SASS Wire Forum

One warriors thoughts

From the website's "about us" page:

Medium Difficulty is a safe space for women, transpeople, people of colour, and anyone who feels underrepresented within the wider games/geek/nerd community. Welcome aboard.

From the article:

I asked him if he ever thought about the woman and her kid and he just looked at me blankly.

He didn’t even remember they were there.

I highly doubt that. For most servicemembers, such an incident would torment them for decades.

It’s because the vast majority of us are straight up sociopaths.

Standard liberal caricature of "soljurs"

The world needs to be made aware of my kind: the silent majority of fighters, those that do not care about politics, religion, ethics, or anything else other than war for war’s sake.

See above.

I agree with the sentiment about trivialized video-game violence, and I certainly have my own issues with the military, but this to me seems a run-of-the-mill bashing of the armed forces by a left-leaning group: the individual who wrote it and the staff who published it.

I generally don't pay attention to anonymous authors. It's impossible to check on the writer's bonifides, which is important when someone is claiming combat experience. After reading the article, it's obvious the author is not an American and we have no idea of his political or philosophical leanings.

What I do have is an entire adulthood of military service, which I terminated recently when I decided I wanted more money for doing the same job.

While it's true the contractor jobs are full of ex-military, a statement like that indicates the person has a different motivation than many professional soldiers who are in the job to serve their country rather than monetary gain.

“You’re probably just a complete bastard.”

Interesting medical diagnosis.

While I agree about the crap in warfare video games, my BS meter is pegging over on the writer who for some reason feekls he must conceal his identity. <_<

I generally don't pay attention to anonymous authors. It's impossible to check on the writer's bonifides, which is important when someone is claiming combat experience. After reading the article, it's obvious the author is not an American and we have no idea of his political or philosophical leanings.

While it's true the contractor jobs are full of ex-military, a statement like that indicates the person has a different motivation than many professional soldiers who are in the job to serve their country rather than monetary gain.

Interesting medical diagnosis.

While I agree about the crap in warfare video games, my BS meter is pegging over on the writer who for some reason feekls he must conceal his identity. <_<

Bob I have never been in combat but but in the first couple of paragraphs something just didn't sound right so I guess my BS meter was going off too

Perhaps the original post could be re-titled "One (alleged) Warrior's Thoughts". <_<;)

The one thing that got my attention is the part about the soldier not remembering blowing up a mother and her child.

I have read stories of this happening. The experience was so traumatic the person forgot about it or changed the events in their mind to try to forget about it. Years later something is triggered and the real version comes back.

This last December - January, a Marine corp vet was arrested on suspision of 6 murders. He fatally stabbed each victim at least 40 times. The local docs beleive this guys actions were caused by PTSD. Maybe he was damaged before he got in the service, maybe not.

I know many good people who have joined the military for the right reasons. How many have joined for the wrong reasons? I think this is what the author was asking?!

I love it when Bob makes his little Freudian slips. :lol:

Archived