SASS Wire Forum

Opening lines

owen judice

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to have a story line with most of my scenario's but in the summer time heat we sometimes only use an opening line, so what are some of your favorites?

Goody's my hero!

"GO"

"What ever that line was."

A long one. But I like it. Never seen it used.

"You swing a pretty big loop around these parts. But I'm about to jerk the slack out of your rope."

"Somebodys got to go back and get a &^%$ load of dimes"

We had one last year that folks are still talking about - the line was simple, it was "We are the Three Amigos" and then you did the salute like this :Salute. It was the way that Wind Drifter performed it that still has people talking.

Guest Texas Bounty Hunter

"I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!"

(has to be recited in you best Mexican accent) ;)

Being a big Tom Selleck fan, I like the short one that shows up somewhere in all his movies, "Excuse me."

I also like the one from Monte Walsh, "This is your fault."

"BROKEBACK THIS!"

Ya know, from Brokeback Mountain :lol:

I try to have a story line with most of my scenario's but in the summer time heat we sometimes only use an opening line, so what are some of your favorites?

"Are you the man who shot my friend?"

Another favorite of mine: "Excuse me while I whip this out!"

"Hold my beer, give me that gun, and watch this."

"I've been to 2 Worlds Fairs, and 4 OU-Texas games, but I aint never seen anything like this."

"What the hell, PUT THAT DOWN."

"candygram for mongo" "who are those guys?" "(spit) hows it work on stains" "badges! we dont need no stinkin badges" Just to name a few..

Do yo know how long it takes to stop laughing after you've actually said that?

Surely not as long as it takes you to shoot the stage. :rolleyes:

"God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore"

If my brain is functioning (a tricky proposition on a good day), I always try to play with the line. I'll slip in a club member's alias, say the line with an accent or a lisp, just anything I can think of to get a laugh (I shoot to enjoy it - my times are usually in the 60-80 second range!). Two years ago at the state championship (we have hosted it for the past fourteen years) one of the lines was, "Excuse me while I whip this out!". I had about ten or twelve bandanas tied together and tucked under my pants. After saying the line I started "whipping it out"!!! :lol:

Archived