SASS Wire Forum

Ramblings of an old cuss

BBW

A hand control trolling motor should be just right for that ,

Set the batt , long ways in the canoe , to balance it use a set if jumper cable wires

to increase the leangth of the motor leads , it will steer just like an outboard

THe plus is being able to move the batt to keep it in trim . fore to aft

insted of all the weaight o the stern .

CB

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't take much of a electric to move a canoe. You said square stern? Perfect.

You don't need a big battery but you need a charger. They are pretty cheap.

Quiet, move you at just about any speed you want, but the down side is NO WATER SKIING WITH IT.

Good morning all. It's 20 degrees and sunny, supposed to cloud up later and be in the low 40's the rest of the day. This is the first time the temperature has been below freezing in 15 days.

I thank you for the advice on the electric motor. That would work pretty slick. I'll maybe start looking around for one.

Adding any type of motor, however, will require me then to register it and have insurance on it.

That downside is holdin me back. I was looking forward to towing bikinied hotties around :lol:

BBW

I have all of my boats regestared , including the Scamp , to follow the letter of the law , any boat put on a Federal inpoundment must have numbers here in AR .

I have fished out of it in 6 states and the Gulf of Mexaco , ya know what a bobber feels like when ya get into a big one :lol:

longest boat ride , like that was 1 hr 15 min , being pulled around by a 42 lb catfish , my lab was not much help in gettig it in the boat :huh:

I have cuaght lots of strippers out of it , always a HOOT to get one on the fly rod .

CB

Here in the Empire State if it has any form of propulsion other than muscle or wind it has to be registered. Unless it's used only on a privately owned body of water.

If you guys send me some $$$ I'll buy us our own lake. :) We could even name it. :)

Here in the Empire State if it has any form of propulsion other than muscle or wind it has to be registered. Unless it's used only on a privately owned body of water.

If you guys send me some $$$ I'll buy us our own lake. :) We could even name it. :)

You wouldn't want the state to miss out on a few $$$$s would you.

Yep, mine is registered with the State also.

Good morning gents.

Spent most of the morning watching Davie McPhail tie flies. He us gooooood.

But he uses and ties some flies that I am not sure would represent anything in American waters.

Some are close, but with my fishing skills, probably no cigar.

I did see a new leach pattern that I want to try, but I will tie some with a red bead head and some without.

Just to see if the fish like them. As soon as I get Momma back on her pins, I plan a trip to Lake Washington to try them on the perch. Some table fare.

You forget, Captain Jack and myself are retired. We don't do 0 dark 30. :)

Wait for the water to warm around 1000 hours and fish then and break at lunch, take a nap and catch the afternoon tide. :lol:

BMC

If I hang around at the house that late , someone will come up with something that has to be done , then I will not get to go FISHING :blink:

Kinda got the hankering for some FRESH fish , defentaly need some fresh air , away from town :)

Sitting in the boat with a cup of coffee sounds nice , having a livewell full of crappie sounds even better :lol:

CB

Good morning to all. A fine morning here. The temperature is 54, it's sunny and a little breezy. The high is supposed to be in the mid 60's.

I'm going to have some breakfast, then try and find some plans to make a Bluebird feeder.

Good morning to all. A fine morning here. The temperature is 54, it's sunny and a little breezy. The high is supposed to be in the mid 60's.

I'm going to have some breakfast, then try and find some plans to make a Bluebird feeder.

Feeder or house? Bluebirds aren't much of a seed eater except in dire circumstances. Course you could buy lots of mealworms for em...they'd sure like that. :)

A feeder. We get mealworms, mousey grubs and waxies from a guy that lives a few miles away. He raises them to sell for bait.

Glad they were biting a little for you CB.

Made the Bluebird feeder from some scrap cedar and plexiglass. Put an old small clear glass bowl inside to hold the mealworms.

It is truly a thing of fine craftsmanship and an object of beauty ;)

The food chain Badger, everything's got to eat :) . Like me for instance, I'm slowcookin some Baby Back Ribs on the old Weber grill for supper tonight and they are about ready. LBR made up some some Cole Slaw and's now making some Corn Bread. I'm gonna pour a couple of fingers and enjoy.

BMC, hang in there, once the preparation is done the worst is over. 24 hours from now you'll be doin the Happy Dance.

BBW

So ya made a bird feeder today , I need to come up with something , to keep the redtail hawks around , so far all it takes it getting rid of the crows ,

I have 2 males , whose territory overlap on my place , lots of fun to sit and listen to them give each other whatfor :)

Got a lot of tree rats for em to eat .

CB

BMC

Soon ya will be running full tilt , look out fishes Badger is gunning for ya . :lol:

CB

CB, Hawks vs Crows.

I was hunting turkey a few springs ago and was set up at the edge of a field. I heard and saw a pair of hawks soaring in the sky a couple of hundred feet up. All of a sudden a pair of crows flew out of the woods and started harassing them. The hawks split up, one stayed at the same level but the other climbed. The two crows ganged up on the lower hawk and were dive bombing at it for a couple of minutes. All of a sudden the other hawk dove down from higher up and nailed one of the crows. Black feathers flew and that crow spiraled down like a shot down plane and the other one beat wings back into the woods.

I wished I had a camera to record that as it really was an amazing thing to see.

Archived