SASS Wire Forum

Brass Shot Shell Revisited

Come On Christmas

I stuck with the large pistol primers and did not drill out the hulls for 209 primer.

I used 2f and oneF powder without any noticeable difference. PM me for the amount, but it's half to 3/4 what was suggested and would knock over any knock downs I have seen.

I used an over powder card and a Western Orange wad I use in my plastic Winchester AA.. I used 1 1/4 ounce of shot. The best seal was hot glue on the over shot card. Elmers glue she no work well.

My favorite load was using and over powder card and toilet paper for wadding torn off in approximately 1/2 by 1/2 squares. This looks like result of a pillow fight when shot. I would only use these in the spring or after a good rain because of fiya.

Another BLACK HOLE project of -

Shameless Womanizer, Esquire

There is NO reason to NOT use LP primers.......

Get rid of the plastic cup.

Cheers,

LG

Yup.

Okay, but there is also no reason to use 90 grains of black powder. A friend loaded em up that way. Wanted me to try em in a match and you could see the round circle of shot cause the center was blown out of the pattern.

Just saying . . .

No shot cup and no shot in center of pattern. Fine for knock down. Pain in the #@$ for Texas Star. Hrmph.

Now I have to see if I can make my own paper shot cups and what weight paper is necessary. Do I just 'wrap' the wad with the paper tube, rest it on top, or make an actual cup by cutting a pattern that looks like two rectangles 3/4" by 1-1/4" on either side of a 3/4" circle?

Perhaps lightly scoring the overshot card will fix the doughnut hole pattern problem.

Here ya go......

Cheers,

LG

I am wondering now, if you could use a dime wrapper as a shoot cup instead of a plastic cup and not be called a gamer

thats the way I do, do it except for the glue, I was a 10 gauge over powder wad to seal the shot works better then glue.

Unless you enjoy, pain, agony and self-flagellation why not keep it simple. Go to Circle Fly Wads - Here: http://www.circlefly.com

Get yourself some over powder, filler and overshot wads that actually are made to fit your brass cases (need a larger size than for a plastic case) and you can quit screwin around and have something that's easy to load and works.

What a concept!

Archived