SASS Wire Forum

Birth Of A Tornado

Yep, been there and done that more than once. If that driver in the little station wagon survived I bet a change of underwear was in order.

Yes Sir...back in my truckin days, had two back me and one in front of me.

I did have to change my pants.......was going commando at da time ! :blink:

Watched one form up when I was in high school. Clouds started swirling around and concentrating ... was like watching water going down a drain, only up.

The one phenomenom I remember most was the pressure difference. Felt like somebody was sitting on my chest.

Watched one form up when I was in high school. Clouds started swirling around and concentrating ... was like watching water going down a drain, only up.

The one phenomenom I remember most was the pressure difference. Felt like somebody was sitting on my chest.

Want your ears popped in stacatto? These will do it big time!

Back when I was in college, the wife and I took a drive out to the Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge, north of Lawton, OK. We drove into a thunderstorm which rapidly got worse, turned into high wind and hail, then like driving through a wall, we were in a clear area maybe a 1/4 mile diameter. Kinda like the eye of a hurricane. I pointed and told the wife, "Look at that big dust devil." "Biggest one I've ever seen." she replied. It was obvious we were on a course to meet on the road, I just drove through it. It rocked the car pretty hard. Then like driving through another wall, we were back in hailstorm, then heavy rain, then out of the whole thing.

We were both too stupid to be scared, never thought about it actually being a tornado till we got back home and saw the news.

I don't know if God looks out for stupid people all the time, but He sure did that time! :lol:

Archived