SASS Wire Forum

THE IRISH PROSTITUTE

Red Logan #12252

THE IRISH PROSTITUTE

An Irish daughter had not been home for over 5 years.

Upon her return, her father cursed her heavily.

Where have ye been all this time, child?

Why did ye not write to us, not even a line?

Why didn't ye call?

Can ye not understand what ye put yer old Mother thru? '

The girl, crying, replied, 'Sniff, sniff... Dad.... I became a prostitute.'

'Ye what!!?

Get outta here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner!

You 're a disgrace to this Catholic family.'

'OK, Dad... As ye wish.

I just came back to give Mum this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a $5 million savings certificate.

For me little brother, this gold Rolex.

And for ye, Daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes Limited Edition convertible that ' s parked outside, plus a membership to the country club (takes a breath). And an invitation for ye all to spend New Year's Eve on board my new yacht in the Riviera .'

'Now what was it ye said ye had become? ' says Dad.

Girl, crying again, 'Sniff, sniff..... A prostitute, Daddy! Sniff, sniff.'

'Oh! Be Gorra! Ye scared me half to death, girl!

I thought ye said a Protestant.

Come here and give yer old Dad a hug!!!

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

You tell that joke to coupla frinds of mine... they'll kill ya. Sure as hell-fire.

Jimmy Kelley... and Danny McCrary... you might want to limit yore bigoted posts. Thank goodness they ain't SASS....

But hey... I could care less... I'm Sicilian. You start any WOP, DAGO, or GREASER jokes...

Well...

I'll let ya know.

ts

You tell that joke to coupla frinds of mine... they'll kill ya. Sure as hell-fire.

Jimmy Kelley... and Danny McCrary... you might want to limit yore bigoted posts. Thank goodness they ain't SASS....

But hey... I could care less... I'm Sicilian. You start any WOP, DAGO, or GREASER jokes...

Well...

I'll let ya know.

ts

Well, offense is in the eye of the beholder.

I have heard numerous re-tellings of that joke over the years. Including more than once by a Catholic priest and at least once by a Nun.

The self-depricating humor is based on the broad caracachure whereby the presumption is that tis far worse to change worship patterns than to adhere to the moral code. Ireland and the Irish, for all their/our trouble over the years, have been known from time to time, to have a wee sense of humor.

Now sit back, take a deep breath, and have a wee taste of the Jameson. You will feel better for it.

Slan Augus beannacht De Orth. (Which I was told translates roughly to "Good health, and God be with ye.")

And have another wee dram, on me.

oh, and did you hear the one about the priest in the confessional at Notre Dame campus? A footballer comes in and confesses a long series of intentional fouls he had committed against last week's opponents. Father O/Malley is keeping score with a piece of white chalk, making tick marks along the sleve of his cassock, all the while "Tsk, Tisk" and "Tut, tut" ing under his breadth. At the end of the recitation, his arms is virtually white for the marks and he has planned a week-long novena of penances for the haples player, when Father asks, "And now, lad, just who were you playing, last week?" When the lad replies "Southern Methodist, Father" the good confessor whipes his sleve clean, says, "ah, well, byes will be byes, say one "Our Father" and three "Hail Marys" and be a good lad....." :)

Well...

I'll let ya know.

ts

The more of my posts people read the more they probaly think im a ass. The more posts of yours I read the more I realize your full of shit, or slightly off. Respond with whatever you will, Ill not say anymore.

The more of my posts people read the more they probaly think im a ass. The more posts of yours I read the more I realize your full of shit, or slightly off. Respond with whatever you will, Ill not say anymore.

Hey, L.B., Ol' Studly is just ......Well he's okay if you don't take him seriously. He don't take himself seriously 'cause he knows better.

As to your membership in the American Select Society Helping Others Less Enlightened......... :lol:

Red, this is pushing it but IIRC the first version of this joke I heard was from an Irish priest, think he was from Derry but it might have been Belfast, in about '72-'74 visiting family of a friend.

THE IRISH PROSTITUTE

An Irish daughter had not been home for over 5 years.

Upon her return, her father cursed her heavily.

Where have ye been all this time, child?

Why did ye not write to us, not even a line?

Why didn't ye call?

Can ye not understand what ye put yer old Mother thru? '

The girl, crying, replied, 'Sniff, sniff... Dad.... I became a prostitute.'

'Ye what!!?

Get outta here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner!

You 're a disgrace to this Catholic family.'

'OK, Dad... As ye wish.

I just came back to give Mum this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a $5 million savings certificate.

For me little brother, this gold Rolex.

And for ye, Daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes Limited Edition convertible that ' s parked outside, plus a membership to the country club (takes a breath). And an invitation for ye all to spend New Year's Eve on board my new yacht in the Riviera .'

'Now what was it ye said ye had become? ' says Dad.

Girl, crying again, 'Sniff, sniff..... A prostitute, Daddy! Sniff, sniff.'

'Oh! Be Gorra! Ye scared me half to death, girl!

I thought ye said a Protestant.

Come here and give yer old Dad a hug!!!

Not too good for the healthy wire. Shame on you.

Ya know, I read it and smiled. Called the wife over, she read it and laughed. And yes, I have Irish blood in my background. Seems like we have to be politically correct no matter what even for jokes.

Enjoy it for what it was meant to be, a joke. Keep your bias' to yourselves.

Well...

I'll let ya know.

ts

Mama Mia, another member of that lost indian tribe known as the Awopahoes. (P.S. My GrandParrents were from around Naples, Italia and my Uncle Tony told me that joke when I was a kid.)

