SASS Wire Forum

you make the call

Guest diablo slim shootist

Madd Mike:

Spinning yer guns is dangerous.

Shooting both pistols at the same time is not.

There's a difference.

& I am not asking not to be penalized.

I'm being playful & accepting a penalty as the cost of being playful.

I don't think there's harm in doing that.

If there is, please explain it to me.

--Dawg

If I shoot my total pistol string

then spin my (pistols) guns back into the holster, with hammers down

that would be cool-safe-and still breaking the rules

I am talking bout breaking rules,

and I used spinning to prove a point of looking really cool

if gunfighters can break the rules just to look cool

than that aint right

and I am a gunfighter

we open a bucket of worms, it we just enforce the RULES WE want 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few more ways to screw up it sounds like...guess I will stick with pounding round balls into black powder.

Firing both pistols together to make ten shots sound like five takes practice. You (or nobody else for that matter) is going to accidentally do this. Don't let this nonsense hold you up from shooting gunfighter and enjoying it.

Firing both pistols together to make ten shots sound like five takes practice. You (or nobody else for that matter) is going to accidentally do this. Don't let this nonsense hold you up from shooting gunfighter and enjoying it.

so are you saying?

dont follow the current rules

unless you practice----breaking them :wacko::blink::wacko: ?

yikes

With regard to enforcing the rules selectively, if you wish to end up like IDPA go right ahead. The high ranking semi-auto shooters there all round dump to gain advantage and get away with it because the rule is neither well written or understood. Watch the YouTube videos where they break down the stages and tell how they make sure they get a hit...cough cough. The rule is written forbidding this action to facilitate scoring. IF it happens every once in a while it's accidental, but it's still a P just as an out of sequence shot would be and if it's repeated it should be an SOG. I liked the idea of the progressive penalty as it keeps folks on track and prevents that taking a hit each stage.

I believe what Buck is saying is that firing 10 rounds and making it sound like 5 has to be deliberate - so against the rules.

His second comment relates to folks that have been discouraged by this thread from trying gunfighter - and enjoy it according to the rules.

Do you agree, Buck?

I believe what Buck is saying is that firing 10 rounds and making it sound like 5 has to be deliberate - so against the rules.

His second comment relates to folks that have been discouraged by this thread from trying gunfighter - and enjoy it according to the rules.

Do you agree, Buck?

well

then lets agree to disagree

Gun Fighter is not for the average shooter

when counters and ro's experience "new" gunfighters, they treat them fairly

they are going to explain, what they did wrong, not hang them

gunfighters that break the rules, and accept the current penalties without arguement, thats another story

gunfighters that break the rules, just to be cool, well

then

where do we start and stop

with all of the current rules

why not break them all....................in the name of

I am just having fun

I am just look really hollywood

I am just old

I am just tired

I am just ????????????????????

Do you agree, Buck?

Marauder, you get an A+ in reading comprehension. Shooting ten and making it sound like five is clearly against the rules and I fully support playing by the rules. To do otherwise should incur a penalty.

I will say that if someone wants to play around, shoot ten and make it sound like five, I'd appreciate it if they'd go ahead and call the penalty on themselves (as some have indicated that they do.) By doing so, it avoids someone like myself from appearing to be "the bad guy" by calling the penalty. Failure to call the penalty is simply not fair to those who are playing by the rules. Yes, Jake, it looks cool. Call your penalty and I'll grin with you.

Folks,

Bottom line for me is, intentionally breaking rules is not becoming behavior. A progressive penalty is mild punishment for something like that. I think it should be a SOG, two of which is a MDQ.

Regards,

Allie Mo :ph34r:

It already is a progressive penalty: once is a "P", twice is a SDQ, 3 is a MDQ. It's shooting out of category. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I'm too tired to read the whole thread.

It already is a progressive penalty: once is a "P", twice is a SDQ, 3 is a MDQ. It's shooting out of category. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I'm too tired to read the whole thread.

Shooting out of category? What category would they be shooting? Be advised that being tired from having too much fun at Winter Range will not be accepted as an excuse for not reading the entire thread. Take that! :D

I, for one, wish everyone double taped. It's really aggravating to pick up a carton and have the contents fall out because the shipper failed to double tape. And, a word to the wise... it helps greatly if you offset the tape, helps spread the load out, so to speak. :ph34r:

Marauder, you get an A+ in reading comprehension. Shooting ten and making it sound like five is clearly against the rules and I fully support playing by the rules. To do otherwise should incur a penalty.

I will say that if someone wants to play around, shoot ten and make it sound like five, I'd appreciate it if they'd go ahead and call the penalty on themselves (as some have indicated that they do.) By doing so, it avoids someone like myself from appearing to be "the bad guy" by calling the penalty. Failure to call the penalty is simply not fair to those who are playing by the rules. Yes, Jake, it looks cool. Call your penalty and I'll grin with you.

good post

I, for one, wish everyone double taped. It's really aggravating to pick up a carton and have the contents fall out because the shipper failed to double tape. And, a word to the wise... it helps greatly if you offset the tape, helps spread the load out, so to speak. :ph34r:

I been restraining meself fer days and here you come along and just couldn't resist, couldja?...HAR!!

