SASS Wire Forum

Evil Roy

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gunner, they's some things the world just ain't ready for and that'd be one of 'em!

With SASS's aging demographic, Nekkid Cowboy Action Shooting sure tops the list. Besides, can you imagine the possibilities of hot brass scars? :blink::lol:

Gunner, they's some things the world just ain't ready for and that'd be one of 'em!

With SASS's aging demographic, Nekkid Cowboy Action Shooting sure tops the list. Besides, can you imagine the possibilities of hot brass scars? :blink::lol:

Dang - was ready for a 'new' kind of game in town :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hello Folks,

When I saw the photo, I thought "that isn't cool." Sorry Roy; nothing personal. I would not have commented. However, after reading all of these posts I do understand better what troubled me. It was not Roy wearing a baseball cap or tennies (his admission) for his class. That is fine and I understand the reason for the hat.

I just wish that photos in the Chronicle did not show illegal items. This isn't the first time... Also, there have been adds for illegal items right under Tex's editorial (IIRC it was suspenders with ammo loops).

The problem I see is that I think this type of thing can be confusing to new folks.

Regards,

Allie Mo :ph34r:

;) Rye

Rye, I guess some people don't understand the point you were making. I caught on right away. Gene has done many years of promoting SASS and helping with our sport to advance it to where it is today.

Your point was if a big star like John Wayne came to Gene's school wearing his same clothes that he made so many western movies in but wearing a GreenBay Packers baseball cap, Your mental image of what he was to look like would be taken away.

When we read a book, we all make our own mental image as to how the hero looks. If they make a movie out of the book, we are usually disappointed with how the hero is dressed and looks.

You were not putting down on him in any way. As I stated before you were expressing why would such a photo be put in the CC.

I think the CC keeps us all tied together but what the publishers forget is that it's a piece of paper that maybe left any where and picked up by non shooters of the sport.

They should never print photos like the one taken of Gene and his students.

Gene is no different than anyone else as he wants to be comfortable and not wear his hat at all times and I understand fully. His hearing maybe a little bad if he uses the electronic muffs for classes as they do enhance the speech of others.

My hearing after over 45 years of shooting has also gone south because we shot without any protection in the 50's and 60's.

Gene has chosen a certain look that never changes from week to week as myself and others wear different outfits. His look is that of the cowboys of the earlier days of westerns. They wore the same costume every week. The Rebel,The Rifleman, Roy Rogers, Lash LaRue and so.

When the CC decides to print a picture of a true SASS icon then it should be in full dress.

Yes people, I agree that ER may have not known the picture was being used. Rye's original OP had nothing to do with the man as so many of you have chosen to tar and feather him for but the picture in the CC and of who it showed.

If it had been of Rye Miles or Fairshake wearing that cap then the effect it would have would be nill to none.

Gene, That example that you chose to use about my dry sense of humor posting was given several times. I was a POST Firearms instructor and always gave my students the correct nomenclature of the firearm being used. I thought I good make a funny comment that involved you and the show on TV at that time. My mistake as I would have been tarred and feathered if in a town of the responders.

I do feel that many on our forums are way to quick to make false accusations of people they have never met with out taking a moment to ask the OP what information they are trying to relay first.

We are all in the same sport to have fun.

I just saw one of the clubs that I was a member of go down in flames because of one person believing false information about other members. We need to go back and find that spirit that made SASS the best shooting sport going.

Guest Evil Roy

I just pulled up the "Saloon" after several days and could not believe this topic is still being discussed with all the really important things going on in the world. Or even discussed in the first place. The only reason I got back on here is I am afraid that the CC will be bullied into never printing a picture that shows anyone in other than correct match clothes doing anything. Can we not stand seeing someone teaching a class, standing around, getting in their car, etc. in non match clothing? Can you show a picture of an RV? How about the parking lot with all the cars? How about Captain Baylor saddling up the motor home to head off to another match? Is this that serious a deal? By some of your definitions Billy The Kid would would be out of uniform. I was jumped a few years ago by some guy who thought I should be making more of an effort to look "Old West" like Roy Rogers. NOBODY in the Old West looked like Roy Rogers. He had a side kick with a JEEP, had a telephone he used to call the sheriff and could pull frying pans, huge coffee pots, fire irons, a guitar, fiddle, and a bass out of his saddle bags. If you can accept that you can accept a picture with someone wearing "civies" in a non shooting match acitivity. Maybe the comment should have been "Look at the shooters from Toronto really getting into and promoting

CAS in a big way in Canada by importing an instructor to better their game". Instead it is a ball hat issue. Now a pet peeve of mine. For hundreds of years firearms meant to be fired with one hand were referred to as "pistols" in as a pirate's flintlock pistol, cowboy pistols, Daniel Boone's pistol, dueling pistols, etc. Not that anyone should care but the cowboys carried "pistols" and they were referred to as such long before there were semi autos. My cowboy handguns are pistols not revolvers. I hope this does not sound mad or rude as it is not meant to be. I just think this whole topic is silly.

