SASS Wire Forum

Ramblings of an old cuss

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMC

Do NOT forget the 2 cylce oil and EXTRA $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the fuel tank filling :angry:

$4.00 a gallon today to fill the boat :blink:

CB

It is only a 3 gallon tank. One of the perks of having a small boat and engine.

Good Morning. A wonderful start to a glorious day, Happy Easter! It's a crisp, clear 34 degrees now and will be sunny with a high in the mid 60's. We'll be off to church in a bit and then come home for a nice Easter dinner.

BMC

Hope all goes well with the MRS. , doing in to sugery Tues am .

Got a nice morning started , But , I will not be doing anything fun

Y'all need to get me a fishing report , even if it is FALSE

will try to pick up some supplys this week , got an IDEA for a jig and fly

see ya after a bit

CB

Good Morning, It a cold and blustery 36 degrees with winds out of the northwest. Got some sun with a mix of clouds and a high of 50.

Hope you all had a good Easter.

According to reliable sources in the Catskills hatches of the early Mayflies are fantastic and the fish are feeding on top. The Quill Gordons are about peak and Hendricksons are coming on strong. The water levels are ideal for wading, in fact, quite below normal flow levels for this time of year. The drift boats are not in the picture as the water's too low for them. The conditions for fly fishing have been poor however due to wind but the guys are catching a few fish. Some of you westerners used to windy conditions ought to drift out this way to show us how it's done :)

Good Morning, It a cold and blustery 36 degrees with winds out of the northwest. Got some sun with a mix of clouds and a high of 50.

Hope you all had a good Easter.

According to reliable sources in the Catskills hatches of the early Mayflies are fantastic and the fish are feeding on top. The Quill Gordons are about peak and Hendricksons are coming on strong. The water levels are ideal for wading, in fact, quite below normal flow levels for this time of year. The drift boats are not in the picture as the water's too low for them. The conditions for fly fishing have been poor however due to wind but the guys are catching a few fish. Some of you westerners used to windy conditions ought to drift out this way to show us how it's done :)

Isn't that always the way. Conditions are great, wind is also. :)

Just get yourself a 8 wt, with a size 6 streamer and a shooting head line.

BBW

Break out the wollybuggers , go for the big one :)

If you are fighting wind , a 6 wt fast action is the rod to go to ,

not knowing the streams and distance being cast , anything under 60 ft or so is easy to shoot with a WF or a Triangle tapper , if the wind is under 20 to 25 mph , IMO

If the wind is higher than that a 7 or 8 is in order , then the WOR* starts to take all the fun out of it :blink:

CB

Tied up some 1/8 oz jig heads with yellow and olive marabou for perch fishing in Lake Washington later in the spring. This will be gear fishing tho. Might tie some yellow buggers and my standbys black and olive buggers. Say a #10 hook

BMC

I had never thought of the olive and yellow , , olive and black , yellow and black , I have done many times .

makes me wonder about Brown and black , I have not seen a brown dyed grizzley saddle hackle , intresting IDEA

l@@ks like I need to go to the sport shop , on the way home Thurs , gotta see the DR , ref the possable torn rotator cuff ,

thought it would be better by now :huh:

CB

Good Morning all. It's a clear, calmer and a 37 degree start to a cool, partly cloudy day. The high is predicted to be in the low 50's and the wind, not so strong, out of the west.

Thanks for the fly fishing in the wind advice. I think I'll hold off until calmer conditions prevail before I head to the Catskills. I've been out on the local streams but the Beaverkill and East Branch are calling me.

Going to go out and get a new small cultivator/tiller today.

Well, the weather is perfect for some spring trout chasing, but, alas, Momma goes in for her knee surgery today. Important things first.

Reports are that the bugs are starting to move and fish are hungry. Good time to get out and wet a line.

I was looking at a float tube yesterday. Can't make up my mind about a float tube, pontoon boat or a dingy. Looking for small lake stuff.

Heard that Cranberry Lake was loaded with big big German Browns. Might have to run up there after I get my tube.

Good Morning gentlemen. It's 33 degrees with a mix of rain and snow for today and a high in the low 40's.

The quest for the mini tiller continues today.

Good morning mates. Momma's surgery went well yesterday. Thanks for asking. Going to be at the Hospital most of the day today. Will try to get in to see Willie but I have to attend a class on how to

care for Momma, so I don't know.

Beautiful day yesterday and today promises to be a good 'en also. Spring has sprung, at least for a little while. They are calling for rain today, but I can't believe that we would get much, if any. Play Ball.

Momma is doing well. Took five steps with a walker today. Her leg is still under the influence of the drugs.

Didn't get in to see Willie today, but I talked to him on the phone. Still doing test. And it rained hard today. Good bye spring.

Guys

I stopped at the sport shoop today , had not been in in a year or so , they did not have any materials :huh:

Seems they quit carrying them , heard of another fly shop , but I was not gonna backtrack to find it .

I will look it up on the next trip down that way , not that I do not have enough stuff to fool around with :lol:

CB

Good Morning. A chilly 29 degree start to a bright, sunny, mid 60s day.

Got the mini tiller/cultivator yesterday. Finally settled on a Stihl MM55CE. Nice and light plus easy to start. Little Boots loves it.

It'll be less work for now, CB. More time for fishin and turkey hunting.

BMC, Hope all is continuing to go well with your wife's knee.

My first Cowboy match for this year is tomorrow. It's supposed to be a nice day. Got to gather up the gear and pack the truck.

Thanks BBW. I think they might spring her today. She is doing well with the exercises. She still has some drug issues to deal with in her leg, but other than that she seems to be doing well.

at least when she is home, I will not have to drive all the way over to the hospital to see her.

Momma is home. No problems getting her in the house. She had a nice lunch and now she is taking a nap.

Took a happy pill and it put her out. Thanks to all you gave your support. Sure do appreciate it.

Archived