SASS Wire Forum

OT Question for Tucson Pards

Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770

Greetings to all:

I was going to my favorite place to poke bullet holes in the desert today, and found that it is now "State Trust Land. No target shooting.:angry: This is on Wilmot, South of I-10, the power line road, by the prisons.

Since I can't go there anymore, where does everybody else go? This is just informal plinking, exploding water jugs, shoot what you have, shooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sgt C.J. Sabre

Hey Sgt., there is an old missle silo off Old Sonoita Hwy.(Rte 83) that we go to to test our guns after I work on them. There is a couple of natural berms there. Take the Soinoita Hwy exit #281, south then shortly after you turn south there is a left turn for "Old Sonoita Hwy" take that left and go down a few hundred yrds and on the right you'll see the gate. There are a couple different places to set up out there.

Wily

Hey Sgt., there is an old missle silo off Old Sonoita Hwy.(Rte 83) that we go to to test our guns after I work on them. There is a couple of natural berms there. Take the Soinoita Hwy exit #281, south then shortly after you turn south there is a left turn for "Old Sonoita Hwy" take that left and go down a few hundred yrds and on the right you'll see the gate. There are a couple different places to set up out there.

Wily

Thanks Wily.

Anybody else? Maybe a little closer to town?

Archived