I just pulled up the "Saloon" after several days and could not believe this topic is still being discussed with all the really important things going on in the world. Or even discussed in the first place. The only reason I got back on here is I am afraid that the CC will be bullied into never printing a picture that shows anyone in other than correct match clothes doing anything. Can we not stand seeing someone teaching a class, standing around, getting in their car, etc. in non match clothing? Can you show a picture of an RV? How about the parking lot with all the cars? How about Captain Baylor saddling up the motor home to head off to another match? Is this that serious a deal? By some of your definitions Billy The Kid would would be out of uniform. I was jumped a few years ago by some guy who thought I should be making more of an effort to look "Old West" like Roy Rogers. NOBODY in the Old West looked like Roy Rogers. He had a side kick with a JEEP, had a telephone he used to call the sheriff and could pull frying pans, huge coffee pots, fire irons, a guitar, fiddle, and a bass out of his saddle bags. If you can accept that you can accept a picture with someone wearing "civies" in a non shooting match acitivity. Maybe the comment should have been "Look at the shooters from Toronto really getting into and promoting

CAS in a big way in Canada by importing an instructor to better their game". Instead it is a ball hat issue. Now a pet peeve of mine. For hundreds of years firearms meant to be fired with one hand were referred to as "pistols" in as a pirate's flintlock pistol, cowboy pistols, Daniel Boone's pistol, dueling pistols, etc. Not that anyone should care but the cowboys carried "pistols" and they were referred to as such long before there were semi autos. My cowboy handguns are pistols not revolvers. I hope this does not sound mad or rude as it is not meant to be. I just think this whole topic is silly.

Yup.

Yup.

These negative type post are kinda what you would expect from the other wire across the tracks, not here at the Saloon. Evil Roy, I haven't had the pleasure of attending one of your classes, but when I do, dress comfortable, cause me and BlueJeans will. MT

Rye, I guess some people don't understand the point you were making. I caught on right away. Gene has done many years of promoting SASS and helping with our sport to advance it to where it is today.

Your point was if a big star like John Wayne came to Gene's school wearing his same clothes that he made so many western movies in but wearing a GreenBay Packers baseball cap, Your mental image of what he was to look like would be taken away.

When we read a book, we all make our own mental image as to how the hero looks. If they make a movie out of the book, we are usually disappointed with how the hero is dressed and looks.

You were not putting down on him in any way. As I stated before you were expressing why would such a photo be put in the CC.

I think the CC keeps us all tied together but what the publishers forget is that it's a piece of paper that maybe left any where and picked up by non shooters of the sport.

They should never print photos like the one taken of Gene and his students.

Gene is no different than anyone else as he wants to be comfortable and not wear his hat at all times and I understand fully. His hearing maybe a little bad if he uses the electronic muffs for classes as they do enhance the speech of others.

My hearing after over 45 years of shooting has also gone south because we shot without any protection in the 50's and 60's.

Gene has chosen a certain look that never changes from week to week as myself and others wear different outfits. His look is that of the cowboys of the earlier days of westerns. They wore the same costume every week. The Rebel,The Rifleman, Roy Rogers, Lash LaRue and so.

When the CC decides to print a picture of a true SASS icon then it should be in full dress.

Yes people, I agree that ER may have not known the picture was being used. Rye's original OP had nothing to do with the man as so many of you have chosen to tar and feather him for but the picture in the CC and of who it showed.

If it had been of Rye Miles or Fairshake wearing that cap then the effect it would have would be nill to none.

Gene, That example that you chose to use about my dry sense of humor posting was given several times. I was a POST Firearms instructor and always gave my students the correct nomenclature of the firearm being used. I thought I good make a funny comment that involved you and the show on TV at that time. My mistake as I would have been tarred and feathered if in a town of the responders.

I do feel that many on our forums are way to quick to make false accusations of people they have never met with out taking a moment to ask the OP what information they are trying to relay first.

We are all in the same sport to have fun.

I just saw one of the clubs that I was a member of go down in flames because of one person believing false information about other members. We need to go back and find that spirit that made SASS the best shooting sport going.

;) Rye

Hey Roy. Your comment on the cowboys using pistols Vs, revolvers is on target. Around here though the so called gun experts feel compelled to correct you ever time you call a 6 shooter a pistol. They get on you because it's a revolver based on today's understanding. That's why in another post I used the term revolver. I got tired of getting yelled at.

Cowboys carried pistols.

Ike

Hey Roy. Your comment on the cowboys using pistols Vs, revolvers is on target. Around here though the so called gun experts feel compelled to correct you ever time you call a 6 shooter a pistol. They get on you because it's a revolver based on today's understanding. That's why in another post I used the term revolver. I got tired of getting yelled at.

Cowboys carried pistols.

Ike

No cowboys carried single action revolvers unless they had a double action revolver. We're cuttin hairs here but if ya work in a gun shop and you were asked to see a pistol you would reach for a semi-auto pistol NOT a revolver! Since we don't use "pistols" in our sport ('cept fer WB) they are revolvers but we all use the term pistols and we all know the difference So, my point is.......................uh..................I forgot!:P

Rye :)

Oh my! :o Watch out for that '73 brass!

If yore newd, the brass just bounces off. It's wearing them plunging necklines and no hat with a 73 that'll get a girl's attention. :lol:

Get's the cowpoke's attention too when she starts to holler and dance about. ;)

Archived