SASS Wire Forum

A little club in Central Texas

Phantom, SASS #54973

For those that are looking for a match in Central Texas that'll be straight forward and do-able for everyone - come to Plum Creek next weekend!

Ride With Poncho Villa!!!!

Come and see the NEW Plum Creek!!!!!!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Great club and a great place to shoot. Wish I could join you. Maybe nest year.

Will be there shooten that SMOKEY stuff. Going to bring that Cherokee Jones with me.

Yea it is one of the most fun shoots going. OH yea The folks running it are also the best

Wyandot

I will be there Friday. I need the side matches to get warmed up for the rest of the weekend. It's always a good time at Plum Creek.

I'd LIKE to go, but I have no way to get there. Hey-anyone in the Houston area wanting to go(but thinkin' it's too expensive) willing to give me a ride-I'll share expenses.

Tell, What's the deal here?????????????? Angels won't let you ride with her anymore.

Can't say as I blame her :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wyandot

Yep, it's going to be a great weekend. Phantom wrote the main match stages. Joe Darter is running W3G. Dragon Hill Dave is running Wild Bunch. What could be better?

There is a rumor going around that there will be a drawing for a gun for each posse as well a other drawings for other guns.

Don't forget that no one ever left Plum Creek with an empty stomach.

Will be there shooten that SMOKEY stuff. Going to bring that Cherokee Jones with me.

Yea it is one of the most fun shoots going. OH yea The folks running it are also the best

Wyandot

Now that's a pair :rolleyes:

Wish I could make it <_<

Boon Doggle's rumor is true. What we need is for BD to be the shootin' with us and everyone else too!

Guns! You mean they are giving away guns at this match in addition to the fantastic shooting opportunities? I am so there! Oh wait. I was already there, since I am running the Wild Bunch match. Great!

But I tell you what, I sure would like to see a few more folks come out. We are going to light up these stages with some runnin' and gunnin' at one of the best shooting venues in the state. There is nothing like shooting your way through the livery stable or the barn or the marshal's office, especially if someone like Phantom has written the stages and set the targets. It will be a hoot. Looks like we will have great weather too.

I frankly am a little bushed from almost 10 days of solid shooting at Fire and Ice and Winter Range, but I am still looking forward to this event. If you have been on the fence about whether you want to come, time to get over on our side and come out and play.

Wow! We had a great time at Agarita Ranch this weekend near Lockhart, Texas. Started on Friday with a 2 stage demonstration of Western 3 Gun, then a 4 stage Wild Bunch match and some side matches in the afternoon. Then we started the main match on Saturday with 6 stages with long range and side matches in the afternoon with a banquet that evening. Sunday morning we got up and shot 4 stages, then had lunch and awards in the pavilion. Lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast and lunch the next day were included in the entry fee. Each posse held a drawing for a derringer, and all shooters got a ticket for a drawing for a '97 shotgun. We also had a complementary group photo provided by Major Photography and an Agarita Ranch "Ride with Pancho Villa" coffee cup, pen, and bag.

But even better was the great weather and great folks we had come out and shoot. Phantom wrote stages with lots of movement and challenging targets like plate racks, knockdowns and swingers. We used the full panoply of target options. And our shotgun knockdowns definitely went down when hit. WE still have a few of those irksome rabbits, but they went down when hit. We shot out of and around forts, livery stables, blacksmith shops and a marshal's office.

We had over 60 shooters join us, and those who didn't come out sure missed a great time. Our shooters from the farthest away had to be Grandpa Dillon and Paso Tom from Washington State. From their Winter Range experience they came out to Texas to shoot with us and continue a southern tour of shooting venues. It was great to have them.

Phantom was our overall Men's winner and Dreamchaser was our Ladies winner.

Thanks to our Match Director Buck Bradley and his lovely wife, to Long Juan, Elroy Rogers, Joe Darter, Lonesome Lefty, Phantom and all the others that made this an enjoyable shoot. And especially thanks to Delta Raider, whose Agarita Ranch is a cowboy shooting venue bar none, and who worked so hard to make this a great shoot for everyone.

Put this one on you calendar for next year!

Sure sounds like you all had fun.

Found out about this match to late to make plans to get there this year.

But will sure try and make it next year. If Phantom wrote the stages. Then pretty

sure they would have been to my liking.

It was a great match! Phantom did a bang up job as stage writer. Many thanks to Buck Bradley, Delta Raider, Long Juan, and all those others involved in putting on a great shoot. I was lucky enough to posse with Dragon Hill Dave as my Posse Marshall and Joe Darter as his first assistant. I have been on some really good posse's before but never one as good as this one (Posse 7 you rock!).

Archived