SASS Wire Forum

Shout out to Widdowmaker

Sounds like a Marlin fan out there :)

GG

Howdy, GG -

Nope... the only Marlin I own is the Model 39 that my uncle passed to me before he died. It was his ranch rifle for over 40 years and I consider it one of those family treasures.

Regards, TJH

Howdy, GG -

Nope... the only Marlin I own is the Model 39 that my uncle passed to me before he died. It was his ranch rifle for over 40 years and I consider it one of those family treasures.

Regards, TJH

...after you handle a Widdermatic rifle you might rethink that 'nope' :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

TJH:

just saw your post.

Thanks.....I'll clean out my in box.

email is at my work site and it is:

mhill@cityofknoxville.org

Hope your doing well.

p.s. - I once owned an M39 and ifn I could get my leg up high enough, I'd kick meownbutt for ever letting it go. Loved that little rifle.

..........Widder

Thanks, Widder -

I figured you were probably out tearing up a range somewhere this weekend. Sent an email to the address you provided.

By the way, that Model 39 is pretty rough on the outside, but the bore is pristine. My dad liked to recount the day he and my uncle were out at the ranch trying to cajole some bass out of one of the tanks on his ranch (for non-Texans reading this, "tanks" are the name we use for what you other folks probably call ponds). Uncle Jake managed to wrap his lure around a branch that was too high to reach. Not being one to leave a perfectly good lure hanging from a tree branch, he picked up the 39 and proceeded to cut the line and drop the lure to the ground with a single shot.

Thanks, also, to the pards who offered to help put me in touch with WH.

Regards, TJH

I had an uncle (RIP) who didn't like to waste time 'fishing' in the conventional way.

Soooooooo, he used M80's. The original kind.

He'd rather eat than fish. Course, he would rather make shine and drink than buy it also.

..........Widder

Archived