SASS Wire Forum

Ramblings of an old cuss

Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

Sounds like a good arsenal. You might look into some Mahogany duns for later in the season.

And the standby, elk hair caddis.

BMC, I have a pretty good supply of dries and terrestrials built up. I don't lose them like I do the nymphs.

BBW, If you are not losing flies deep you are not fishing them correctly. Old Fisherman's proverb.

Chickasaw Bill, SASS #70001

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

FISHIN' REPORT

I thought about you guys this am , sitting in the boat , with a Hot cup of coffee .

Got blown off the water , wind up pretty good

Before that happened 5 crappie and 2 white bass , junped into the livewell

They are now residing in the fridge

Kept about 1/2 of what I cuaght , ended up catching 6 or 7 species of fish

CB

That's the makings of a good supper for you CB. We're havin store bought fish tonight.

So is Chickasaw.

I couldn't resist that one, Chickasaw. :lol:

I'm just jealous that you got out and I didn't. Dang rain.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBW

The wind has laid quite a bit .Real tempting to go back out , the white bass tend to tear things up in the pm .

I think I will wait till tommarow , maybe go out real early and get off the lake before the weekend folks chop it up

Already got the boat put up , need to go clean it out , I have way too much stuff in it .

Water is still off color , Chart with a neon head was the jig of the day , cuaght all but 1 by 9:30 then went graphing

Should have stayed in the cove where I started , if I go in the am , that is the plan .

Today I caught crappie , black and white , walleye , bream , black bass , rock bass , and white bass , a mixed bag to be sure . The water should settle in the next 2 weeks , then it is time for the lights to come out . FISHIN' in the dark

CB

BMC

I do not have anyone in the boat in the am , Been going out by myself ,

Have not stayed long , just enough to catch a couple to throw back ,

packed the fish and put into the freezer for later ,

gotta find something for supper now

CB

TOFU!

Fish food!

Yep, now that all the ponds/lakes have refilled after last years drought it may be just whats needed to kickstart the fish population.

Ironic that life on Earth is pretty much directly or indirectly dependent on insects. Am always reminded of this little poem that describes different trophic levels to a tee.

Big bugs have little bugs

Upon their backs to bite them.

Little bugs have littler bugs.

And so, ad infinitum.

Johnathan Swift

Good morning, got about an inch of snow overnight. It's foggy with 33 degrees now and it's not going to get much warmer. Supposed have sleet or snow flurries the rest of the day.

The Bluebirds have found the mealworm feeder.

BBW, if you go fishing today, wade wet. :rolleyes:

Welcome to spring.

Lottsa snow in the passes this week end. Winter driving conditions.

Looks like I will not be going over to the Yak anytime soon.

Got flies/ Can travel.

Good morning, it's 82 degrees with bright sun, low humidity and a gentle breeze. The upstairs maid just brought me my champagne and orange juice and is now flouncing around in her French Maid's outfit asking if there is anything else she can do for me.

I have to go for now. I'll give you cusses the rest of the weather report later.

Well :rolleyes:

The wind is going to come up today ,

Water tenp was 70.2 f yeaterday pm .

Black bass on the beds , in the clear water , whites up the river as far as they can go

going to be a STRANGE year , due to the weather :wacko:

Have to fix mowers this afternoon , Tue to Fri cslling for T-storms

CB

I'm awake now..... I must a been dreaming earlier....or was it an APRIL FOOLS :lol:

It's 31 and the cloudy sky is spitting little ice balls. Another cold and dreary day today.

We're going to church in a little while. Maybe I'll get out this afternoon and wet a line.

After that original posting and the Maid thingy, you should go to Church.

Captain Jack got me up an hour early this morning so I am sitting here sipping coffee and waiting for him and Momma to get out of bed. Then it is get ready for Church also. Means I gotta shave around the beard.

Gotta look nice for the wife, ya know. She seems to think I am bum. Hmmmm.

I found out last night that one of the big winners in the lottery was from a town close to where I grew up.

How special is that? Redbud, Illinois. Huh.

He probably doesn't know it, but he is.

:rolleyes:

Where are you going fishing today? What patterns sound good?

I am thinking of going over to the vise and wrapping some white and tan larva.

I just read that they represent caddis larva. Can't hurt.

Back now. I don't think I'll fish today. We're getting some freezing rain and it's miserable day. I think I'll just get my fishing gear squared away and make ready for tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be decent and the opening day crowds will be back to work.

Caddis larva are a good choice around around here in the spring. You got to fish them slow and right on the bottom. The Green Rock Worm and Peaking Caddis are two of the best in the local freestone streams at this time of year.

Hey Guys

Got the mowers almost fixed , gonna have to find some tubes to put into the tires , too cheap to get new tires on the lawn tractors :rolleyes:

Thinking I may get out in the am , while everyone is at wor* , if the wind is not howling , got 25+ mph gusts now

Gotta tye up some jigs Chart with an flame head , do not have any in the boxes

Maybe the fish will want to play :unsure:

CB

Hey Guys

Got the mowers almost fixed , gonna have to find some tubes to put into the tires , too cheap to get new tires on the lawn tractors :rolleyes:

Thinking I may get out in the am , while everyone is at wor* , if the wind is not howling , got 25+ mph gusts now

Gotta tye up some jigs Chart with an flame head , do not have any in the boxes

Maybe the fish will want to play :unsure:

CB

Pink maribou and chenille with a pink lead head.

A beauty of a day here, mid 40s to low 50s with bright sunshine and I spent it trout fishing. Started with a nice breakfast at a local diner then went south to near the Pennsylvania state line. I fished the head waters of the Genesee River south of Wellsville NY. Then worked my way back north and fished the lower parts of the Wiscoy and Eastcoy Creeks. Caught and released 5 Browns and missed several more. Weighted beadhead GR Hare'e Ear and Pheasant Tail nymphs were the bugs of choice. Fished them on the bottom with splitshot and a foam indicator. The streams were in real nice shape for this early in the season.

Well, we finally got a spring day. No rain and into the 60's. I spent most of the day out picking up branches and cleaning off the driveway. Wind is due in again tonight and tomorrow we got rain again. :wacko:

Archived