SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship

Samuel "Doc" Eells

I had to read the post a second time after I saw the fourth word in your post Karl.

See you in @ a week.

I actually thought about it after I wrote it....that's funny...he should be committed, but he's too busy....I really enjoyed shootin with you guys, as always....last weekend and it's just a little over a week and we'll be together again. KK

As Doc Eells said in his post....it's not too late....one of the best shoots in the midwest.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great! glad you guys can make it. Shell I will make sure we possee on the wb side match.if you need any help or have questions call or pm me. see ya soon. :FlagAm:

Bad news MGM....we probably won't be there in time for WB. We can't leave until Friday morning and it's about a 6 hour jaunt for us, plus losing an hour due to that pesky time zone. :wacko:

Bad news MGM....we probably won't be there in time for WB. We can't leave until Friday morning and it's about a 6 hour jaunt for us, plus losing an hour due to that pesky time zone. :wacko:

well shucks.....but give me or doc a shout when ya get into town and we will get the welcomeing band all warmed up. :)

KK....throw some of those Jedi Gunfighter pins in your saddlebags. Need a couple more of 'em. See ya next week. :D

Will do.... KK

Oh boy Oh boy! We are inside a week! The bunkhouse is loaded and hooked up and I am heading to the range today. Gonna Shoot Middletown and Xenia this weekend and work on the range in the evenings! Then home for a whopping one day of work on Monday and then back to Piqua! Gonna be an awesome match, hope you all like the targets CLOSE! It is not to late to shoot this match! You can walk in, sign up and pay and shoot if ya want to! Come join the fun!

Can anybody tell me what the approximate yardage is for the long range rifle matches? I have to load some 44/90

cartridges and need to know if I need boomers or plinkers. Prever plinkers my shoulder cannot stand too many

boomers anymore.

I will see you all next weekend. Charlie

Just got a pm from Colt....if'n you are taking the shootin class with Colt and Duece you will need a minimum of 100 rifle 100 pistol and 75 shotgun. This is gonna be a blast....KK

Charlie, I'm pretty sure it isn't over 200 yds, see you thar Sanford!

Cheyenne

Oh boy Oh boy! We are inside a week! The bunkhouse is loaded and hooked up and I am heading to the range today. Gonna Shoot Middletown and Xenia this weekend and work on the range in the evenings! Then home for a whopping one day of work on Monday and then back to Piqua! Gonna be an awesome match, hope you all like the targets CLOSE! It is not to late to shoot this match! You can walk in, sign up and pay and shoot if ya want to! Come join the fun!

Piqua always had great target distance and size. That is what kept people coming back. Please don't tell me it's going to be one of those boring shoots with 4 yard pistol targets and 8 yard rifle targets?

Colt, there will be some 4 yard pistol and some 9 yard rifle, and also some 6+ yard pistol and 12 yard rifle. A little something for everyone, all targets hitable. Transitions will be a big part of the game. As for you Crossdraw, it all depends on the amount of smoke you make and the breeze!

Can anybody tell me what the approximate yardage is for the long range rifle matches? I have to load some 44/90

cartridges and need to know if I need boomers or plinkers. Prever plinkers my shoulder cannot stand too many

boomers anymore.

I will see you all next weekend. Charlie

the long range rifle distance maxs out at about 140 yards. :FlagAm:

Now for a real serious question.....is there any place to get ice cream close to the La Quinta Hotel? Shell Stuffer needs a quart a night to get by. :D

Now for a real serious question.....is there any place to get ice cream close to the La Quinta hotel?

This is the most important part of any match!! :D

See ya there, (my shoulder is doing better!)

Kid

Weather forecast is for highs in the low 80's Friday and Saturday and upper 80's on Sunday. Best news is 0% chance of rain and they are predicting low humidity.

....is there a chance of scattered casings....I mean showers. KK

:lol:

....is there a chance of scattered casings....I mean showers. KK

buffy wont let me near his brass bag....protectin it like a mother hen :lol: :lol:

I spoke with marcus allen last nite and we are gonna try and make a sub catagory for the cowboy trap match and will be black powder trap, anyone wantin to try it just bring your ammo. :FlagAm:

Campo, when are you leaving for Ohio. We're leaving early Friday morning.

