SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship

Samuel "Doc" Eells

Are there any other hotels in Piqua that are not expensive and not a total dump?

I think the ones listed on your website are booked full.

Thanks!

Hey there Snakebite. There is a Knights in as well in Piqua. How nice it is I really don't know. as of about a week ago they had 20 rooms available. Just down interstate 75 in Troy are several other hotels that might not be as busy. They would be about 20=25 minutes from the range. That is all I can give you at this time. Hope you find something that works for ya. We would love having you shoot with us!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad that all you guys are comin! It will be great to have Duke for his first trip to Piqua! I am certain he will not regret! I know you do PR for us Dan, sure do appreciate it too! Mose, it is on like donkey kong my friend! Speed Rifle, you and me, head to head, mono y mono!!!!! Who will rise above, that would be me! I had a rifle run yesterday that was so fast, that on a 10 shot run....I had 12 pieces of brass in the air at the same time! Now that is fast! So Mose, be scared, be very scared! As for the rest of ya'll, sure will be great to have you at our little shoot! After all, without shooters, we could not have a shoot! You are the ones who make it great! :P

DAN does great PR for all of us a real stand up cowboy he is.

NOW DOC Only 12 pieces of brass heck I know a 12 year old kid than do that.

Well at Saturdays match I shot a ten shot run that when I finished the Black heckolopters landed and wanted to see my class 3 permit :lol:

Now THATS FAST! I AIN"T SCART!

MOSE

But Mose, what I did not say, cause I did not want to sound all...well...you know, big headed, was that the timer did not even pick up 1 shot! That is right, ten shots fired, 12 pieces of brass in the air at once, and the timer never recorded the first shot! I shot though. All 5 of the freshly painted targets had 2 hits within an inch of center!!!!! By the way, the run was outside, outside, inside, inside, middle twice! Blind folded! Backwards sighting with a mirror! Now I know Mr. Spencer, that you can't top that! See, Doc Pain gave me the hot tip, use telephone poles for dry fire targets as I drive down the road. Really speeds you up!

Welz,,,phoeey,,,,Mose an Doc yue awl sez yura phast,,,humphhhhh, wie jus tha othur dey Ize schot a tin shot riful strang thit twas soooooo fas evun doots came a runnin tu see whu et twas,,,tha timur onleest pikt up wun schot and awl tha brass meltet entu wun solid peece....an tha timur stopt b4 et got tu a singul secund......thin Ize had tu flood tha riful wit lotz o oel cuz et wuza bout tu seeze up frum tha heet.....

Yas sur, tha's wut happent shure az yura both unner 2 hunert pounz..... :P

Luv yall, (en a non homo way, of course) :o

Cheyenne :D

Well Sir Pepper I believe you completely just have one question who is this Duece person you speak of :rolleyes: oh yeah and your hour glass was broke better put new sand in it.

Now Doc telephone poles it what my daddy taught me to shoot when I was a baby he said that the MEN could shoot the fence post at a smooth 100 mph and DRY fire ? I like to shoot them post with 22's normally can shoot 1000 rounds or so on the way to Ohio and had a clean trip last year.

NOW THATS FAST.

Oh my Mose, You just think your all that and a bag of chips! Your talk of fence posts gave me an idea to try! I got a local friend to take me up in their company jet! I took a bead on the barbs on the top strand of barb wire and with 2 pistols, 5 rounds each and a rifle with 10+1 proceeded to take out 21 barbs. It took one shot to get on to the timing, so I shot one, skipped one, then took out the next 20 in a row! And that means I did not skip one to do the rifle reload! Now that, that is just faster than greased lightning!

Shy Annie, I would just have to see that molten brass to believe it! B)

My first Ohio State.

Looking forward to:

1. Enjoying Doc and Mark's hard work.

2. Watching Mose make Doc cry in Speed Rifle

3. Watching Deuce make Mose cry in Speed Everything.

4. Watching Crown Royal make everything better.

5. Seeing old friends.

D.S.rolleyes.gif

My first Ohio State.

Looking forward to:

5. Seeing old friends.

D.S.rolleyes.gif

I am certain you will not be let down on any of these points with the exception of number 2! As for number 4, well.....

Just be good havin ya join us!

My first Ohio State.

Looking forward to:

5. Seeing old friends.

D.S.rolleyes.gif

Hey duck who woke you.

Mark hard work yes Doc hard work HA!

Me and Doc won't be crying were shootin rifles not cuttin onions.

Deuce who? :lol:

Crown Royal Good ( so I hear)

You will also make new freinds

All BS aside glad you are going it will be great to have ya there.

MOSE

Might haveta bring 2 bottles of rum to this one.......Even though its the second bottle that gets me into trouble :rolleyes: looking forward to fun with lots of good friends.. :)

Are there any other hotels in Piqua that are not expensive and not a total dump?

I think the ones listed on your website are booked full.

Thanks!

