SASS Wire Forum

Trying to explain CAS to the uniniated.

Ketchum Quick, SASS #72923

Wow! I'd find a bunch like our Ozark Posse that spends almost as much time at lunch after the matches as we do shooting.

We actually like each other.

And if you travel, you get to make friends that make you wish you lived closer to them. Noz and and Fingers McGee are only two of a whole bunch of folks I have met from that area of the country and from all across the nation that I have found to be a joy. I love the people, I love the shooting and I love the competition. I love it all. I do my best to see that visitors feel as if they've just been reunited with lost family.

I've got to get my glasses checked. When I first looked at the title of this post I thought it said "Trying to explain CAS to the urinated."

I've got to get my glasses checked. When I first looked at the title of this post I thought it said "Trying to explain CAS to the urinated."

We're trying to raise a posse of folk who use colostomy bags and catheters. We owe it to the Duke's memory.

Edit: Sorry. Just going with the flow.

I was reflecting on a conversation that I had with a (hopefully) new shooter a couple of weeks ago. He called me up with some questions about the shoot at our club and was looking for particulars on the match. I told him to bring his eyes and ears, told him how to get to our cowboy bowl in the far back of our club.

Once he had the information he needed to come out and watch we talked about the environment and what to expect if he gets involved in CAS in West Michigan. I told him that unlike other shooting sports we get along great. That we don't compete for prizes but bragging rights. That we have some who intentionally shoot guns that are less competetive just for the fun of it and that not all our shooters shoot to win. He was intrigued.

I got to thinking about why I and my wife shoot CAS. I narrowed it down to two reasons and I believe they are for fellowship and shooting fun. We have a great time with those who we shoot with. We do things together outside of the monthly matches that we attend and we talk quite often during the week. We have made some great friends. With that, I have personally noticed, in myself, that I don't care so much anymore where I place in a match but that I get to attend.

So how about you? Do you shoot for shooting sake or do you attend the matches for fellowship with your pards?

Ketchum Quick

Well put Pard !

I have always shot guns in one form or anther.

For me CAS is about Friends getting together telling story's and dressing up and playing a character.

The shooting part is a bonus.

Most of the CAS shoots I do, Is at Rockford and every single person makes it what it is !

(A Great place to be ) :huh:

Archived