SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA party! Saturday Party!

Grizzly Dave

We have a 4 lane road that runs behind the house with an intersection with another 4 lane that we can see out the corner of the yard. I always hate it when more than just one or two emergency vehicles show up, cuz it means it's a bad one. One had choppers out here once, and that time it took two choppers.

I guess I'll answer my own question...

Closest club is about 20 minutes away, but they only shoot April thru September as the host club wants the range for other things the rest of the year. My favorite range was about an hour away, but they are moving right now due to landlord issues I think, anyway if my guess is correct, that club will be moving about another 20 minutes away.

There are a couple of clubs an hour and 45 minutes away, but I don't go there often, then several others 3 or 4 hours away.

I guess I'm just a whimp, after getting up early, then being on my feet for 4 or 5 hours shooting a match, much more than an hour drive home is a bit much for me. But, we gotta do what we gotta do to play the game I guess.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It beats what I'm listening to right now. There is some kind of "Police Action" going on near by. There are helo's circling low, sireens everywhere and not much traffic. That's not a good sign. :unsure:

WHOA........Besides being careful..here's what ya do

1) Call homeland Security and advise'em of a terrorist flyin' low over yur house

2) Call da pol-ice and compalane bout da loud noise outside.

3) also tell'em ya got a peepin' tom in a hang giulder wif a flashlite tryin' to look in ! ;)

Well, I reckon I'm gonna head for the bunkhouse.

Maybe tomorrow I'll load some shotgun shells. Heck, I worked for nearly half an hour today starting to get stuff together for the taxes, I reckon I earned a break :D

Well, I reckon I'm gonna head for the bunkhouse.

Maybe tomorrow I'll load some shotgun shells. Heck, I worked for nearly half an hour today starting to get stuff together for the taxes, I reckon I earned a break :D

Ohhhh....you ole party pooper ! :mellow:

Friday night only comes once a week ya know ! :huh:

Well, I may just end up shootin da bull din go to da bunkhouse. B)

Aint no fun drinkin' lone.

I could have gone shooting today. But one range I'd have to have gotten up at about 4 am to be on the road by 5. The other I'd have had to be up by 5 and on the road by 6 I think. Either way, far too early to go to ranges I've not been to before and shoot in unknown and quite possibly muddy conditions.

What sort of project you looking for CB?

Grizz

I do not have a clue , whatever comes along , I guess :huh:

Went out and I was wrong about the date of the show , it is NEXT week :blink:

Waiting to hear from a guy , to get some stuff to fix a S/G for a new shooter

Hope it comes through , They got took on what they bought , IMO

Maybe , I can help them out , hope so .

CB

Stay safe

WHOA........Besides being careful..here's what ya do

1) Call homeland Security and advise'em of a terrorist flyin' low over yur house

2) Call da pol-ice and compalane bout da loud noise outside.

3) also tell'em ya got a peepin' tom in a hang giulder wif a flashlite tryin' to look in ! ;)

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. The pups are in the house by that hour so we've got a bit more security. {I wouldn't argue with 200lbs of German Shepherd.... :D } I have no idea what was going on. Uno said is was around the corner from us and went on for a long time. He said there was even a TV helo out there. The PETA folks probably went bonkers over someone walking their dog on a leash and called everyone in to take action against this heinous act. :unsure:

Either that or they got word of someone planning to trap some possums! :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chatting with the neighbors is on my "to do" list for this weekend..........

Well, had to run a quick errand, saw they had windshield juice, I need juice in my car, so I bought a gallon. Get home, find the pliers (the plastic lever is broke off) and pop the hood. Put 2/3rds of the gallon in, heck thinks me, I'll check the oil while I'm here. Sure enough, it's a quart low. Have to hunt around the garage and find the oil, put in a quart. Start it up, rev the engine a bit, shut it off and recheck, it's good now, but on the bottom end of 'full.' I'll have to do better at checking it.

