SASS Wire Forum

Message from "IKE" to his men

Here's an original message that "IKE" gave to his men on completion of their mission in Europe. Probable your fathers, grandfathers, received and may still have an original one. This is framed and has a place of honor.

Thought I would share this. :FlagAm: MT

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z72/marshaltroop/theend.jpg

Ike was the true leader all young officers should strive to be.

I believe that he reached his greatness because he understood that tacticians win battles while logisticians win wars.

Always been one of my personal heroes. For a good read, I'd recommend his autobiography, "At Ease."

As an aside - and this in no way denigrates the man's accomplishments - it's ironic to learn that he himself had no actual battle experience.

Always been one of my personal heroes. For a good read, I'd recommend his autobiography, "At Ease."

As an aside - and this in no way denigrates the man's accomplishments - it's ironic to learn that he himself had no actual battle experience.

Exactly. He was chosen to lead because he was a Logistical genius.

I'm not so sure about the lack of battle experience - he went up against Monty during the entire European campaign! :o

I'm not so sure about the lack of battle experience - he went up against Monty during the entire European campaign! :o

:lol: Didn't everybody...? :P

Archived