SASS Wire Forum

SASS IS NOT A CLUB

Shorty, factually able to identify whether SASS is a C or S is not determinable. What SASS is not, is any of the 501©'s. Only the Museum and Scholarship funds are 503©3). Here's how SASS is registered in CA ...

Entity Name: SINGLE ACTION SHOOTING SOCIETY, INC.

Entity Number: C2005787

Date Filed: 03/28/1997

Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA

Entity Address: 215 COWBOY WAY

Entity City, State, Zip: EDGEWOOD NM 87015

Agent for Service of Process: BOYD DAVIS

Agent Address: 13331 DORSEY CIR

Agent City, State, Zip: WESTMINSTER CA 92683

I agree..but i would bet you dimes to donuts that they are registered as a Sub S Corp and not a C Corp due to the small number of shareholders, and small Board of Directors,.They are the perfect company for Sub S Status.

Well, I don't care if it's a club, business, whatever. I have had bucket loads of fun and thank the Wild Bunch. That being said, after reading the other post that initiated this one, I am reminded of other situations where one persons liberal minority opinion screwed it up for others. Prayer in school, getting to chew gum on the bus, ect

I'm glad its a private enterprise.

Humm/ Not sure what this is all about, but it really doesn't matter much. I've never been under the impression that the "Membership" had the final say on what takes place in SASS. But the "Membership" has a great deal of influence as to how the game is played and what the rules will be. Yep... nobody is going to force the BOD to do something that they don't think is best for THEM or the GAME. I believe what is best for the game is also best for them. HOWEVER, I can assure you that the BOD WILL decide that they want to do what the "Membership" wants if the numbers are large enough. As the Chairman of the ROC,(Boy this is a lucrative job!) I can tell you that there are MANY items that come across the table. Some of them are very local in nature and some are more wide spread. A good example is the current topic on the TG wire about adding a couple of (Official) categories at the top of the ladder. Just put enough numbers behind it and I'll bet that it happens..... one way or the other! Want further proof... just look at the "Loading to many" Penalty... it was held up for a long time by a minority of TGs who just couldn't get their head out of the sand.... well, it's not being held up any longer..... is it? Why? Because the "Membership" at large was disgusted with it. The WB looks at things very seriously, and they are not DUMB! They want things to go as good as they can and will NOT disregard the wishes of the "Membership"! (just a note here.... don't fall into the trap of thinking that the few disgruntled voices that you read here on the wire speak for the "Membership" at large.) This outfit has been a main focus in mine and many folks life for 20+ years. It sure doesn't always take the route that I would prefer or would choose to go, but so far it's always arrived at the destination.

Snakebite

I can't believe this thread has gone 2 pages. Concerning the topic of the post: It is a CLUB. It is a private club. Just like private gyms are clubs; country clubs are private clubs; and, yes, I AM a member!

It took me about 30 Days after finding out about CAS and joining SASS to realize how smart the Wild Bunch was and is. My admiration grew beyond measure when I realized what they had done. Not only did they turn a hobby into a very lucrative "biddness" (entertainment business), but, they got to "play" along as they went. I would like to have been a spider on the wall when the "light bulb" went off giving the first Wild Bunch Member the insight and foresight to recoginize what they discovered could be developed into a world class business. My hat is off to you, Gentlemen!

Much Respect,

Knob Creek Drover

Maybe the Wild Bunch should have Franchised SASS. All they needed to do was to tie up 500 shooting ranges into long term leases for CAS. The Franchise would include the lease, targets, folding/padded tables, timers, a scoring system and rules for proceedures and safety. This way SASS would get a lot more money on a continuing basis and they could afford to pay for whatever they needed. Plus the owners of the Franchises would be able to realize a profit. Learn form McDonalds, Fast Food vs. Fast Shooting.

SASS is a business, an umbrella organization providing exclusive contracted services to subordinate shooting clubs.

Though we are called "members", the term is as meaningless as Walmart calling their employees "associates", or other outfits calling theirs "partners".

SASS is a BUSINESS wholly owned and operated by the Wild Bunch, and the CC is their MAGAZINE to do with as they see fit.

When he used to do his "live" show, chef Emeril Legasse faced a heckler one night when he repeated his "pork fat rules" refrain. He snapped, through a grin more angry than a smile "Hey, ya don't like it, get yer own cooking show."

He understands the difference between "membership" and being a "consumer" of a business' services.....

Folks who use "MY" or "mine" to describe anything belonging to SASS had better check their WILD BUNCH membership. Ain't got one? Well then......

What's your point?

No it wasn't. The point I was making is that NO POLITICAL RHETORIC OF ANY KIND should have been included in the monthly NEWSLETTER to the "MEMBERSHIP". That being said, My further research has revealed that SASS does not have "MEMBERS". It has CUSTOMERS. SASS is a privately held (By "The Wild Bunch") corporation, incorporated in California. It sells the rights to use the rules that they have established to individuals (the customers) and calls them "members", but we are NOT MEMBERS. Afiliated clubs are not charged a fee or dues. The afiliation is provided gratis. If you belong to an afiliated club, you are a "MEMBER" there, but you are still not a` member of SASS. You are a "CUSTOMER" that they refer to as a "member". This tells me that what SASS is selling is "VAPORWARE". They are charging an anual fee for rules that anyone could use and follow for free if they so chose. Is it a requirement to be a sass "MEMBER" in order to compete in SASS sanctioned events? If so, this is a value added benefit of the sale. If not, it makes me wonder why we pay the dues to SASS. Those of us that do not participate in the SASS sanctioned events are paying for nothing. We get all of our benefits from the afiliated club, and the afiliated club pays nothing to SASS.

I enjoy Col. Dan's articles whether I agree with them or not is my choice. This was the whole point of the original deleted thread.

DAS

No it wasn't. The point I was making is that NO POLITICAL RHETORIC OF ANY KIND should have been included in the monthly NEWSLETTER to the "MEMBERSHIP". That being said, My further research has revealed that SASS does not have "MEMBERS". It has CUSTOMERS. SASS is a privately held (By "The Wild Bunch") corporation, incorporated in California. It sells the rights to use the rules that they have established to individuals (the customers) and calls them "members", but we are NOT MEMBERS. Afiliated clubs are not charged a fee or dues. The afiliation is provided gratis. If you belong to an afiliated club, you are a "MEMBER" there, but you are still not a` member of SASS. You are a "CUSTOMER" that they refer to as a "member". This tells me that what SASS is selling is "VAPORWARE". They are charging an anual fee for rules that anyone could use and follow for free if they so chose. Is it a requirement to be a sass "MEMBER" in order to compete in SASS sanctioned events? If so, this is a value added benefit of the sale. If not, it makes me wonder why we pay the dues to SASS. Those of us that do not participate in the SASS sanctioned events are paying for nothing. We get all of our benefits from the afiliated club, and the afiliated club pays nothing to SASS.

Dude, if you disagree so much with what SASS is doing, why do you hang around? Don't make yourself miserable on our account....

Jus' sayin'

Johnny ~ also a proud SASS member!;)

Funny, I was in the cyber neighborhood of the Alamo Area Moderators and decided to take a look at their match results. I couldn't find your alias going all the way back to last summer. So, you're a new member, you don't shoot with the club you claim an affiliation with, but you sure have a strong opinion about how SASS ought to operate...... :huh:

Why not go troll somewhere else?

OH-JOY.....Bugscuffle aka "BS" is back :rolleyes:

Wonder how much BS is going to be spread now?

Folks, have you ALL forgotten what happens when you keep feeding a stray cat, or TROLL? ;)

LG

He grows up and calls himself Lumpy Grits. :P

Archived