SASS Wire Forum

Off topic: Looking for values on a few guns.....

I have an older friend that wants to sell three shotguns. Here are some descriptions. I know it is tough to value them without a picture, but if anyone wants a picture that can help, I'll send it to you direct. Any help would be appreciated. All three he wants to sell. Here ya go:

1. Winchester Model 12 takedown in 28 gauge. I rate it at about 60% because of some surface rust on the barrel. has a factory installed Cutts compensator with the screw in tube choke. Checkered, wood is nice.

2. Remington 1100, from the 60's. VG shape, 12 ga, vent rib, barrel also has Cutts with choke.

3. Browning Superposed, Pigeon Grade. has two sets of barrels/forends, one for skeet (Imp,Skeet) and a longer one for Trap (Full, Mod). Original Browning case and factory recoil pad that is NOT deteriorated. Bores are shiny as new. Finish is excellent as is wood. original instruction booklet. Serial number is 57XXX.

Thanks for any help and directions. Looke more at the Superposed and realized it was a pigeon grade......

I'll take a shot (pun intended) - the Model 12 and the 1100 are both hurt somewhat by the cutts compensator but the 28 gauge does increase it's value a little but I still consider them in the $300 range. The Superposed Diana as long as it is mint could be in the $5,000 - 10,000 range

Check out GUNBROKER.COM :)

Thanks, guys, for the input. I agree that the Cutts 'cuts' the price.

While that may have been the cat's meow in the late 40's and early 50's (all my own grandpaw's guns had them in that timeframe), they reduce the value now. Appreciate the validation..........

Archived