SASS Wire Forum

Evil Roy

Rye Miles #13621

I thought I'd post this in the more friendly saloon than that other place cause you guys and gals would probably understand more (maybe not?)

My question is WHY is Evil Roy wearing a baseball cap in this month's chronicle while hosting a shooting school for cowboys?? Really?? He couldn't wear a cowboy hat?:blink:

I have nothing personally against Roy he's probably a great guy. I know he's an excellent shooter and a great asset to our sport but wouldn't a cowboy hat be more in line with what we're doing? I may becoming an old curmudgeon and if ya think so by all means let it fly!:lol:

Rye B)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's his shooting school, not a SASS event. He can wear a fedora or a doo rag as far as I'm concerned. He never does that during an event or during the award ceremonies. He is one of the best examples of class and the Cowboy Way around.

And yes, he is a great guy.

I thought I'd post this in the more friendly saloon than that other place cause you guys and gals would probably understand more (maybe not?)

My question is WHY is Evil Roy wearing a baseball cap in this month's chronicle while hosting a shooting school for cowboys?? Really?? He couldn't wear a cowboy hat?:blink:

I have nothing personally against Roy he's probably a great guy. I know he's an excellent shooter and a great asset to our sport but wouldn't a cowboy hat be more in line with what we're doing? I may becoming an old curmudgeon and if ya think so by all means let it fly!:lol:

Rye B)

Yeah, I kinda double-taked on that myself. Oh well....figure if'n ya be teaching a 'cowboy' shooting you'd sport the proper cover. Like was mentioned - his school, his preference I reckon.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

During the shooting parts of the class Evil Roy and Wicked Felina wear electronic earmuffs instead of the usual earplugs to better facilitate communication. Kinda unhandy with a hat.

Besides , like Utah Bob says , it is at his school , what difference does it make. Maybe one should take the CC lay-out folks to task for using the picture , if it offends one.

Happy trails , Rex :D

He wears the ballcap with the shooting school logo while teaching. If you havn't attended one you are missing out great school, great guy.

I did a double take as well but it didn't rile me up none. Given the explanation of wearing ear muff style hearing protection for better communication it makes perfect sense.

What aggravates me more about the Chronicle is the reports on shoots that were held up to a year ago. Timely it ain't. <_<

I enjoy the articles on matches. And it doesn't bother me too much that they are often months old. Heck, it ain't breaking news, if you want to know the scores the club websites have them. Pretty much the articles are reports to describe the match and activities and in many ways serve to generate interest for next years match.

When I first started out I would eagerly await each CC, and read it cover to cover. As time goes by, I find myself taking much longer to get through it, after you've read so many match reports, they kind of start sounding alike.

I do enjoy the articles about little know persons and some of the world wide venues that we do not see here in the States, every day. I also enjoy looking at the centerfold. OH wait, wrong publiation. :blush:

It's his shooting school, not a SASS event. He can wear a fedora or a doo rag as far as I'm concerned. He never does that during an event or during the award ceremonies. He is one of the best examples of class and the Cowboy Way around.

And yes, he is a great guy.

+50. Personally, I like to wear a loaf of pumpernickle bread on my head.

Rye B)

Yep! Rye! Ya' are an ol' crumudgeon!! :lol:

What I don't understand, (and this is retorical) is why when I first started receiving the Chronicle there were as many as eight or ten pages of letters, (counting Madd Mike) and now there's only one!! :unsure::unsure:

Could it be that they really don't much care what we think? :rolleyes::lol:

Perhaps if he'd had an Evil Rye on his head it would have caused less of a reaction :lol:

Sorry...I know that was really bad but I couldn't resist.

:lol: Well that put a "wry" smile on my face!:)

(sorry that was pretty bad too)

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Worst trouble I ever got into... was when I criticized Lead Dispensor for cowboy-shooting-records... on video... that depicted him and all others without cowboy clothes.

Could care less what Evil Roy thinks of me... (probly nothin!!)... which is more like it.

I am in this sport to see what is in this sport. If you don't like it... hurt me.

As an ol' guy... I do love Evil Roy... although he wouldn't know me from crap. Well... he and his grand-daughter is a great guy. I don't have enough thanks for him... hope he will accept the little that I can provide.

But you know what... Lead Dispensor is alsw a great guy... I do love him so.

ts

You is quite a loving person TS.

Much nicer than me. I am a taker. I take all sorts of things. Why, I'd steal yer ear plugs if there was a buck in it. Nobody seems to be interested in yer waxy ear plugs tho.

Much nicer than me. I am a taker. I take all sorts of things. Why, I'd steal yer ear plugs if there was a buck in it. Nobody seems to be interested in yer waxy ear plugs tho.

You think BMC is kidding. The last time that I shot with him, I got home and my undies were gone. :blink::o

+50. Personally, I like to wear a loaf of pumpernickle bread on my head.

...we've been meaning to tawk with you about that!!!! <_<

First SASS rules do not require you to wear a hat, except for BW and Classic Cowboy. Once you leave the line you can wear anything you want. Only CC is required to wear their gear all the time and even at the awards

He's teaching a class on cowboy shooting and it's not a SASS class at this point he's a vendor and there are no cloathing/hat requirements. He's advertising his company and is wearing a set of ear muff's.

