SASS Wire Forum

new rifle slackline stage

stepnmud#33546

Hummm, I don't know who the shooter is but thought he was talented on the slackline and also speed rifle handling abilities and thought some folks here on the wire might enjoy the videoclip. I'll delete the youtube clip so as not to have someone think thats what sass shooting stages are.

Hummm, I don't know who the shooter is but thought he was talented on the slackline and also speed rifle handling abilities and thought some folks here on the wire might enjoy the videoclip. I'll delete the youtube clip so as not to have someone think thats what sass shooting stages are.

Maybe not though...it has been a good subject to discuss and some interesting debate came about..

(end result is if the Moderators thought it was really that bad they probably would have deleted it already)

Your call of course.. :D

and thanks for posting....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Not quite the same pard - we don't practice 'trick' shooting as in the video.

I have not seen anyone recommend loading outside powder manufactures recommendations, actually seen people tell folks that it is not recommended and can casue injury or worse . Antiquated firearms, if deemed safe to shoot, are safe if they are used properly. Removing a safety device for a competitive gun that already has safety measures in place (like half-cock on hammer) is fine if, again, the user takes precautions. SASS maintains a very safe safety record...and condoning 'trick' shooting or as some deem as 'playing' with firearms isn't good.

That's how I feel about...so :P

and PM'ing people is different that what's viewed publically...

;)

Well, we can disagree. When you remove your transfer bar from your Ruger, in the eyes of the manufacturer, you have created an unsafe firearm. I know this because if you send it to Ruger for repair they will put the transfer bar back in to keep you safe. ;)

Speedy shooting is trick shooting Pard, especially gunfighter style. Not something the average person can do, and it is something that really puts the "wow" factor into an audience. And, sadly, gunfighter is the only style I know that is accociated with a fatility.

As far as match safety goes, from time to time you will see stories of minor and moderate injuries happening. Mostly from bad targets/target placement or improperly loaded ammo that causes a bullet fragment to draw a bystander's blood. I have seen a bad one of these happen, which required surgery to remove the chunk of lead.

What we do as a normal course of play makes it rather hipocritical to condem stepnmud for the video he found.

Well, we can disagree. When you remove your transfer bar from your Ruger, in the eyes of the manufacturer, you have created an unsafe firearm. I know this because if you send it to Ruger for repair they will put the transfer bar back in to keep you safe. ;)

Speedy shooting is trick shooting Pard, especially gunfighter style. Not something the average person can do, and it is something that really puts the "wow" factor into an audience. And, sadly, gunfighter is the only style I know that is accociated with a fatility.

As far as match safety goes, from time to time you will see stories of minor and moderate injuries happening. Mostly from bad targets/target placement or improperly loaded ammo that causes a bullet fragment to draw a bystander's blood. I have seen a bad one of these happen, which required surgery to remove the chunk of lead.

What we do as a normal course of play makes it rather hipocritical to condem stepnmud for the video he found.

Nobody was 'condeming' Stepnmud for goodness sake - we were commenting on the video and the possibly that someone who views it could try soemthing they aren't 'ready' to try.

Also Ruger doesn't necessarily beleive the gun is unsafe without transfer bars (they made many without at one time) - their lawyers do. So of course they will ship you back a firearm that was as it came originally from the factory - or in the case of the older 3 screw versions, they provide the transfer bar mod because of the lawyers.

Maybe that is you in the video :D

Take it easy...

Hey Pard,

I don't have a problem with the clip being posted. It has brought out some interesting comments.

It was pointed out that it isn't something that would be done in SASS. I think that without being perfectly controlled, it could be dangerous.

Still, no need to remove the video.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Nobody was 'condeming' Stepnmud for goodness sake - we were commenting on the video and the possibly that someone who views it could try soemthing they aren't 'ready' to try.

Also Ruger doesn't necessarily beleive the gun is unsafe without transfer bars (they made many without at one time) - their lawyers do. So of course they will ship you back a firearm that was as it came originally from the factory - or in the case of the older 3 screw versions, they provide the transfer bar mod because of the lawyers.

Maybe that is you in the video :D

Take it easy...

Well, we could haggle over the lawyer aspect, but, not being a lawyer I am out of my element. Suffice to say, the transfer bar is a satey device that a respected manufacturer believes should be there, and defeating the safety device can be deemed unsafe, else, we would not have lawyers involved. There would be no need.

As for who is in the video, :lol: I wish I could shoot like that, but I am afraid of heights! :ph34r:

Peace to you Pard.

It seems that some here would thing that shotgun shooting over your head, behind your back and between your legs would be dangerous also.

Archived