the badges for first place category winners and they look great.

KK

Mingo......It will be nice eatin them "Dawg killer" taters on Sunday morning.

Make a bunch--you know I'm a big eater!

--Dawg

Almost a year later and I'm still trying to get that heathen black powder gunk out of my pistols innards.

As matter of fact still trying to get that gunk out of my innards too!

I've got the date written in...hope to make it again...shooting what God intended real cowpokes to shoot, smokeless! :rolleyes:

Almost a year later and I'm still trying to get that heathen black powder gunk out of my pistols innards.

As matter of fact still trying to get that gunk out of my innards too!

I've got the date written in...hope to make it again...shooting what God intended real cowpokes to shoot, smokeless! :rolleyes:

Matthew,

I've got some gunz you can get dirty. Say the word and they're yours for the match. a little help with the cleanin' and whiskey sippin' is all I ask in return.rolleyes.gif

CR

Karl,

App. going in the mail Monday. I can't wait to see Dawg come down with the Terrible Tater syndrome. Now me I loved

them, I come from good Hillbilly stock and them taters are like home cooking to me. I hope some Frontiersmen show

up besides me. I would hate to shoot in some of those cartridge categories with little toy cap guns. That might

send some of those "pimp" gun shooters back home with their tail between their legs.

"OHIO" Cheatin Charlie

Heee Haaa Old Korupt One .. I don't know if I can make it yet.. :unsure: I'd like to :rolleyes: Sending app tomorrow.. :blush:

Heeee Haaa Ohioian Cheatin Charlie.. Nows ya wouldn't be refurin ta my 44-40's as pimp guns would ya.. :o Ifin ya wanta ta see some real scrached up iron ask ta see KK's.. :P SIDES your gonea have your hands full with Split-Rail.. <_< you shouldn't be tryin ta rile me up.. I may have ta take you to the wood shed :blink:

Heeee Haaaa Matthew Dunkin.. Ifin you'd taken some Yankee advice, and tied all your Iron together on a fish stringer and throud it in the pond in front of your cabin they would be ready ta go this year ^_^

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

My daddy always said that if you dangle the right bait when fishing something would nibble on it! LOL!

Now being a gentleman like I am, I would never call anybody out by name unless I planned on being there

in person. "HINT" And about Splitrail I ain't worried about him I told him I shoot "SENIOR" Frontiersman!

I think I will slink back into the shadows until it gets closer to shooting time. Remember what I told you last year

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk! LOL

Just talked to CC....the apps are a comin in....I look forward to seeing you all again and it sounds like a lot of new faces as well.

KK

I might be interested.

I sent karl a message to see if i can find way to shoot without spending 3 hours in the tub with my 97 and a gallon of bp solvent

3GC

I have a solution! You can use my BSS! I will even clean it for you after each day!

Hey, Are we there yet? I have the likes of Buffalo Dick and DJ McDraw coming with me! I know, lock up your dogs and hide your wives! There is a chance that Stone Creek Drifter and Maybe his trusty side kick will show also. Hey, some bad news, I am not bringin lemonade this year........Maybe a little Moonshine Apple Pie though! Just 2 months away! Hey Karl, is it true that you talked Widder and these Giesha twins I have never met? :ph34r:

Heee Haaa Old Korupt One.. I sure hope your watchin your Chickens there's been some rumers goin around.. :ph34r: Just Sayin

I'll try ta make Aprils .. -_-

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I agree with Doc....Three Gun, you can use my SKB double if you need it....You'll have more fun shootin the holy black than that smokeless stuff and you'll have more competition.....Giving Badges away for the bp categories.

KK

I agree with Doc....Three Gun, you can use my SKB double if you need it....You'll have more fun shootin the holy black than that smokeless stuff and you'll have more competition.....Giving Badges away for the bp categories.

KK

:D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I might be interested.

I sent karl a message to see if i can find way to shoot without spending 3 hours in the tub with my 97 and a gallon of bp solvent

3GC

Hey 3GC, Here are the match rules:

Side-by-side or lever action shotguns only for Black Powder categories. Model 1897 Winchesters or their reproductions are permitted in the smokeless categories, consistent with SASS rules. You may shoot your 97 in the Wild Bunch category.

You weren't thinking maybe you could shoot smokeless in your 97 (so it would stay nice and clean) and also compete in a black powder category? How's about a special Hybrid category just for you?? Quit dicking around and get a double from someone and shoot Pale Rider...have some fun!

Spittoon

Why can't 1897's be shot in a HP category? I enjoy it.

Sorry PM, I have to refer you to the rules: http://www.korruptkarl.com/matchrules.htm I have three doubles if you need to borrow one.

KK

It's been a couple of years but I'm looking forward to this one.

As always, I look forward to shooting with you. Frenchy, Dawg and I will be shooting Josie Wales if you care to join the fun. Requires 4 pistols and a double or your 87......I know you have enough equipment......

KK

I hope that my bringin the likes of Buffalo Dick and DJ McDraw with me wont ruin my good standing with you good people at Warsaw! :ph34r:

Naw.........But if you were bringin that Culpepper fella......................Well THAT would be different! :lol:

--Dawg

As always, I look forward to shooting with you. Frenchy, Dawg and I will be shooting Josie Wales if you care to join the fun. Requires 4 pistols and a double or your 87......I know you have enough equipment......

KK

Giving up my .44-40 rifle for two more pistols would be a huge step backwards for me. It appears that there is no Classic Cowboy category (there ought to be), so I'll probably shoot FCD or Pale Rider Duelist if you have enough entries. I'm not sure my gunfighter skills are up to Pale Rider loads yet.

Does CC have a pool? :lol:

Archived