SASS Wire Forum

Smoke in the Woods

Deadwood Stan Sass 7275

Heeee Haaaa Doc Ills.. I regret ta Inform ya that I will not be shootin Pale-Rider with ya at Smoke in the Woods.. :huh: Yesterday on the last stage of the match(which I was shootin so fast ,even Doots had a hard time keepin up)My right hand went numb, I could not feel the gun in my hand. :huh: I had a AD,and the round hit about 3/4's up the burm.. :o I almost lost the pistol. That Scareded the Be-jeepers out of me :mellow: So I desided not to shoot the heavy loads, My hands can't take it anymore.. So I guess I'll shoot the Poof-tinkers, Sorry I so wanted ta work ya over in Pale-Rider.. ;)

So I guess I'll bring a can of Whoop-A$$ ta Longshot(Barney)Ace in FCD Shootin Poof-Tinkers.. :P I LOVE comein ta Ohioa cuss there is Lots of Black Powder shootin cowboys ta WHOOP..At SMOKE IN THE WOODS

Heeee Haaaa (your new Friend and Bestest Buddy)Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear this buddy! I do know how you love to shoot those big BIG REALLY BIG loads. I s'pose given your antique status, shootin poof tinkers will be a good handicap and should even us out a little on the field of battle! Bring what ya got and let's just have a great time eating spam and playin cowboy! :ph34r:

Heeee Haaaa Doc Ills.. I gots some OMV rugers and "Doots" loaned me a Old 73 in 38.. :blush: Taint had any Black Powder thru it yet..But he did say Treat It like I owned it.. :unsure: Ifin it ain't snowin to hard tomorrow I'll shoot it some.. :huh:

You know we'll have a good time, and I ask my bride ta besure ta pack some extra SPAM.. ;) What time is Breakfast :)

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Good deal Bilbo! Glad ya got the gear you need for the match. I will try to have breakfast ready at the sound of your alarm! Spam and eggs! That is the official food of Dead Woody Spam, I mean Stan.

Hee Haa Mingo,

Lookin' forward to seein' you this weekend. I have my hot and heavy poof tinkers loaded and ready! I'll introduce you to Loco Leadslinger.

See you soon,

Longshot Ace

Heeee Haaa Longshot"BARNEY"Ace.. Did ya introduece him ta your brother at the Bank.. :huh: Do you Know How Many Shooters will be there this year.. :unsure: Its snowin here now ,I just got out of work, and I have ta make ready the trailer for the trip.. ;) I have to change my Cat. from Pale-Rider to FCD can you do that for me.. :blush:

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo. :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Heeee Haaa Longshot"BARNEY"Ace.. Did ya introduece him ta your brother at the Bank.. :huh: Do you Know How Many Shooters will be there this year.. :unsure: Its snowin here now ,I just got out of work, and I have ta make ready the trailer for the trip.. ;) I have to change my Cat. from Pale-Rider to FCD can you do that for me.. :blush:

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo. :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I thought Longshot was going to do back handsprings last week when I told him I was entering Classic Cowboy and not FCD. :lol:

And guess what category I am shootin? FCD....Pale Rider style! or, am I shootin pale rider gunfighter.....or not! Just know I am shooooooooootin this match. Spam and Eggs breakfast Saturday morning, 7am ish. :ph34r:

Heeee Haaaa Jackson Rose..Its obivous you have my shooting skills confused with someone else :unsure: I am not sure if the rifle will work the six stages.. :huh: I have not put it on paper so I don't even know where it is hittin, :huh: This will be the first Match I ever shot 38's.. -_-

Heeee Haaaa Longshot"BARNEY" Ace.. Thank You and Tell Wilbert I said HOWDY, and Say Hi ta your brother for me, ya know he is a Quiet sort of fella, is He shootin with ya this year. :P

Well I will see you Saturday morning, but probably not at 0700. Are you getting in Friday night. I will be at 3 Gun Jakes on Thursday afternoon.

