SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA party! Saturday Party!

Grizzly Dave

So what's everyone doing this weekend?

There is a match tomorrow, but at a range a ways away, and I've been so short on sleep this week I think I'll sleep late. Just as well cuz if'n I went to the match I probably wouldn't be home in time to go down with Miz Grizz to her mom's. Three hour round trip to have dinner, but ya gotta do for family.

Well, my plans kinda got changed for me this morning. Long story short, I was bit on my dominant hand by a neighbors dog. All the time I spent at urgent care and so on blew most of my day. The hand will be fine but it's kinda sore. I was told to expect a bruise. On ABs just in case. So tomorrow I'm going to go down to the cat adoption place and see if I can find a buddy for the cat. Sunday will be my usual cleaning etc. but with the wound on my hand, I have to be careful to keep it clean and dry. Hopefully, Uno will be around to help with the chores.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been bit by several dogs my own self. First one on my arm, by a stray, dang near had to take rabies shots but they found the dog and it tested negative just in time.

Another time got bit across the face by a Saint Bernard. Got some nice stitches and a scar on my cheek out of that one.

A couple more I'm sure, but those are the ones that are really memorable.

Tell Uno I said for him to double time it on the chores!

I'm too plum tuckered out to make the cookies tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

I'll help, if my hand ain't too sore. Or I can just watch an keep ya company........

Tell Uno that I said that you get a pass and he can clean the house.

I appreciate the the thought but he's had a tough week too. If we can't do it together, I'll just skip it for a week. Won't hurt to skip one week.

Tell Uno that I said that you get a pass and he can clean the house.

Tell Uno, I second dat motion ! ;)

sorry it took so long to get here--tutoring late

thw kids at school were off the wall this week :unsure:

So I just had me a tall goblet of 5 star cabernet savignon.... and it has changed my attitude considerable :lol:

Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm sitting here struggling to keep my eyes open and yawning my fool head off, time to head to the bunkhouse.

Happy weekend all.

Grizz'zzz'zzzzzzzzzzz

b'sides it's good fer yur heart ;)

I might as well celebrate the good news--- my cholesterol went down 50 points in the last 3 mos.

I'm off for the weekend, which is really unusual. Was supposed to be off yesterday, but our zone meat cutter, who is usually there on Friday, had to go to another store to help get ready for a wheel visit. So I went in in and worked 6 AM-noon. Probably loafing today and watching Daytona tomorrow. Too windy to do anything outside. BMC must really be gassy. 40 to 50 mile wind gusts last 2 days.

Nothing quite like splitting firewood to work thru a good grump. Ain't done that in 30 odd years, maybe that's why I'm so grumpy now! :D

I agree my parents turned an old grain bin into a cabin with fireplace which requires a lot of wood. As I hate wood splitters I use the old method. Ax and maul. I prefer it and it gets me in shape for ball. Usually only have to split about a cord or two a month but this falls storms took down half there grove. as of last weekend I'm at seventy six trees cut up and split since november. Only have about twenty more to go. I do cheat and use a chain saw to cut them up. I haven't found a decient solo saw yet that I could afford

:unsure: Some fer sure, but some ain't.

The way them rivers are running, I am willing to bet that they are in there.

Closed to fishing, don'tcha know.

But you could fish on the sidewalk. They will let you do that.

'Cause the fish ain't there.

Archived