SASS Wire Forum

Help on Stage Decorations

Kootenai Brown

Howdy folks,

I’m the co-Match Director for the Alaska State SASS Championship coming up in July this year. I’m here, hat in hand, looking for help with some of the stage props and decorations.

Our theme is “A B-Western Salute to Coyote Calhoun.” So naturally, our stages are patterned after B-Western movies. I’d like to decorate each stage with its corresponding movie poster.

I’ve found sources on the web where I can buy replica posters, but by the time I pay the shipping to get them to Alaska, it exceeds the Match budget for such things.

I’m wondering if any pards here on the Wire have movie posters that you would be willing to scan in high quality, or take a high quality digital photo of and email to me. I’d then re-print them locally in 11 x17 size.

The movie themes we’re using are:

• North of the Rio Grande (Hopalong Cassidy – William Boyd)

• King of the Cowboys (Roy Rogers)

• Six Shootin’ Sheriff (Ken Maynard)

• Rustler’s Rhapsody (Tom Beringer) (Sorry – we just couldn’t help ourselves!) :D

• The Cisco Kid (Duncan Renaldo)

• Wild Horse (Hoot Gibson)

• Blue Steel (John Wayne, before he was The Duke) :FlagAm:

• Wolves of the Range (Bob Livingston as The Lone Rider)

• Trail of the Silver Spurs (the Range Busters with Crash Corrigan)

• West Bound Stage (Tex Ritter)

If you can help out, I’d sure appreciate it. You can reach me through PM’s here on the Wire or email to kb87192 at gmail dot com.

And we’d love to see y’all at the match, too. You can hit the trifecta of Alaska shooting matches this summer in just 3 weekends: Summer Solstice Shoot on June 29 to July 1. Shooting from 8pm to Midnight in bright sunlight B) , held in Fairbanks; Shootout Under the Midnight Sun – the Alaska Territorial Championship July 6-8 held in Anchorage; and the Alaska State SASS Championship July 13-15 held in Fairbanks. You can download an application and information packet at http://www.theopenrange.net/GHSS/AKShootApp.pdf/

And Mr. Moderator – if you can make this message invisible just to folks who are attending the match, that would be great – the stages and props are a secret until the match! :lol:

Archived