SASS Wire Forum

Utah mountain man

Red Cent

First time I have come across any material on this guy. Surprised its been going on for five years. Any cowpokes close to the area?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/17/mystery-mountain-man-to-utah-cabin-owner-get-off-my-mountain/?intcmp=obnetwork

I am in Northern Utah (SLC) and this is the first I have heard of this guy.

From the article cited above: "He's scaring the daylights out of cabin owners. Now everyone's packing guns," said Jud Hendrickson, a 62-year-old mortgage advisor from nearby St. George who keeps a trailer in the area.

Ha-ha-HAH! All the 'normal' Utahns have firearms, some carry them. The only ones who don't are the liberals, luckily we don't have too many of them.

Beautiful country down there. A person can miss alot of the wildlife & I imagine some fella in camo if they aren't moving SLOW & paying attention.

~Will

I've heard of the guy. Saw the video footage a homeowner's surveillance camera caught of him. That's the picture posted on the link that Red posted. Rough, rugged country down there. Mom used to live just a little south of there until a couple years ago. We almost moved down there, but decided on the far northern end of the state instead.

Hope they catch the guy soon. He's certainly a bubble or two off plumb.

I am in Northern Utah (SLC) and this is the first I have heard of this guy.

Ha-ha-HAH! All the 'normal' Utahns have firearms, some carry them. The only ones who don't are the liberals, luckily we don't have too many of them.

Beautiful country down there. A person can miss alot of the wildlife & I imagine some fella in camo if they aren't moving SLOW & paying attention.

~Will

Down around Zion NP you have a lot of folks who have immigrated from the coast. Some are seasonal residents, making their cabins and vacation homes easy pickings for this jerk. I hope they catch him.

Stealing and vandalism ain't exactly "wilderness survival" in my opinion. :angry:

Stealing and vandalism ain't exactly "wilderness survival" in my opinion. :angry:

If I remember my survival training correctly, isn't that one of the first rules....take advantage of your resources? :P

The man is a common criminal and does not need to be lionized or glamorized by law-abiding citizens. He needs to be caught and put away where he belongs, the iron bar hotel, for a good long time.

I'm sure if he broke into any of our cabins we would swiftly be joining the hue and cry for his capture.

The man is a common criminal and does not need to be lionized or glamorized by law-abiding citizens. He needs to be caught and put away where he belongs, the iron bar hotel, for a good long time.

I'm sure if he broke into any of our cabins we would swiftly be joining the hue and cry for his capture.

Agreed!

Reminds me of Wild Bill Moreland from the Idaho area,he lived the same way breaking into ranger cabins way up in the sawtooth mountain range,only one picture ever took of him when they cuaght up with him.When they cuaght him,he had rubber boots on, dish rags for socks and a key made from a tin can for the cabins,1 22 shell left and a steven falling block 22 and living in a hollow log.His story is in a siurvival book titled Living off the land and the city and the country by Ragnar Benson a very good book. :rolleyes:

:D:o

If I remember my survival training correctly, isn't that one of the first rules....take advantage of your resources? :P

Yup. But keep your theivin hands off MY resources. ;)

Archived