SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA party! Saturday Party!

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right fine, Ms. Kris. My daughter came down to visit, and just called to tell us she got home ok.

Been stormy and windy here tonight. Kinda of a relief knowing your young'uns ain't out in it.

Guess I am just a fussy ole father.

It's nice to be loved like that too. :wub::wub: I'm sure it's appreciated.

After a weekend at our friends house and the monthly match, I always call or text to tell them we made it home OK. If I don't she starts calling me to make sure we made it home, especially if the weather is bad through the pass. They have kind of become surrogate parents to us so it makes us feel loved. :wub::wub:

Might be a good thing to check out. Or else start shooting short rounds.

Uberti web site says 9 +1. That might be a problem, Grizz.

The 20 inch holds 10 +1

Just long sa dey aint no gamer loads................:angry:

(Git yur hand out da way.......need more busthead !)

Just can't abide no gamer loads ! :angry:

Nope, to tell the truth I didn't ask. But as the other 18 inch models say 10+1 and I ordered an 18 inch model, and the Taylor's trapper is a model spec'd out by Cody Conegher for cowboy shootin, I don't think it's an issue.

Edit, oh heck, just read the description, says right there it holds ten.

Don't reckon any rifle will make me shoot better, but I'll still have fun.

Historically my rifle got the most misses and I was perfect most of the time with my pistols. This past year it was the other way around. And often I'd miss the right target on a pistol sweep. Left handed and left eye dominant so I figure it's something to do with my stance and I'm swinging too far on it or something. Also that new russian shotgun seemed to always make me shoot high or low, don't remember which. I'm starting to think that maybe there is something to this 'practice' thing some folks keep jawing about.

Guess you are golden. Now if you can larn to hit the barn from inside. :lol:

Hehe(HICKUP)hehe.....dat mite be a tall order, Badger ! :wacko:

I'm headin for the bunkhouse and a pile of quilts, gettin a might chilly in here.

I reckon even if Hawk can get through the perimeter defenses, Murphy the 120 lb dog or Callie the attack cat will shred him before he gets close to the bunkhouse. Or at least I'll hear the screams and grab the scattergun :D

Night all.

Well gents, I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow so I'm gonna call it a night. Have a good one and I hope to chat with you tomorrow.

Nighty night.

At least I don't shoot that stinky black powder stuff, shoot that off inside the barn and you'll choke to death! :D

Grizz, taking cover

I aint give up on ya yet Grizz !

I ask my Lords Of The Soot Brethern to forgive ya fer shootin da heathen smokless and come over to da "Darkside !"

I got her back, Grizz. No self respecting cowboy would shoot that smelly stuff. KOFF KOFF.

Aint nobody ever called me "Self Respecting " t'all Badger !

You too can be pulled from da brink of da heathen smokless !

My Brethern of da Lords Of The Soot will be pullin' fer ya !

Well gents, I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow so I'm gonna call it a night. Have a good one and I hope to chat with you tomorrow.

Nighty night.

Night Kris.

Sleep well.

Hawk, I tried that stinky stuff with a .58. Dang near killed me. Went to the more genteel smokeless

stuff. Now I can shoot in a clean shirt.

I was just looking over Grizz's new rifle. That thing looks old. No plastic, no barrel shrouds, no

TACTILE hang ons, no flashlights. It ain't even black and actually has wood for a stock. All I can say

to you Grizz, is and when the Zombies come, you had better be good at reloading. That thing don't have no drop magazine or nuttin. Your gonna be in deep pudding.

Send t to me and I will get it modified for you to add a drum feed. :lol:

Once a parent, always a parent.

Me too, until they passed away. Always call the kids tho.

I definitely agree...

my kids don't seem to understand that it's not easy to turn off the "parent mode" just because they turn 18

I definitely agree...

my kids don't seem to understand that it's not easy to turn off the "parent mode" just because they turn 18

They will, just give them time. In the meanwhile, just be your own sweet self and love 'em anyway. :)

I ain't got tomorrow off. I am still an active retard feller. I don't get no personal time. I is always

in the breach.

I even went so far as to point the wagon tongue at the North Star.

Now I am going to get my bed roll and Captain Jack, and curl up by the campfir.

See you waddies tomorrow.

They closed the dang rivers again. I took Captain Jack and Momma over to his favorite sniffing

place at the river yesterday so he could see what dogs had been there. He just loves to sniff and mark. Anyhoo, we drove on over to a little lake that is a few miles away. The WDFW had the gate down and the road locked down. I guess they didn't want anybody stealing their rocks and fish.

Working on a road trip in early June or late May for a day or three. More on that later. Got flies to dress betweex now and then.

Might as well stretch the party out since today is a holiday.

Just got a call from the smith, rifle will be in next week, and as there are a bunch it may be a week or two for him to do his magic on it.

And in answer to Badgers next question, I'll be getting a 20 incher. They are only getting one 18 and someone else was in line ahead of me for it, and no idea when more will be coming in. Just as well, I was really debating between the 18 and 20 anyway. And with the Marlin being a 20, the sight radius will be the same on the new 73.

Archived