Well, now I have a third of a gallon of juice left. Grab the keys to the wife's van and put it in that. Heck thinks me, might as well check the oil while I'm here, yup, it's a quart low too. Saw another quart when I grabbed the first one so just had to fetch it. Well, poured some of it in the engine, don't know why that filler hole on the van is so hard for me to pour into.

At one point I looked into it and I seem to recall on the civic you had to replace the whole cable, but I could be wrong. At any rate, I just keep a pair of pliers in the map pocket of the drivers door to pull the stub of the cable with.

Apparently is is an issue with Honda automobiles. According to google it is not much of an

excercise but the guy said that you needed to remove the fender and the hood latch.

Probably not a ten minute job.

I had an old Datsun that the handle broke and I just popped it off and put the new one on the cable.

Must be something with the Japanese car makers. Crazy Yankees. Fix this.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. The pups are in the house by that hour so we've got a bit more security. {I wouldn't argue with 200lbs of German Shepherd.... :D } I have no idea what was going on. Uno said is was around the corner from us and went on for a long time. He said there was even a TV helo out there. The PETA folks probably went bonkers over someone walking their dog on a leash and called everyone in to take action against this heinous act. :unsure:

Well now....I see said da blind man to da deaf man !

Bet ya PETA sent dat dand helo out der to stop all dat BBQ in' goin on ! :lol: :lol:

Hey Grizz..............you still buyin ? :unsure:

Hope so cuz my ship aint come in yet and my throat is desert dust dry ! :blink:

Bottles........keep'em comin ! :lol:

bottles .......... bottles ...................

BOTTLES , pay attention boy ,

A tripple all around ..............

and be quick about it

Get yourself one too

CB

YEAH ! Break out dat old busthead ! ;)

Let's drink like ya stole it.......................er.........................drive it like ya drink it............................er..........................

What ever da he77 is it........................drink up ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as far as ships, Badger keeps saying that mine sank, with my new rifle on board.

Sorry da hear dat Grizz........................Here.........................

Give me yur glass an I'll dunk it in da busthead fer ya ! :lol:

After a few pulls, you want care bout no rifle drinkin on a sinkin shlip ! ! B):P;)

I'm hopin to hear something on my rifle this coming week, either the trapper I ordered will come in on an order, or it won't and I'll get a 20 incher instead. either way is pretty much fine by me.

Evenin' gents.

I hope today was better for you Grizz.

I shore would hate to see a rifle drinking, Apache. That sounds scary.

Thanks for the round, CB. Bottles, make mine a root beer. Thank you.

How are you this evening, BMC?

I'm hopin to hear something on my rifle this coming week, either the trapper I ordered will come in on an order, or it won't and I'll get a 20 incher instead. either way is pretty much fine by me.

Ifin it's da trapper or da 20 incher.......ifin' dey start talkin' to ya, I'm cuttin you off ! :mellow:

NO MORE BUSTHEAD ! :blink:

Right fine, Ms. Kris. My daughter came down to visit, and just called to tell us she got home ok.

Been stormy and windy here tonight. Kinda of a relief knowing your young'uns ain't out in it.

Guess I am just a fussy ole father.

Evenin' gents.

I hope today was better for you Grizz.

I shore would hate to see a rifle drinking, Apache. That sounds scary.

Thanks for the round, CB. Bottles, make mine a root beer. Thank you.

How are you this evening, BMC?

Tell ya what Kris......Ifin dat rifle starts ta drinkin.......I'm headin' fer da hills...................................

Cuz we all know a drinkin' rifle never stops till it's loaded ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right fine, Ms. Kris. My daughter came down to visit, and just called to tell us she got home ok.

Been stormy and windy here tonight. Kinda of a relief knowing your young'uns ain't out in it.

Guess I am just a fussy ole father.

Naw Badger.....you just like me.......a very lovin Dad when it comes to our youngin's ! :wub:

Archived