SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA party! Saturday Party!

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice here. Sunny, mild temps, pleasant breezes. Found a great buddy for the cat. Getting her acclimated now. All in all, a good day. Oh I also found a good use for all the fleece I have left over from this fall's projects. The adoption agency could use some blankets for the cats. I'll make up some cat blankets and bring them when I return their cat carrier.

Well, I'm outta here shortly, hour and a half drive each way, pick up Famous Dave's BBQ and visit and eat dinner in between. You all hold down the fort for me. I'll be back later on.

Git some of der bread puddin'!

Just like what Grand Mother used to make ! :wub: :wub:

Busy weekend fer me. Tomorrow is the Des Moines Parrothead Clubs charity Chili Cook Off. Have my chili all mixed up with the secret ingredint (psst a whole jar of my hottest salsa). Our club is all excited because they just announced Jimmy Buffett is having a concert in Des Moines in April.

Then Sunday.. waken up at the crack of dawn load up on coffee and drive 3 hrs pick up the daughter at college then attend the Buffalo Bill Birthday party at Le Claire Iowa (birthplace), Daughters college is 15 minutes from there. I will be Buffalo Bill!! Then drive back home in the evening.

Whew

CPK

Well I survived the 1st day. We raised $650 for the charity however my chili didn't place.

Trucks all loaded and ready ta hit the road for tomorrow.

CPK

I'm back. BBQ was good, visiting with family we haven't seen in a while was good, seeing my mother in law in the shape she's in was a bit tough.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thanks Kris. I get the feeling that it won't be long now. But it's tough to know what to do and how to interact with her until then.

Pretty much like how you should interact with anyone you care about I guess, you tell them you love them and will see them later.

Grizz, sorry to hear about yur MIL. Almost da same thing happened to my Grand Mother on da Injun side of da family. Just have to play it by ear, I recon.

Oh....der's da pain killer............er...............medinice ! (Pointing to da whiskey bottles, lickin my lips ! ;) )

Badger, Great Grand Mother would make rice pudding dat tastes like bread pudding !

Lord.......I can smell dem both !

Grizz..........Famous Dave's BBQ aint nothing compaired to Carolina BBQ ! :o

Trust me...........I know bout such things as BBQ ! B)

Badger, sounds like you and me need to gether and do some cooking !

And sounds like we we're rasied bout dat same..........well, almost anyway !

Know we can whop out some killer deserts ! :wub: :wub:

Well all righty then. Was just looking over the scores for Winter range...

A bunch of names in the top fifty that I've met and shot at the same matches as them if not on the same posse.

Lunch is et, now what to do this afternoon...

Well, I got nearly four hours before Full Metal Jousting is on!

Looking in the back yard there are branches down from the winds lately, I could go clean those up, but that sounds like work to me...

Two bottles of Bulliet....well.....er.....one bottle of Bulliet and da Daytona 500 is canceled...........CANCELED I SAY ! :angry:

Rained out..........Wharsed away........gone...............not on Sunday, but ......................MONDAY.........WHEN I"M AT WORK !! :angry: :angry:

Can't des network folks do anythin' right no more ? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hawk, I'll give you a replay before it even happens...

car go around and around, stop and pit, go round and around, someone wins, a bunch don't, and maybe some crash. The end.

I aint gonna aruge wif ya Grizz...........I like to think of it as a high speed chess match.

But then again, I see that every morning in the toilet bowl after flushing ! :blush:

Oh, I'm sure there's a fair amount of strategy to a race, especially with teams racing. But I've never really seen the appeal my own self. I have taken a lap around the Indy Motor Speedway though.

Well, it was the first job after Nam. I had learned how to drive a truck in country, and I didn't like no body back in the world, so I took the job.

The man I worked for, (I can't name names here. Might get this post pulled ) told me, "During the season, I AM god ! No one gets marryed, has a baby, gets divorced or dies without my ok ! Get yur a$% in that truck . You'll stay one track ahead and one track behind at the same time. Don't stop at no scales and don't drive under 80 ! If ya get pulled over, make sure the officer has two tickets to the next race !

I found out right quick, this was a job for a young man..........................

Uh.........Grizz....................................

Yur arm broke, is it ? :unsure::blink:

Gettin mitey thristy here !

Well, I got nearly four hours before Full Metal Jousting is on!

I kmow guys who do that crazy :blink: at Ren Faire

The whole drama and interpersonal conflict part of the show is annoying, but the technique of it is interesting to me. I guess I'm a process guy, I watched the training part one show, then was picking apart the technique and the coaches said what I was thinking after the pass.

No way I'd ever do it, not for real and not for theater, I've come off a few horses and it hurts. At least they're on well turned ground, that don't hurt as bad most of the time.

Thank ya Grizz. Mighty Neiborly of ya !

(Taking a long pull on that bottle)

Ahhhhhhhhh....now where was I ................Oh yeah.........

This was good for a young man.

Make a tire run from the factory to Daytona. Run back to the factory, reload and drive up to the Pocanos in Pa track, unload, run back down to Daytona, pick up what wasn't used, and run back to the plant.

Reload and run to Darlington, unload, run back up to PA and then back to the plant to reload. Out to Fonatana, unload, back to Darlington track, pick up what was not used and run back to the facotry and reload. Unload in Kanasas, run back to Fonatana, reloud, back to the plant to reload and down to Homestead and unload.

That's when I thought I was done for a spell and I was, but then I was tapped as the 2nd gas man over the wall ! :blink:

When I quit, I had 4 pay checks in the glovebox of that old Frightshaker I didn't need to cash !

I'll bet ya Choclate tells it differant !

Archived