The more posts of yours I read the more I realize your full of shit, or slightly off.

So... what's yore point, friend?

ts

Mama Mia, another member of that lost indian tribe known as the Awopahoes. (P.S. My GrandParrents were from around Naples, Italia and my Uncle Tony told me that joke when I was a kid.)

Hey... paisan. Mother from Catania... Father from Palermo. 'Bout the joke... been tole it a thousand times. But got to take up for my friends (although I could care less).... this time a year... they sure hate the jokes. They keep remindin' me... "if it weren't fer whiskey... they would have ruled the world".

ts

Hey, L.B., Ol' Studly is just ......Well he's okay if you don't take him seriously. He don't take himself seriously 'cause he knows better.

As to your membership in the American Select Society Helping Others Less Enlightened......... :lol:

Hey Slackwater... sure do appreciate you, my good Pard. At least somebody really does understand me.

hehehe

ts

Hey Slackwater... sure do appreciate you, my good Pard. At least somebody really does understand me.

hehehe

ts

Spoken like a true Dago :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoken like a true Dago :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehe... don't make me come on out to Utired... drink adult beverages... and ride horses wiya.

ts

I laughed...does that count for anything?

I could get offended by all the redneck jokes....but I dont

TS maybe be full of it, but it gets kinda boring when hes not around. I always look forward to seeing what he will say next and also look forward to getting to meet him somewhere down the trail one day

I laughed...does that count for anything?

I could get offended by all the redneck jokes....but I dont

TS maybe be full of it, but it gets kinda boring when hes not around. I always look forward to seeing what he will say next and also look forward to getting to meet him somewhere down the trail one day

"could get offended by all the redneck jokes"

that made me laugh

I guess that's like me saying I "could get offended by all the blonde jokes"

I guess that's like me saying I "could get offended by all the blonde jokes"

Reminds me of a Dolly Parton interview I once saw. She was asked, "Do you get offended by all the blonde jokes?"

She sly replies, "Why no honey!....cuz you see (lowers voice to whisper)....I'm not really blonde." (laughs hysterically afterward). :)

Will somebody post a good lawyer joke that I haven't heard? I need a good laugh today.......or maybe I just feel the need to be offended. :wacko:

:lol:

Chick

Reminds me of a Dolly Parton interview I once saw. She was asked, "Do you get offended by all the blonde jokes?"

She sly replies, "Why no honey!....cuz you see (lowers voice to whisper)....I'm not really blonde." (laughs hysterically afterward). :)

Will somebody post a good lawyer joke that I haven't heard? I need a good laugh today.......or maybe I just feel the need to be offended. :wacko:

Chick

Know what a tragedy is? A busload of lawyers going over a cliff with an empty seat. :lol:

Everybody needs to be a little thicker skinned. I'm a redneck, part Cherokeee Indian, Scottish, short, not very handsome, slow cowboy shooter from the South who loves GM trucks and is married to a Mexican woman. Hell, I could get mad about MOST jokes! :lol:

Know the difference in a carp... and an attorney?

One is a bottom-feedin', scum-sucker...

The other is a fish.

(With all due respect to my good pals on this board... J. Mark bein' of 'em.)

ts

Chick

Dolly Parton also used to say...

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap!"

I always liked Dolly Parton because she knew she was intelligent so she didn't care if anyone else knew it....

she could laugh at herself....didn't take herself too serious

I was in a pub on Saturday night. I noticed two large girls by the bar.

They both had strong accents so I said “Hi, are you two girls from Scotland ?”

One of them chirped “It’s WALES you friggin' idiot!”

So I immediately apologized and said “Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland ?” :lol:

So I immediately apologized and said “Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland ?” :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shhhhheeeshhhh.... hehehehehe...

Dammit Charlie... you assho... I do love you buddy. But you made me pee myself... one of the costs of gettin' old, I guess.

ts

Hey! Watch it with the Scottish jokes, I'm very sensitive! :lol::lol::lol:

Only the Irish have Jokes Like These

Into a Belfast pub comes Paddy Murphy,

Looking like he'd just been run over by a train.

His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken,

His face is cut and bruised and he's walking with a limp

"What happened to you?" asks Sean, the bartender.

" Jamie O'Conner and me had a fight," says Paddy.

"That little shit, O'Conner," says Sean,

"He couldn't do that to you,

He must have had something in his hand."

"That he did," says Paddy, "a shovel is what he had,

And a terrible lickin' he gave me with it."

" Well," says Sean, "you should have defended yourself,

Didn't you have something in your hand?"

That I did," said Paddy.

"Mrs. O'Conner's breast, and a thing of

Beauty it was, but useless in a fight."

shhhhheeeshhhh.... hehehehehe...

Dammit Charlie... you assho... I do love you buddy. But you made me pee myself... one of the costs of gettin' old, I guess.

ts

+1 :lol:

Between the blond, old, Kraut, fat, Irish, wimmen, Californians ............... you get the picture, I should have been really insulted. You know what tho, life's too short to take this stuff seriously. If you are easily offended or don't want your kids reading it, don't get on the wire, least of all the Saloon. Otherwise, don't take yourself or others too seriously. Life's too short for that. :P

{This coming from a lady who had the manicurist paint one nail green :o in honor of St. Paddie's Day. :D The gals in the salon 'bout broke their necks turning their noses up at me. :lol::lol::lol: }

Archived