You don't have to dress the part to be a good cowboy and person like Roy is.

Ike

First SASS rules do not require you to wear a hat, except for BW and Classic Cowboy. Once you leave the line you can wear anything you want. Only CC is required to wear their gear all the time and even at the awards

He's teaching a class on cowboy shooting and it's not a SASS class at this point he's a vendor and there are no cloathing/hat requirements. He's advertising his company and is wearing a set of ear muff's.

You don't have to dress the part to be a good cowboy and person like Roy is.

Ike

Why bother at all??????Why not just call it "senior action shooting" and take all the cowboy out.then y'all can look like golfers in white socks and sandals.......I'm not sure once you leave the line you can wear anything you want.........What are you trying to promote here????

Why wouldn't the chronicle try and promote "cowboy" pictures as much as possible??????Will other "vendors" now be promoting their goods in NASCAR hats......Maybe "pork pie hats" like the rappers.........Soon will I be seeing guys standing behind the shooters in "harley shirts???????????cowboy action or just do your own thing action shooting...????

Rye B)

Look I know that was his shooting class and yes he can wear whatever he wants and blah, blah. I know all about freedoms BUT I just wonder why he didn't at least take off the ball cap for the pictures! SASS rules says NO ball caps and while I know this was not a SASS match I just think it sends the wron g message. Dressing western is as much of this sport as our old time guns are. Just MHO.

Rye

B)

You are entitled to your opinion....and I'm entitled to mine ;) This is a lot of crappola about nuthin :blink: He can do whatever he wants (it's HIS school). I went thru his school a long time ago and he doesn't require cowboy duds to attend. Its about SHOOTING, not wardrobe :excl:

Look I know that was his shooting class and yes he can wear whatever he wants and blah, blah. I know all about freedoms BUT I just wonder why he didn't at least take off the ball cap for the pictures! SASS rules says NO ball caps and while I know this was not a SASS match I just think it sends the wron g message. Dressing western is as much of this sport as our old time guns are. Just MHO.

Rye

B)

Rye, You just received some of what happened to me about three years ago when I made a comment that was in my mind being presented with a dry sense of humor.

The TV program that was on and now discontinued that featured stories about the different facets of cowboy shooting, first hosted by Tequila had Evil Roy as a guest one week.

When it comes to the proper nomenclature of guns. Pistol is the name for any semi- auto style of handgun with a magazine that fires with each pull of the trigger. Revolver is the proper name of the guns used in SASS as they have a revolving cylinder.

I posted on one of the forums that he had made a huge mistake. IIRC my OP stated EVIL ROY GETS IT WRONG ON TV.

You would have thought I had shot the pope!!

I was told things like ,have your ever heard of someone being revolver whipped, to I should not speak bad about some one who had done so much for the sport.

I was told by my wife, David you have to remember that these people don't know that you joke around like that all day every day. You have a dry sense of humor and they don't get it.

I figured out then not to ever post another dark joke about anyone who was known by the general membership.

Take Care my friend David PS By the way I got your meaning from the first reading. What you were trying to relay is that we are exposed to Evil Roy for years in his man in black look. When he steps from this while teaching shooting he should look like his name implies.

You are entitled to your opinion....and I'm entitled to mine ;) This is a lot of crappola about nuthin :blink: He can do whatever he wants (it's HIS school). I went thru his school a long time ago and he doesn't require cowboy duds to attend. Its about SHOOTING, not wardrobe :excl:

Okay it's his school!................you say "it's about shooting"......I thought it's about COWBOY SHOOTING!!!!Wouldn't it make sense to shoot in the clothes and equipment you are going to compete in???????Name me a sport where you don't suit up for the game....would you wear a baseball cap to swim in?????Do Not try and tell me that there no difference shootin in hats spurs and boots,than shooting in your nikes and short shorts......Cowboy up and wear a hat!.......Stop drinking the "kool aid".

Okay it's his school!................you say "it's about shooting"......I thought it's about COWBOY SHOOTING!!!!Wouldn't it make sense to shoot in the clothes and equipment you are going to compete in???????Name me a sport where you don't suit up for the game....would you wear a baseball cap to swim in?????Do Not try and tell me that there no difference shootin in hats spurs and boots,than shooting in your nikes and short shorts......Cowboy up and wear a hat!.......Stop drinking the "kool aid".

It's his school, it's about whatever he wants it to be about! If you don't like it, don't go. Perhaps when you have as many world championships as he does you'll be in a position to opine about how other people ought to practice. I just got through practicing my draw and reholster with my Rugers and my SKB techniques. I did so in my robe, is that a problem?

Fairshake, it must be nice to be in a position to judge how someone else should look while they are working at their own business, are you saying that because he has established a certain image he owes it to you to always present that image?

I believe Evil Roy has been an asset to our sport for many years. That said, I would only object if he was wearing a cat on his head, everything else is open hat season.

I believe Evil Roy has been an asset to our sport for many years. That said, I would only object if he was wearing a cat on his head, everything else is open hat season.

What's with you and the cats Tuco? You're beginning to make me wonder. :blink:

Besides, even if ER was wearing a cat we all know who it would be staring at! :ph34r:

Archived