My Dad and I are leaving early Friday morning as well. We should be there by 10:00 or 11:00.

I am done with WORK!!! I am off for the range here is just about and hour or so! Mean Gun and I have a few days worth of little tasks to get ready for you all to show up! If anyone has questions or whatever for me between now and then, you will have to call me, 937-869-0824.

Check the match schedule on our web site! We have added a potluck meet and greet for Thursday at 6pm for anyone who is already in town. Mean Gun and I are hosting this and supplying the chicken wings and pulled pork. You all just bring a covered dish. Yes, a tub of tater salad from the local market is fine for those who are from out of town and have no place to cook! See you all there I hope!

Now for a real serious question.....is there any place to get ice cream close to the La Quinta Hotel? Shell Stuffer needs a quart a night to get by. :D

there is a dairy queen about one half mile due east of the hotel... :)

Not much more time....started loading gear in the car....headed East on Thursday morning.....

KK

there is a dairy queen about one half mile due east of the hotel... :)

Good, he can get his usual 2 banana splits, no pineapple, double chocolate, and strawberry....or we can find a store with Breyers and I can watch him consume a half gallon. :D

Wednesday - Yawn! - Thursday - Stretch! - Friday at 5:00 A.M. - YEE-HAW! - Friday - 10:00 A.M. School with Deuce and Colt - Can I hear another BIG YEE-HAW! 2:00 P.M. - Get to run a Side Match - Friday 6:00 P.M. - The Best Steak Dinner in SASS - that's a Double YEE-HAW! Saturday Morning - Shootin' - Saturday Evening - Good Meal/Good Friends -Sunday Morning - Shootin' - Sunday P.M. - Back in my Baby's Arms - YEE-HAW! - YEE-HAW! Monday Morning back at Work - :blink::angry::P

I am done with WORK!!! I am off for the range here is just about and hour or so! Mean Gun and I have a few days worth of little tasks to get ready for you all to show up! If anyone has questions or whatever for me between now and then, you will have to call me, 937-869-0824.

Check the match schedule on our web site! We have added a potluck meet and greet for Thursday at 6pm for anyone who is already in town. Mean Gun and I are hosting this and supplying the chicken wings and pulled pork. You all just bring a covered dish. Yes, a tub of tater salad from the local market is fine for those who are from out of town and have no place to cook! See you all there I hope!

Doc wanted me to clarify, he didn't really mean "tater salad" he meant bring a dessert and crown royal!

I gotcha yer back Doc!

well doc and I along with buckshot put in a good day at the range.everything pretty much ready, tomorrow we will assign all the possees and print score sheets and sheets for the side matchs. To anyone that wanted fcgf..we will be having it. waiting on my lovely bride to get back home, we are gonna join doc at the red lobster for a nice meal out in town. Then back ta work in the mornin.....I am really looking forward to this match....And as a bonus the weather forecast is about as good as it gets. :)

Glad you added FCGF.

That's what I signed up for with Frontiersman as back-up.

Gunfighter with cap guns = Too Much Fun.

Made my day reading that.

See y'all Thursday evening.

--Dawg

Glad you added FCGF.

That's what I signed up for with Frontiersman as back-up.

Gunfighter with cap guns = Too Much Fun.

Made my day reading that.

See y'all Thursday evening.

--Dawg

we aims to please. :) be good to see ya again dawg.

Hey MGM,

Did you bring any of your Beef Jerky with ya? That is some good stuff! KCDrover

a batch is gonna hit the oven tomorrow evening.....will be ready on fri. I will make sure you get a couple of strips. It does go quick though. :FlagAm: see ya soon

Doc and Mean Gun,

I am going to have to withdraw from the match. An unexpected business trip out of town came up. Tell Smokey I won't be there Friday to help with side matches. :(

Archived