Sidney just north of the range has 2 or 3 hotels. Nothing fancy but not bad. If you take a back way in to the range it is only about a 10 min. Drive

ATTENTION: Mean Gun Mark just talked to the good folks at The La Quinta Inn, in Piqua. They had 10 rooms open up and they have blocked them off for us!!!! The number listed on the Miami Valley Cowboy web site for La Quinta is wrong! I have sent a message to our web master, but until it is changed, the right number is:

937-615-0140. When you call to make a reservation, be sure to tell them that you are there with the SASS Miami Valley Cowboys Shoot to get the discounted rate. It will save you about 30 bucks a night or better!

Web site has been changed! The correct number is up! Thanks Gray Hare!!

I wasn't aware that Mose still cowboy shot......I had heard that he had been hired as T-Bones full time boot polisher.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! this iz me gittn otta tha way................... :lol::o:P

CC B)

Heeee Haaaaa Duck of Death.. I thought they were talkin about you.. :) There just can't be two Ducks of death.. Are you going to the Shoot? Looks like its gonea be a gooden.. ;) I see Doots started in on Mose.. :) Might be Pretty expensive for gas But I'll try and make this one.. :unsure: You know that I'm not one for trash talkin, but untill my app and money is in ..I hope you do come to this shoot becouse with you there , there will be at least one person I can Whoop... :lol:

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Rut Row Scooby! Sounds like Deuce is firin up the ol smack talk! Deuce, I know you are first rate with a pair of Rugers, but how are ya at shootin off your mouth? Mose is pretty well polished in this regard. I think this could get interesting! Please boys, carry on!

This sounds like it's gonna get good. I believe I'll just stay back and watch.....

KK

I wasn't aware that Mose still cowboy shot......I had heard that he had been hired as T-Bones full time boot polisher.

DAMMMMMMMM!!!

That was great !! I might just steal that one and use it on some one else.

I ain't normally at a loss for words but dam,

Now just for every ones information I originally tried to get hired on by Jimmy Spurs but I couldn't get Deuce to set him down long enough to get an interview.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Every one should be getting signed up for this Tri-State event its gonna be awesome.

DAMMMMMMMM!!!

That was great !! I might just steal that one and use it on some one else.

I ain't normally at a loss for words but dam,

Now just for every ones information I originally tried to get hired on by Jimmy Spurs but I couldn't get Deuce to set him down long enough to get an interview.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Every one should be getting signed up for this Tri-State event its gonna be awesome.

Spoken by a true gentleman.

And with that I'm gonna retire from this here thread. But seriously. If you have not been to the Ohio state match you are missing out. It's been a must attend event for me for some time. One of the best kept secrets in the midwest. Good targets,good stages,good people. Pleas come and join the fun.

Well shucks, just wen I dun thot o a gudun duece retires frum tha fraycus,,,,,hmmmm i feel like tweety burd,,,,oh welp, yup i duze et... :o

Imma suprized thit duece had tha time tu reply,,,wut wit sweepun Jimmys trailer out......sorry duece, I dunt thin of a gudun farry oftun... :P

how's yur knee comin along.....i figure Ize ought to du some distance runnun tu git en shape.... ;)

Cheyenne, easy targit, Culpepper B)

Well shucks, just wen I dun thot o a gudun duece retires frum tha fraycus,,,,,hmmmm i feel like tweety burd,,,,oh welp, yup i duze et... :o

Imma suprized thit duece had tha time tu reply,,,wut wit sweepun Jimmys trailer out......sorry duece, I dunt thin of a gudun farry oftun... :P

how's yur knee comin along.....i figure Ize ought to du some distance runnun tu git en shape.... ;)

Cheyenne, easy targit, Culpepper B)

I'd hate for a certain gun a certain cowboy has on order to get forgotten about in all this excitement.

I'd hate for a certain gun a certain cowboy has on order to get forgotten about in all this excitement.

Wups,,,,,did Ize say Duece,,,Ize ment Doc ells,,,yup, tha's wut ize ment,,,, ;):)

Cheyenne, whose dun sole his stoegers, Culpepper ;)

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.....Shy Annie! Deuce had his way of putting you in your place, well, I got mine too! I set the posse's for this match! You want to posse with who!

Deuce, Mose, thanks for the support! We really are glad you guys come and are a part of this match.

If a certain shotgun gets lost then Mr. Culpepper will be a shootin a 97 which means he's a shooting GF or somethin else. Cheyenne you better be talkin nice, nice, to Mr. Duece.

kk

ize guess Iwl have tu have my nue bakup en line pretty sune....bettur make a phone call..... :excl:

this heer schute izza gudun....evun iffn I dunt git no respekt :wacko:

Shy Annie, hmmph, Culpepper :P

Oh now don't go poutin Cowpecker! We ain't gonna mistreat ya....to bad! You bringin that new vw micro bus camper to state? Don't forget to call Chuck and get a spot researved!

thit wun fell thru,,,,some unexpected problems,,still lukin fer wun tho, iffn nuthin else Ize steel got tha tag a long

Ize got tham pieces of brass wut weldet thamsefs tugethur, jus gotta figur owt how tu post a pic.....10 peeces thit got sooo hot thay stuk tugathur....wisht i'de hed a video o et,,,,,lukt lak wun peece o brass comin out nsted o 10 sepert wuns.....

Cheyenne, dangerfield, coolpepper, whu dunt git NOOOOOOOOO respekt! :blush:

Archived