Jackson, as always it will be great to see you! I will be pulling in Friday afternoon sometime. Sorry breakfast will be so early! Gonna hoot and hollar and make a big ol carbon foot print! Yep, my pistols are gonna do some buckin and a belchin of fire! I am gonna carry on in honor of Bilbo Mingo! :ph34r:

Heee Haaa .. Due to circomstances beyond my control , I have NOT got my trailer ready YET. :mellow: I am leaveing in the morning for smoke in the WOODS. -_- So my new plan is ta throw everything in the trailer that I think I might need.. Put my cowboy clothes in the trailer, Put food in the trailer.. :huh: and hope that I brought what I need.. :lol:

This will be the first match I've attended without any back up Guns :blush: I will bring the sharps ta shoot long range :) The trip usually takes about 8 hrs. :unsure:

Bilbo, safe travels to ya pard! I am not getting in until Friday early afternoon. I will find a good spot in the camping area far away from the alarm cannon! As for forgetting anything, got guns and ammo and clothes, you'll be set! See you there. :ph34r:

Heeee Haaaa Everything is throwed in the trailer ,I'll sort it when I get there ,Sometime this afternoon. :P I'll see ya-all Sat. Doc did ya say Breakfast at 7 :P

Heeee Haaaa No work today...Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I actually have all my rifle and pistol ammo loaded-about twice what is needed for the main match. Those who know me will recognize what a remarkable accomplishment this is for me. :P

what in the world is going on? showing up early for shoots, and loading ammo early. did you retire or something?

I actually have all my rifle and pistol ammo loaded-about twice what is needed for the main match. Those who know me will recognize what a remarkable accomplishment this is for me. :P

Almost loaded! Went shopping and got some supplies for the camper. Now all I have to do in the morning is throw some clothes together, load my guns, ammo and gear in the wagon and head out. Gotta go get my CPAP adjusted at 9:30 in the morning and should be loaded by then. So, as soon as I get home I will be ready to roll! Buffy, are you alright? Hope you stop by tomorrow evening. Split Rail is planning on getting in around 6!

Well here I sit, relaxin in the campground at Middletown Sportsmans Club! Camped across from Crazy Mingo/Bilbo Baggins so I can keep an eye on him! Firing up the grill around six when DJ and Split Rail are here with the steak! As for now, I am keeping my eye on the stockpot that is on the turkey fryer, brewin some apple pie! Yes with Copperhead juice....this ain't no half way operation! :ph34r:

Cool, wish we could get Carson to play. DJ McDraw (aka "Cocoa Puff Kid") will be there too.

Carson will not shoot black powder in "perfectly good guns." So, Carson will not be there with us.

Longshot Ace

Oh what a night we had! Just a "LITTLE" hangover today! Had a campfire thanks to Boaz Longhorn and I brewed apple pie and of course some Crown. Mingo tried to wake us with his alarm cannon at 7am but to his depression, we were already up. Lassiter said a posse marshal walk through bright and early, but that leaves a lot to interpretation! Be there sooner or later Lassiter! Well, off to play! :ph34r:

Well, the shootin is over, the smoke has cleared and my guns are now clean! I am sitting down to enjoy a good meal of crow! Black Birds and Spam! Good grub for sure! I severely got spanked! Congrats to Stone Creek Drifter who won Pale Rider and also Ruger Ray who was second in this he-manathon called Pale Rider! Bilbo Mingo, Hats off to you on a great match! You too put a hurt on me like nobodies business. I gotta say that the crow tastes pretty good my friend! See you in Warsaw!

This was a great shoot! One to attend in the future! DJ, Buff, Split, good having you guys along! :o

yeah and check the stage scores....in particular stage 12........"who was that masked man?" :ph34r::rolleyes:.....Or to qoute another"now theres something you dont see every day" :rolleyes:

Heeee Haaaa Thanks Big Irons it was a fun shoot. Lassitor did a good Job Match directin.. :D The first seven Stages with no wind,rain,thunder and lighting,sleet and hail :o Was so much fun ,it kinda reminded of home, Michigan B)

Heee Haaaa Doc Ills, Don't eat all that Crow and Spam, save some Warsaw :unsure:

heeee Haaa Longshot "Barney" Ace.. fun shootin with ya Pard.oh ya I all most forgot Hey it was your turn to by Dinner this year what you do FORGET.. :huh:

Heee Haaa Wilbert.. Sandy Cheeks asked me why your don't smile more..(Don't worry I didn't tell her) ;)

Heeee Haaa.. Everbody I possee with thank you We had a Good Possee HEEEE HAAAA SEE YA ALL NEXT YEAR.. :D

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Archived