SASS Wire Forum

I have a question for school teachers

Alpo

I see that Complicated Lady is a teacher. Yellowhouse Sam is married to one. I'm sure there are others.

Does your school have any type of clothing, in the office, for emergencies? Kid gets a bloody nose and bleeds all down his shirt, gets sick and pukes all down it, has an accident and poops his drawers, falls on the playground into a mud puddle. While waiting in the office for Mama to come, does he have to sit there in his bloody/pukey/muddy/poopie clothes, or would there be something else he could put on?

A comic I read has a character that is required to, basically, wash herself several times a day. 3rd grader. So she's in the girl's room with her shirt off, taking care of business, and someone stole her shirt. Then she's in the office, topless, hugging herself while the secretary is calling her father.

And the comments on that strip. :o:blink: Many people said that THEIR school kept clothes in the office for emergencies. I'd never heard of that. Others said that at least they could have gotten her something from the lost-n-found. When I first saw her I thought, "Principal shoulda given her his suitcoat to wear".

But the idea of "emergency clothing in the office" was new to me. In 7th grade I tore my pants on a nail in the AV room (shows how old I am, don't it?). Never occurred to me to even go to the office. Just tied my jacket sleeves around my waist, and let the body of the coat hang down behind and cover my southern exposure, for the next 4 hours 'til school was out. :blush:

So, in a case where a kid has trashed-out clothes, does your school have something to take care of it?

I see that Complicated Lady is a teacher. Yellowhouse Sam is married to one. I'm sure there are others.

Does your school have any type of clothing, in the office, for emergencies? Kid gets a bloody nose and bleeds all down his shirt, gets sick and pukes all down it, has an accident and poops his drawers, falls on the playground into a mud puddle. While waiting in the office for Mama to come, does he have to sit there in his bloody/pukey/muddy/poopie clothes, or would there be something else he could put on?

A comic I read has a character that is required to, basically, wash herself several times a day. 3rd grader. So she's in the girl's room with her shirt off, taking care of business, and someone stole her shirt. Then she's in the office, topless, hugging herself while the secretary is calling her father.

And the comments on that strip. :o:blink: Many people said that THEIR school kept clothes in the office for emergencies. I'd never heard of that. Others said that at least they could have gotten her something from the lost-n-found. When I first saw her I thought, "Principal shoulda given her his suitcoat to wear".

But the idea of "emergency clothing in the office" was new to me. In 7th grade I tore my pants on a nail in the AV room (shows how old I am, don't it?). Never occurred to me to even go to the office. Just tied my jacket sleeves around my waist, and let the body of the coat hang down behind and cover my southern exposure, for the next 4 hours 'til school was out. :blush:

So, in a case where a kid has trashed-out clothes, does your school have something to take care of it?

Absolutely, big bin of clothes of all sizes in the nurses office. Almost everyday someone will have an accident requiring a change of clothes.

We also have tennis shoes for the kids who don't have shoes for PE.

When I worked in eggerkshon,

We had more bags of "Lost & Found" than we knew what to do with :rolleyes:

Soiled/torn/bloody clothing gets replaced by most teachers, before even getting to The Office :D

Absolutely, big bin of clothes of all sizes in the nurses office. Almost everyday someone will have an accident requiring a change of clothes.

We also have tennis shoes for the kids who don't have shoes for PE.

We had a small closet off of nurse's office and another in counselor's area. Junior high kids have emergencies too...although the supply in the counselor's area was often used to cover "objectionable" clothing as well...!

CS

Schoolmarm says yes at her school K-4.

Ripped the crotch outta' my pants in high school, then got dinged by the principal for wearing my shirt tail out to cover it. He and I were NOT on friendly terms. My butt was a lot tougher than he could deal with with a paddle! :rolleyes::lol:

Followup to the first question.

So, kid falls in mud puddle, and you replace his muddy clothes. Is it just "clean clothes and back to class", or "clean clothes to wait in office in, until Mama gets there"?

Are the clothes expected to be laundered and returned, or are they just donated to the cause, as it were?

So, kid falls in mud puddle, and you replace his muddy clothes. Is it just "clean clothes and back to class", or "clean clothes to wait in office in, until Mama gets there"?

Are the clothes expected to be laundered and returned, or are they just donated to the cause, as it were?

Depending on what kind of accident it is... usually the parents are called to bring a change of clothes.

Some parents can't or won't make the trip to the school. That is when we find the child something to change into.

Don't expect to get the clothes back but sometimes they surprise us.

Alpo, at my school we have a closet full of clothing( Parochial school, so it's uniforms) for those that have a mishap during the school day. The student goes back to class and usually the next day the loaned clothing returns cleaned and with a "Thank You."

When I first saw her I thought, "Principal shoulda given her his suitcoat to wear".

principal,,,,,suitcoat,,,,,

You've been out of school a long time.

Archived