SASS Wire Forum

Help, Help, Help!

Bama Red

I have done something to my display and can't get it back where I had it. The display is too wide for the screen (using an Acer 21" flatscreen monitor) and I'm afraid I have really fouled it up trying to fix it. I've tried going to "View" and then using "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" to no avail. I've tried adjusting the resolution without noting what my default setting was and that caused some real troubles. Any Mac pros out there with any ideas to help. If you would rather call to help me resolve the problem, PM me and I'll send you my cell #, otherwise, just fire away here.

I have done something to my display and can't get it back where I had it. The display is too wide for the screen (using an Acer 21" flatscreen monitor) and I'm afraid I have really fouled it up trying to fix it. I've tried going to "View" and then using "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" to no avail. I've tried adjusting the resolution without noting what my default setting was and that caused some real troubles. Any Mac pros out there with any ideas to help. If you would rather call to help me resolve the problem, PM me and I'll send you my cell #, otherwise, just fire away here.

Howdy Bama. Go to System Preferences (under the Apple icon, top left) and select "Displays". 1920 x 1080 pixels is a good place to start. Depending on your version of 10x Mac OS, you may see "(stretched)" alongside the resolution. You shouldn't be needing that option.

If this doesn't help, try doing a Google search for your monitor to see what the recommended display setting is.

Good luck!

It ain't you Bama. It's on PCs today, too.

SASS site/server did something?

RED, go to view-zoom-reset.

Thanks, Folks! I do think it was something from the SASS website. When I got my pooter back up this evening, everything was hunky-dory.

Archived