SASS Wire Forum

Weather nimrods calling for 8-10" of snow

Iron Pony

Well lets see how well they do on this prediction, supposed to start later this afternoon/evening and go till Thursday evening. If it holds off till after midnight or is only light precip then Jan-Feb goes into the books as the least snowy in many years.

Theres gas in the snowthrower and its ready to go. Regardless snow or not I'm heading out to shoot trap and sight in a newly scoped 22.

National Weather Service (www.weather.gov) is telling me 1-3 inches by morning mixed with rain and sleet. Local weather guessers are saying 2-5".

National Weather Service has been more accurate in the past

Here they are calling for everything under the sun, and maybe some of the sun too. Wind, Snow, clearing, and who knows what else. Another one of those storms from the Pacific Northwest is blowing in. Badger must be eating mexican food again. :D

Well so far their call has been pretty much right on for us here in the Monadnock region. It started with light snow about noon and weve got a good inch of light and fluffy right now in the driveway. Should be a twofer with the snowblower tomorrow, once early and than once later when it winds down.

Didnt stop the trap shooting today though the lighting was such the birds were hard to pick up coming out of the house. Dang snowflakes landing on my face and slipping behind my glasses was making me nuts.

Hey Badger, I didnt shoot it today but used it last weekend in 5 Stand and some trap last Wednesday. Shot it better in the latter than the former but that didnt surprise me. It will take some getting used to the different stock on the O/U but it performed well. Going to leave the modified and improved in the gun for 5 stand and fit the full in the lower bbl for trap. If it holds up to the pace it will be a good buy.

" 5 ft. of snow with wind gust up to 110 mph."

.....so then yew ain't planning on firing up the snow blower any time soon eh?

My dad worked the road project thru Tahoe circa 1955 and delighted in showing off them 30-50' drifts they had to deal with on the old road before the freeway was built.

Well I dont think weve gotten more than 4 inches here as of 0800 hours. Think I'll enjoy the morning coffee then go out and make a pass with my little red buddy. As my interview was rescheduled it looks like a good day to load bp shells for the scatter gun.

Archived