Like ole Phantom tole me oncet "well, spank me teacher".

To the OP, we are just funnin' about but ya do gots ta have two p to be tapping.

Yes Darlin',

We know that.

Buck, good unofficial idea for doing the right thing when intentionally breaking the rules! :blink::lol:

Regards,

Allie

It is not physiologically possible to fire both of the revolvers at the precise exact time, even if the firearms were perfect, exact clones - which is also not possible with any mechanical device.

No call !

That's a BS arguement or, maybe more correctly, a CS arguement. I've heard it before and I'm sure I'll hear it again. Doesn't make it any more legit.

'tis all. bye

Angus

Lone Dog,

We know you're a better man than I. Took me that long to think up an analogy that fit {sorta}!

That's a BS arguement or, maybe more correctly, a CS arguement. I've heard it before and I'm sure I'll hear it again. Doesn't make it any more legit.

'tis all. bye

Angus

Methinks you're using unecessarily harsh language on the opposition. There's a whopping big difference between "precisely" simultaneous, and "very nearly so." In any case, you're confusing this to some shooting sport that paints each target after each shooter. In which case, I'd tend to agree it oughta be allowed. But, we don't, with ya. But in reality, once 4 or 5 have dinged up the mornin's fresh paint, without a slight separation between "dings" you're gonna get all kinds of calls. Didja know that "Gunfighter" wasn't an official category until 1998? Even tho' we'd been using 2 sixguns since abt 1994. Duelist wasn't recognized until 1993. There were a WHOLE lotta folks flat opposed to allowing ANY single-handed shootin'! I would think that you wouldn't want to rile those folks up.

'Sides, shootin' both pistols simutaneously, (oor very nearly so), ain't "cool", nor is it necessarily difficult to occasionally pull off. It's simply a crutch for those what can't walk & chew gum at the same time. Kinda like they're sayin', "WOW, look at me, I'm shootin' gunfighter!" Even tho' they're thinkin', "...sure hope nobody notices I ain't cooridnated enough to alternate my shots and develop a steady rythym!" Think along the lines of, "...white men can't dance." We know that ain't exactly so... but it's the rare jasper that can make it look easy!

"With regard to enforcing the rules selectively, if you wish to end up like IDPA go right ahead. The high ranking semi-auto shooters there all round dump to gain advantage and get away with it because the rule is neither well written or understood."

You think that the high ranking IDPA shooters always fire 4 or 5 extra shots after the typical 6 shots per target array, for a better reload, and that they are the top finishers? That would be the same as saying that the top SASS shooters will shoot very fast, with a bunch of misses, but they are so fast that they will still win the match. The top finishers at even a big match will often have no misses or maybe 1 or 2. There is round dumping in IDPA, but the best shooters aren't regularly firing a bunch of extra shots and winning because of it. Smokin Gator

Yes Darlin',

We know that.

Allie

:wub: :wub: :wub: She called me Darlin'! I'm not taking a bath for a week.... oh, wait... it's been a week already.

Why, Griffster, whatever do you mean? Everyone that knows us both surely agrees I couldn't carry your water. As evidence, I was biting my tongue for so long mainly because I have been castigated so severely in the past for pointing out spelling errors, but also because I couldn't come up with a good humorous analogy. Humorous analogy makes one immune to castigation. Then you come up with a beaut of an analogy about double taping boxes. Utah Bob is expecially adroit at this and with an abundance of humor. It's the humorous aspect that keeps castigation away from you two.

The best I could think up in relation to the original post is something along the lines that a double taping gunfighter would be able to video both sides of a man on man shoot-off by rolling tape with a vid camera in each hand. Double tapping double taping gunfighter vid cam dude.

Smokin Gator,

It's not four or five extra shots. It's the one that gets them to slide lock for that sweet reload before the next array of targets. I'm not giving names but think ESP and SSP. These two guys are very good and they break down the stages magnificently, but they do dump rounds to gain the edge. They exploit the vague definition of round dumping. All he has to say if called on it is that he'd called a down one. If you've ever run .20 splits you know that you can call a miss at that speed and we're entitled to make up a bad shot on vickers stages. No call, but it was awfully fortunate. It's not the best example, but it's a definite divisive issue.

With regard to the double tapping gunfighter, it's awful hard to wiggle outta that one. If he's double cocking he's aware of the risk of simultaneous discharge. The rules say not to shoot both at the same time so let's not bother trying to skirt it. As to how serious folks want to be about it, if they are letting folks shoot non SASS categories that match, why not let them play two shots at a time also.

I've enjoyed the contents of this topic. Early in the thread it was suggested that reviewing the timer string would/might indicate

how many shots were fired. Finally got out to the range yesterday to check out my timer. My timer sensitivity is set in the middle..

Tried shooting simo five times(two shots each time). Timer recorded six of the ten shots.

Has anyone else checked out there timer?

Archived