SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship

Samuel "Doc" Eells

It is finally here! The registration form for The Shootout at Hard Times, The SASS Ohio State Championship! Here is a link to our web site where you can find the form. It is set up to where you can fill it out on line and then print it out. Pretty user friendly that way. Also, coming soon to the same web page will be a little information on the Tri-STate Championship between Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. With this info will be a picture of the buckle, let's just say that I want one! Sorry we are late getting this stuff out this year. We are under new management, Me and Mean Gun Mark, and we aren't the most organized yet, YET! We will be having the same great steak dinner, sponsored by Mose and Bella this go around, thanks so much guys, and we will be adding 2 stages to the match making it 12 stages. There will be a couple other new surprises this year as well. Hope to see a lot of new faces with the usual vagrants at this years match. Oh, Sorry Drover, hope that vagrant comment did not offend you!

Ohio State Home Page

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Filled it out this afternoon & dropped it at the post office!

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter!

Cowboy shooting at its best!

I tell you what!

Stone Creek Drifter will be shaking in his boots. :lol:

Black Jack Beeson too! :P

Yeehaw -- but this will be fun -- My first Ohio State Match -- Can't wait!

--Dawg

Direct link to the application http://www.miamivalleycowboys.org/state%20shoot/hard%20times%20reg.pdf This is gonna be another good one. Really looking forward to it. Piqua is one of my favorite places to shoot. With you guys being the first leg in the TRI-STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....it otta be a good one. Teaming your shoot up with Michigan and Indiana State Shoots with a nice big belt BUCKLE for the Tri State winner in each category (Buckles to be given out at the Ind State Shoot)....it's gonna be cool.

KK

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!!!! :D

Now the question is :huh: ..........BW or FCGF!!!! B) Git ready for EOT or.....hmmmm -_- only tha shadow knows..... :lol:

Cheyenne :P

Charlie, Tammy, can't wait! I will see you before then though, at the Classic. Dawg, I promise we will not let you down! I will be seeing you before Ohio as well. I will be seeing you at Koruption in Paradise! I hear the guy writing the stages there does a great job! K.K. thanks for the support! This Tri-State Championship is going to be great! A chance for some to win a buckle for the first time! Cheyenne, your category has always been B Western, Shoot it! I am getting excited about this one! We are going to put on a good time for sure!

Oh sure Doc, TELL me what to du???? :P and I did shoot GF furst...an it wud be a nice warm up for EOT.....hmmmm :wacko: what tu du,,what tu du :wacko: .....I know,,, :unsure: Iwl have fun no matter what I shoot...... :lol:

Cheyenne :P;)B)

I filled out my app and printed it yesterday. If I send it in now I'm sure someone will think I'm an imposter and that the real Buffy has been kidnapped by aliens.

I filled out my app and printed it yesterday. If I send it in now I'm sure someone will think I'm an imposter and that the real Buffy has been kidnapped by aliens.

buffy just let it sit there till about june 1st...Mail it on the second, Then we will know its really you. :lol: besides I got a brand new sharpie! :rolleyes:

Just an FYI.. if you haven't made your hotel reservations.. you may want to do so. I made reservations last night and there were only a few rooms left at the Comfort Inn..( and I may have gotten the last few) and none at La Quinta across the street. I know there are more in the area, but seeing as there is another event in town that weekend, I thought I'd just give you all a heads up.

Blue Hare

Be sure to tell them you are with the cowboy shooters. There were 15 rooms at comfort inn and 10 rooms at the la quinta blocked off for us. There is also an older hotel next to the la quinta. Knights inn 937-773-2314. But they wouldnt block any rooms for us and what they have is first come first serve. There are several nice hotels just south of piqua in the troy area and are within 20 mins of the range.If anybody needs help or assistance pm me or I can be reached on my cell 937 219 4376. mean gun :)

I can't wait my first trip to Piqua was a few years ago now and have not missed one since then.

Folks this is a hidden gem of a match don't let the fact that Doc is involved bother ya though they still have a lot people that can shoot good helping out also. :lol:

really sign up and go to this !!!

Save me the official Mose Mobile spot we will be there.

See ya

MOSE

Love you too Mose! And even after that statement, you got your usual parking spot! We are really going to have a great time again! The match and all the details are coming together very well! But before this match is the Midwest Classic, And for sure I will be there!

Ruger Ray and Fancy Free Spirit will be there. We both will be shooting the HOLY BLACK. We will be staying in our traveling cabin. Looking forward to it.

Be sure to tell them you are with the cowboy shooters. There were 15 rooms at comfort inn and 10 rooms at the la quinta blocked off for us. There is also an older hotel next to the la quinta. Knights inn 937-773-2314. But they wouldnt block any rooms for us and what they have is first come first serve. There are several nice hotels just south of piqua in the troy area and are within 20 mins of the range.If anybody needs help or assistance pm me or I can be reached on my cell 937 219 4376. mean gun :)

Mark, we've had our motel reservations for quite awhile; just waiting to get all the applications filled out. Looking forward to shooting with you fellas again; hopefully on one of you guys' posses.

Hey Doc,

If you would like to hang a sign on me, which the word Vagrant is printed upon such plaquered; I mind not; as long as it is at the Friday Night Steak Dinner. CuZ, Neighbor, that is the Greatest Steak in SASS. If you wish to call me a Vagrant because I am sleeping under Mose and Bella's table with all the gold on it; I wouldn't mind that, because I would have just finished eathing (the word typed prior to this comment is not mispelled, it is a typo. I wouldn't want anyone starting an entire thread because of a simple typo) the Greatest Steak in SASS. Call me a Vagrant if you must, just don't call me "not there". :unsure::lol: KCD

Hey Doc,

If you would like to hang a sign on me, which the word Vagrant is printed upon such plaquered; I mind not; as long as it is at the Friday Night Steak Dinner. CuZ, Neighbor, that is the Greatest Steak in SASS. If you wish to call me a Vagrant because I am sleeping under Mose and Bella's table with all the gold on it; I wouldn't mind that, because I would have just finished eathing (the word typed prior to this comment is not mispelled, it is a typo. I wouldn't want anyone starting an entire thread because of a simple typo) the Greatest Steak in SASS. Call me a Vagrant if you must, just don't call me "not there". :unsure::lol: KCD

Say What>

I mean the term vagrant affectionately! Why I am a vagrant myself! Steak! Oh yea baby! You are so right about it being the best in SASS! Always plenty to go round too! My keyboard is getting wet, from the drool.

In my travels at work today ,I stopped by the Knights Inn. They still have about 20 rooms available that weekend.They are offering a discount for us, just tell em your there for the cowboy shoot. The La Quinta hotel had more rooms blocked for another group which I am trying to get switched over for us soon also. More details as they become available.

Doc, you must be rained out too. :angry:^_^ KCD

Why yes I did Drover. A rainy day like this would have made for some good nappin, but, I have a sleep study tonight and was not allowed to take a nap....darn it! With the rain today, tomorrow will be wet as well. Then more rain Sunday night and Monday......At least it will be nice for our first shoot of the year for the Miami Valley Cowboys in Piqua! Hey Drover, about that steak, are we gonna be scrappin like junk yard dogs for the last of the leftovers? Just so you know, be sure to thank Mose and Bella, they are sponsoring the steak dinner this year! That is awesome! :excl:

I hope it goes well. "sweet dreams"

Mose and Bella are two stellar human beings! I hope they use the same steak folks. KCD

Oh yea, same people cooking the same flat iron steaks from the same butcher shop. They are just throwing a wad of cash our way to pay for it!!! Maybe we better let them have first dibs on leftovers! I can taste it now! Blue, Gray whoever you are....Hey, blue and gray sounds a lot like a conflict that took place at one time round this republic.....anyway, as I was sayin, sure would be great to see you guys Sunday! National weather service is saying sunny and 60 degrees! I can't wait!

Oh yea, same people cooking the same flat iron steaks from the same butcher shop. They are just throwing a wad of cash our way to pay for it!!! Maybe we better let them have first dibs on leftovers! I can taste it now! Blue, Gray whoever you are....Hey, blue and gray sounds a lot like a conflict that took place at one time round this republic.....anyway, as I was sayin, sure would be great to see you guys Sunday! National weather service is saying sunny and 60 degrees! I can't wait!

Doc...will be great to see you too! Looks like we'll be there! Yee HAW!

Blue

What would a match be with out hick ups? Well there have been a few in the planning of this state match, but fear not, we are on it and things are on track! We had a meeting today to get some more stuff ironed out and we are sitting pretty good as of right now! I know there are some of you making your first trip to Piqua and the Miami Valley Cowboys, I don't think you will be disappointed. When the Likes of Deuce Stevens calls this one of his favorite places to shoot, and Mose Spencer calls it one of the best kept secrets in SASS, you know we do some stuff right! Sure can't wait to have you all come play with us. Also, don't forget the Tri-State Championship! Anything can happen while shooting your way through 3 major matches! This is an event where the underdog has a real chance at one really nice trophy buckle! See you all on the trail!

Heee Haaa Doc..Underdog I resemble that remark.. ;) I'm not doing any trash-talkin till my app is in.. :blush: I don't know if the grand-daughter grads.june 2 or the 9th.. :huh: I should know next week. -_- Soes I'm not sayin a word.. :D

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

SMACK TALKIN .

Doc last year I tried that one handed game of yours and that little feller in Texas even used one of them claw hammered shotguns. We will just say that it did not work out so good for me especially after the night of cocktails at Docs Bunkhouse :lol:

This year I won't do that so the game is on and oh yeah bet I can get ya on the speed rifle also.

Can't wait

MOSE

Hey Doc,

Sure lookin' forward to the shoot!! Me and Bo are comin' and I think that my hoosier compadre', Duke Skywalker, is planning it too, not sure just who else yet!! I've bragged on the Piqua state shoot for so long that some folks over here are gonna invest in some of Obama's $5 gasoline and come anyway!! Lordy!!!!

Gonna be a "Hoot"!! (And KCD is right about that flat iron steak)!!

Hey Doc,

Sure lookin' forward to the shoot!! Me and Bo are comin' and I think that my hoosier compadre', Duke Skywalker, is planning it too, not sure just who else yet!! I've bragged on the Piqua state shoot for so long that some folks over here are gonna invest in some of Obama's $5 gasoline and come anyway!! Lordy!!!!

Gonna be a "Hoot"!! (And KCD is right about that flat iron steak)!!

Great to see you are bringing the Duck of Death with Dan, I thought if I went as far as Ohio I might get away from that speed demon :)

Good to see ya all there.

MOSE

I am glad that all you guys are comin! It will be great to have Duke for his first trip to Piqua! I am certain he will not regret! I know you do PR for us Dan, sure do appreciate it too! Mose, it is on like donkey kong my friend! Speed Rifle, you and me, head to head, mono y mono!!!!! Who will rise above, that would be me! I had a rifle run yesterday that was so fast, that on a 10 shot run....I had 12 pieces of brass in the air at the same time! Now that is fast! So Mose, be scared, be very scared! As for the rest of ya'll, sure will be great to have you at our little shoot! After all, without shooters, we could not have a shoot! You are the ones who make it great! :P

Archived